New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wally
    [SIZE=1]Mga Tsikoteers,

Additional warning lang to those who work/live w/in the teachers village area. Yesterday I had to rush to the police precinct at Anonas street to comfort my severely traumatized niece and her classmate.

She had just gone out of school and parked her car along Maginhawa street very near a popular roadside eatery (Nanette's) and the road that leads to UP. In just a matter of 10 minutes, the rear window of her car had been broken and all of her stuff along with that of her classmate had been stolen. A short inventory of the stolen items included the ff: a nextbase portable dvd player w/ screen, 2 cell phones, car stereo, wallet containing the whole month's allowance of the poor classmate, all of their books, gym clothes and equipment, 2 tennis racquets.

The robbery occured at 4:00 in the afternoon at a very busy street and within 20 meters from the Barangay Hall and some 150 meters from Camp Karingal of the PNP! As can be expected, the police declared their helplessness and as a consolacion offered me their wisdom and advise by telling me to be careful and not park within that vicinity as it had long been identified as a hot spot! And all this time while maliciously ogling and leering at the two victim-students as if it was the 1st time that a real woman ever entered the police precinct.

I knew all along that it was useless going to the police, pero yun lang ang unang reaction ng isang traumatized na victim! Anyways, ingat na lang kayo sa lugar na ito, if we were to follow the advise of the police, wag na kayong pumarada anywhere anytime sa QC!!!![/SIZE]
    Thanks for the warning, sir. Good thing your niece & her friend are safe. I really try to avoid the QC area whenever I have errands. I used to go to Puregold for our groceries (mura kasi don ang dry goods) but after what happened to attynorby in the nearby hospital, I guess I have to make do with StaLu or Rob's East for our gro. Naku, sana naman, safe pa ng konti sa Rizal/Pasig area.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by inoba
    Thanks for the warning, sir. Good thing your niece & her friend are safe. I really try to avoid the QC area whenever I have errands. I used to go to Puregold for our groceries (mura kasi don ang dry goods) but after what happened to attynorby in the nearby hospital, I guess I have to make do with StaLu or Rob's East for our gro. Naku, sana naman, safe pa ng konti sa Rizal/Pasig area.
    'pag sa Puregold, just park at the upper portion kasi guarded. Sa baba, delikado kasi mga watch-your-car-boys lang ang nagbabantay-salakay, hehe! Basta, extra ingat na talaga; you can't really be sure where it's safe to leave your car.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for sharing this story, Wally. Baka ito rin ang mga kriminal na dumale sa laptop ko, with the same modus operandi of breaking the window. Delikado na talaga magpark kung saan-saan kahit na populated pa ang area.

I encourage you all to share my "personal experience" to your friends and loved ones so that they may also be forewarned.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    grabe...rampant na tong mga crimes na to...kakatakot.

if we just know how to cure all this...???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attynorby
    It is a personal experience.

I feel that it is my duty, as a member of tsikot.com, to inform/warn everyone here of a bad incident that happened in broad daylight, around 1.30pm on a peaceful Sunday (October 16, 2005), at the parking lot of MALVAR GENERAL HOSPITAL along Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City.

For all of those familiar with the area, the hospital building itself is standing about 30 to 40 meters away from Commonwealth Avenue (CA). The space between CA and the hospital serves as the parking lot.

My whole family (wife and two kids, with two yayas) visited a friend confined at the said hospital. My kids were not allowed entry, as they are below 5 years old (hospital policy) so they stayed on the covered area/entrance with the yayas, merely 8 to 10 meters away from our parked vehicle, a Fortuner.

Barely 30 minutes, we went back to the car and was surprised that the window behind the driver's side was broken; a little searching and it was discovered that my laptop was missing. The laptop was partly hidden on that side, on the floor, upright in position, with some folders over it.

It is only then, after reporting the incident to the hospital security, that we were pointed to a small (10" x 10") plywood, a very inconspicuous sign, written: "Mag-ingat sa bukas-kotse at baklas mirror"... a proof that previous incidents have already happened (breaking a window was the first) BUT the management did not even have the temerity to place a security guard on patrol or posted in that part of the parking area. And, on that day, there was only 1 guard, sitting-pretty inside the emergency door, enjoying the cool air.

