New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Mayor Belmonte HOY GISING! Hihintayin mo pa ba na ikaw ang mawalan ng sasakyan bago ka magising!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by geode
    just curious ... was your vehicle tinted?
    Yes, sir. 3M Magic Dark. The laptop was also partly hidden, on the floor, upright. I have 3M Super Dark in my Altis; if you really get close to it, as in an inch from it, tipong nakadikit na talaga mukha mo, you will still see the inside. I am actually contemplating of changing the tint to Super Dark but I am weighing it against driving more comfortably at night.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Basta QC, I always insist on indoor parking. Kahit tipong may kukunin lang ako sa opisina, I will take the trouble of going to our basement parking, where I can trust our guards, rather than leave the car on the sidewalk for even 30 seconds.

Pumaparada lang ako sa labas whenever I visit my parents sa Tandang Sora. Maraming kapitbahay, maraming bantay.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    ...rather than leave the car on the sidewalk for even 30 seconds.
    You are right there! I think the criminals attacked my car almost after we left it. Wala pa kaming 30 minutes sa hospital.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PLANET odyssey
    Mayor Belmonte HOY GISING! Hihintayin mo pa ba na ikaw ang mawalan ng sasakyan bago ka magising!
    di ba ng term ni charito planas sa QC as Vice mayor ..nawalan din sila ng vehicle sa harap ng bahay pa nila sa New Manila

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pero tama ang observations, maraming skwating ang nakatira along Commonwealth. I was still living in Veteran's Village then, I would wait for the bus sa Commonwealth on my way to work, and I would sometimes witness snatchers jumping off jeepneys and crossing Commonwealth with their loot, habang yung pobreng biktima eh wala nang magawa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attynorby
    Thank you for all your symphaties, comments and opinions. You are all right, we must be extra-vigilant nowadays for the preservation and protection of our loved ones and properties. After the incident, ngayon parang nag-tatatlong-isip muna ako kung saan maganda i-park ang sasakyan; dapat guarded, with a little paalala to the guard to take a good look at my car, in particular. Mabuti na lang din that I am religiously backing-up my files but of course, the recent ones were not saved.

I am now in search of a second and more reliable alarm system, with immobilizer... with invisible mode,

Easy driving!
    a paltry amount of "incentive" given to a guard also raises his awareness sa pagbabantay ng ride mo. It worked for me for many years now. Masaya na siya sa pamasahe pauwi/pang-yosi/pananghalian/etc, tutok pa siya sa kotse mo, oh di ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    It can also be where u least expect it. mantakin mo, my friend's Lancer was carjacked inside Camp Crame!!! Di ba ang galing??

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    tara na sa dubai!!!
    OT....Cost of living in Dubai have skyrocketed astronomically for the past 6 months. Nagulat nga ako dahil way back '98 you could buy so much for a lesser amount of money. Ngayon, even the flat (apartment) rates are ridiculously expensive! Kaya yung ibang mga pinay, napipilitang mag-"sideline" just to have something to eat and some bed to sleep on everyday. Traffic's gone bad also..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It can happen where you least expect it. It happened in a church at Calamba. Last Sunday, 9:30am, when I was backing in to park inside the church's parking area I noticed glass splinters scattered on the side of a parked FX right beside where I parked mine. When I got off my van, the driver of the FX appeared from the other side of his van probably checking other damages in his van. It was known, during the mass (8:30-9:30am), a thief smashed his window behind the driver's side, creating a 4" dia gaping hole enough to pull up the locking lever and eventually taking all the valuables inside. To my dismay, I left with no options but to guard my own vehicle, excused myself from the next mass and let my family attend the mass themselves.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
You ought to know... Don't be the next victim.