The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by wiretap_md
    CLAVEL,

Would you in any way be referring to me? I hope not
    delete by Me - Clavel
    Last edited by CLAVEL3699; November 12th, 2004 at 09:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Clavel,

Would you be so kind as to post the plate number of the Vitara that you saw? Can you also post the exact time, date, and place of the incident where it happened? My Vitara is a red colored vehicle with plate number FDT-340 sa rear and a DOTC "4X4MD" commemorative plate in front.

Ito ang hint kung ikaw nga yun. May isang honda na light blue ang kulay na madalas maghintay sayo mula gilmore hanggang Araneta Ave. Na muntik kana babaan sa Araneta Ave.
    Madalas maghintay? Can you clarify this please?

If my memory serves me right, I cannot recall any incident to my experience that is in a way similar to your description. The only collision I have encountered in my whole driving experience here in Manila involved a taxi that abruptly veered into my path and its rear bumpered caught up with my front bumper. And if ever I have been involved in any collision/traffic altercation, I am and never will be the type of person who leaves the scene of the crime. I know my responsibilities both on and off the road.

I would appreciate it if you could post all the details necessary so as we would all not jump to conclusions and this issue be settled once and for all.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by wiretap_md
    Clavel,

Would you be so kind as to post the plate number of the Vitara that you saw? Can you also post the exact time, date, and place of the incident where it happened? My Vitara is a red colored vehicle with plate number FDT-340 sa rear and a DOTC "4X4MD" commemorative plate in front.

Madalas maghintay? Can you clarify this please?

If my memory serves me right, I cannot recall any incident to my experience that is in a way similar to your description. The only collision I have encountered in my whole driving experience here in Manila involved a taxi that abruptly veered into my path and its rear bumpered caught up with my front bumper. And if ever I have been involved in any collision/traffic altercation, I am and never will be the type of person who leaves the scene of the crime. I know my responsibilities both on and off the road.

I would appreciate it if you could post all the details necessary so as we would all not jump to conclusions and this issue be settled once and for all.
    deleted by me - clavel
    Last edited by CLAVEL3699; November 12th, 2004 at 09:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    deleted by me - clavel
    Last edited by CLAVEL3699; November 12th, 2004 at 09:36 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiss and make up na kayo :D lapit na pasko :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks WireTap for the PM.

Sorry if this things go out of hand.

Again. I appreciate it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Finally, I was able to clarify things last night with CLAVEL when he texted me his number and I was able to get in touch with him through phone.

Here's what happened:

I was heading for home and cruising along Ortigas Ave westbound towards E. Rodriguez avenue that fateful Friday night (Oct. 29) around 11-11:30pm after attending an informal DELTA RECON meeting at Filmar Katipunan together with crawdaddy, astec, mikaztro, OpMgr, defpotec, etc. I had just passed the intersection near Starbucks Ashcreek and was in the middle lane. After talking to clavel last night, I then remembered that he was the one in a civic that was on the inner lane to my left and we were cruising at almost the same speed and adjacent to my vehicle. I was just maintaining my speed and lane when I noticed from my rear view mirror that there was a vehicle with bright HID lights that was fast approaching me from behind. Once it got nearer, I was able to discern it to be a BMW 3 series. Siguro nakita ng BMW na clavel's vehicle and I were cruising at almost the same speed and side by side so he attempted to overtake us both by passing me from my right side. At that time, we were close to approaching the Ortigas-Santolan intersection already with the Petron gas station to our right. At this time, side by side pa rin kami ni Clavel sa left ko. I assumed that this BMW will be turning right going to Santolan because he was already at my right side. But no! The BMW wanted to overtake me from the right and proceed on crossing the intersection. If you guys are familiar with the area, the road narrows a bit upon approaching that intersection because there is a small island on the right side with a path for those turning right. This BMW then tries to overtake me from the right then cut directly in front of my path abruptly because if he won't, then salpak siya sa island talaga. Since I knew I was in my proper lane, I did not bulge because I said to myself that siguro naman this BMW will not attempt to cut me because he knows there is an island and he wouldn't risk his BMW hitting it or scraping my vehicle. Pero this car proved me wrong. Ginitgit ba naman ako. The BMW's rear left door was already at the same level as that of my front right ARB bullbar then started cutting towards my lane. I then had to think of some emergency evasive actions otherwise matataman niya bumper ko. Ok man lang sa akin coz I knew I wouldn't sustain any damage pero ayoko na ng hassle. I blasted several warning horns of my Mitsuba to him but to no avail. I had no choice but to slam on my brakes and veer slightly to the left lane towards Clavel's lane otherwise salpak talaga. I got irritated and mad na talaga at what was happening. Tinuloy-tuloy ko na pamumusina sa gagong BMW at the same time glancing at the clavel's car at the left lane because I was getting pretty close to it and I didn't want my left side hitting the other car also. Right after clearing the intersection, the road widened so I decided to myself that I'll give this guy a piece of my mind and try cutting him also. If I remember, I was still in 3rd gear at that time and I abruptly shifted down to 2nd gear in an attempt to rev up and get ready to cut him too. Right at that moment, I heard something snap and then my whole shifter lever went very loose. I said to myself that I brokes something coz I couldn't shift into any gear anymore and everytime I attempted to, I just grinded my tranny. Sloping pababa yung daan so I tried to move the car to the curb and assess things. It was only at that point that I remembered that crawdaddy mentioned to me before that he encountered a similar problem while driving and discovered later on that his lever bushing of his gearshift lever got cut, causing the whole shifter mechanism to pop out. I immediately called Craw who was still at the meeting and narrated the story. He then told me that it was a bushing problem and could be fixed easily by just replacing the bushing. After calling, I tried shifting to 1st gear pero ayaw pumasok talaga. Sa 2nd gear lang pwede so I had no choice but to drive home all the way in 2nd gear from that point on.

After telling this story to Clavel, it was then that I realized that my recount of events matched his description on what he observed. When he mentioned that he heard my loud horn blasts and then looked towards their car with an irritated look, that was siguro the point where I was blasting myself away against the BMW and at the same time glancing at Clavel's car to making sure na may clearance left pa between us para di ko rin siya matatamaan. And when Clavel claimed that they waited for me after the intersection pero it apparently "looked" that I didn't want to approach their vehicle, that was when my shifter problem happened thus I was unable to move forward. Blessing in disguise siguro yan kasi what if hindi nasira and I continued on. Baka pina-ulanan na ako siguro ng bala. Hahaha! j/k.

Anyway, I asked Clavel about the damage incurred to his vehicle and he said that there were some minor tire marks sa car niya. I offered to help pay for the expense but he declined saying that natanggal naman sa rubbing. Siguro our vehicles came too close that either my front left rubber fender flare or the edge of my tires rubbed slightly against the body of clavel's car. Slightly offset kasi gulong ko. I did not notice nor feel at all any manifestation that my vehicle "touched" his car and nor did he. Siguro it was because we both were too focused on the situation at hand. Lets leave it like that nalang.

Now that all things are settled, I can heave out a sigh of relief. My apologies to Clavel if ever my actions towards that damn BMW were misinterpreted as aggressive or hostile action against Clavel, his companion, and his car. I always try to maintain a "professional" attitude and behavior while on the road not just because I am a professional myself, but because I want to be an example to others. Nakakahiya naman siguro if I drive like an idiot and to think na my vehicle has stickers of tsikot, dieselclub.org and even www.4x4ph.com. Pero kung alam ko na tama yung ginagawa ko at nasa tamang pwesto ako, I fight for it. That explains why I just totally popped with that BMW.

So, I'm glad the case is settled and we all can be one big happy family once again. Again, my apologies to Clavel and may this encounter of ours serve as a lesson to others as well.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti nagka linawan na kayo... :D

Clavel, you've got mail.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sighhhhhhhh!!!!! nababad ata ako sa thread na 'to ha. ni-review ko pa kasi. Buti na lang at na-settled din.

Br,
    silver_corolla

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Phillip;

Please delete all messages regarding the incident...

Para ibaon na natin sa hukay. hahahahaha!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
xkz707/umh817