What do we get from this story? Here are my thoughts:

1. Ang hirap na talaga ng buhay ngayon. Criminals are very bold in their actions. Hindi na natatakot. Imagine, vehicles and people passing by CA (BTW, the side of the broken window was even facing CA).

2. FORTUNER SECURITY FLAW! Despite a forced entry, the alarm was not triggered. Pieces of the broken window even reached the other side of the car. The door, though, was not opened.

3. With no. 2, marurunong na talaga ang mga criminals. Alam na nila ang gagawin para hindi mag-alarm; at alam na rin nila ang hitsura ng laptop bag kahit na partly hidden. At the very least, my yayas will hear the alarm.

4. Valuables should be totally kept from would-be criminals' eyes.

5. With the stories of carjacking, carnapping, etc., particulary in QC, CA is the most notorious, from Tandang Sora to Fairview. Why? Informal settlers (squatters) abound the area, left and right of CA.

6. BTW, Puregold is just nearby the hospital, kaya ingat din sa mga nag-go-grocery doon, lalo na sa mga nagpapark sa lower portion where no guards are stationed. The "locals" serve as bantay-kotse; they just live behind/vicinity of Puregold.

7. Don't leave a member of the family inside the car, while parked.

Legal action is another story.

Into another story, a very close family friend's Revo suffered the same thing in Tagaytay, while parked. Window broken; all things stolen. Two months ago.

Best friend's Revo, while parked outside their house, in Baguio City, also suffered the same thing. Driver's side of the window broken; open door; alarm triggered; open hood; cut battery line. Apparently the robbers were interested with the H/U but nahirapan sila kasi it was not a "pull-out" version. Ang ginawa, middle of the dashboard was hit, badly damaged, pero hindi pa rin nakuha H/U. Guard was alerted this time, two shots were allegedly fired. The whole dashboard was replaced. A month ago.

Mom's friend's CRV was stolen while parked at Quezon City Hall. Parking near the Justice Hall. Last week.

STORIES not to frighten anyone but to serve as warnings to all of us, to your relatives and friends. Christmas is fast approaching; criminal activities increase.

BTW, broken window was replaced yesterday by the dealer; good thing meron na sila.

Easy driving!
    tnx sir sa info, napapagawi din kami jan sa qc, halos ginto ang fortuner kasi mataas ang demand sa pilipinas tapos babatuhin lang tsk, may nangyari din sa san pablo laguna, sa may max's restaurant, umaga din sa van nman nakalagay ung laptop tinangay din binasag ung salamin, di namalayan ng guard, dito sa quezon nman wala pa ako nababalitaan,

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung mga gumagawa nito, meron daw ini-spray sa window glass na chemical, na it would make it so brittle, na kahit yung alarm, di maa-activate. Konting kanti lang daw, talagang durog yung salamin.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    2k+ na ALARM ko very Sensitive.. Wang2x ng wang may sensitive control pa.. Cobra ata alarm type yun.. Kung basagin glass pag open nman sa door Wang2x na.

Thanx talaga sir..
    Yong mga Wlang tint or clear lng sigurado patok sa nakawan yan..
    Last edited by finchy18; October 31st, 2005 at 08:18 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Yung mga gumagawa nito, meron daw ini-spray sa window glass na chemical, na it would make it so brittle, na kahit yung alarm, di maa-activate. Konting kanti lang daw, talagang durog yung salamin.
    The curing period must be so fast also. In a matter of less than 10 minutes, completed na ang crime. What is revealing though is they do it in broad daylight, with many passersby; what is disheartening is that no one even attempted to "help". The post of Wally is another good example.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sobrang halang ang kaluluwa nyan pag ginagawa in broad daylight and madami witness, but I do believe that will suffer the same fate once karma takes over. they will either be mobbed or humiliated in public ...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Guys, since talagang talamak na carjacking/carnapping incident nowadays, its better to install an effective alarm system that really works. TxtAlert, our GSM security device na u can txt only para maaccess ung feaures nya. Guys, those intersted, just PM me or email me at txtalert*gmail.com. I'll give u brochure and price info.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
You ought to know... Don't be the next victim.