New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I think ONE of the MANY factors is the credibility of law enforcers and the perception of motorists on our law enforcers. Why should we follow a corrupt law enforcer? When we see a police man flagging us down, we always think he is only after a good buck. so we just outrun or avoid him, like how we outrun a possible hold up scenario

agree with m54... you guys should go to india haha! you thought its helll driving in the PH, well guess again. UK is pretty ok. driving on the other side is pretty cool too! Malaysia and Singapore is ok too. in the US, they dont care as long as they are in the right of way. but LA is SO chaotic! atleast in the downtown area. Familiar yun style nila na sumingit sa lane haha! de ja vue PH China is also chaotic, although I can understand since driving is still new to the country as it opens its gates to the international auto community. Everyday I see collisions although sagi lang ng mga bumper and some panels but its only here I've seen people dead on the road. 3 accidents involving cars and bicycles. minsan sa freeway magtataka kay why there is this one car so slow, yun pala yun driver may kausap sa cell phone haha! after a few months observing the driving here in China, now I know why expats are'nt allowed to drive in this country.
    Last edited by cardo; August 22nd, 2006 at 09:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    China is also chaotic, although I can understand since driving is still new to the country as it opens its gates to the international auto community. Everyday I see collisions although sagi lang ng mga bumper and some panels but
    - you are right! masyadong immature magdrive tao dito, they still have that bicycle-driving stigma kaya singit ng singit at walang law sa daan para maayos. hilig din nila tumutok kaya daming gasgasan ng bumpers dito...parang pag asa mcdo ka, dikit ng dikit at singit ng singit.

its only here I've seen people dead on the road. 3 accidents involving cars and bicycles. minsan sa freeway magtataka kay why there is this one car so slow, yun pala yun driver may kausap sa cell phone haha! after a few months observing the driving here in China,

- napansin ko mas importante pera dito kesa buhay. kaya pag may aksidente hinahayaang nakahilata sa daan yung taong duguan anggat di dumarating yung "insurance guy". marami n rin akong nakitang aksidenteng ganyan at parang gusto kong itakbo sa hospital.

now I know why expats are'nt allowed to drive in this country.[/QUOTE]-

- you maybe wrong bro, they are allowed...only if they have the GUTS!
    4 kaming pinoy na nagdadrive dito area namin sa shenzhen. mas takot nga westeners magdrive dito...atleast sanay n tayo sa pinas.

"Almost every Pinoy learns driving from friends and relatives, using the family or someone else’s car. Professional driving schools are not big business here. So he learns his values and attitudes—the rules of the road—from someone close. He picks up the driving habits of the tutor. "

baligtad dito...kailangan nilang magdriving school for 3-6mos, tska mahal ( around 3k RMB or P20k) ...kasi nga bago lang driving sa karamihan. tataka ako paglabas nila sa daan balasubas pa ring magmaneho, di man lang sumusunod sa mga trafffic basic rules.

to me, kahit saan may balasubas sa daan, sana lang maimplement lang ng "maayos' tamang laws sa daan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    [I]- you are right! masyadong immature magdrive tao dito, they still have that bicycle-driving stigma kaya singit ng singit at walang law sa daan para maayos. hilig din nila tumutok kaya daming gasgasan ng bumpers dito...parang pag asa mcdo ka, dikit ng dikit at singit ng singit.
    OT: Oo nga. Noong mapunta kami sa Shanghai,- last (split) second na lang pe-preno at hanep talagang mag-swerve ang mga drivers... Pati merging,- walang tingin tingin,- saksak na lang ng saksak...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post

now I know why expats are'nt allowed to drive in this country

- you maybe wrong bro, they are allowed...only if they have the GUTS!
    4 kaming pinoy na nagdadrive dito area namin sa shenzhen. mas takot nga westeners magdrive dito...atleast sanay n tayo sa pinas.

really? wow! I would like to have a chance to drive too! Just for the experience but our company does not allow us so they gave us a car and a driver. Siguro mahal ang insurance or whatever compared to letting me drive hehe or baka worried sila that I will runover all those bicycles eheheh just kidding.

indeed china is so new to the auto community even buying a car is based on hearsay I've heard some say, they buy american because american cars are fast. Some, spend all their savings on a luxury brand like merc or bmw because if you have an accord, people will not do business with you. they will think you do not have power because you own an ordinary car. OT

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    really? wow! I would like to have a chance to drive too! Just for the experience but our company does not allow us so they gave us a car and a driver. Siguro mahal ang insurance or whatever compared to letting me drive hehe or baka worried sila that I will runover all those bicycles eheheh just kidding.

indeed china is so new to the auto community even buying a car is based on hearsay I've heard some say, they buy american because american cars are fast. Some, spend all their savings on a luxury brand like merc or bmw because if you have an accord, people will not do business with you. they will think you do not have power because you own an ordinary car. OT
    saan ka dito sa china? the company not allowing you might just be a show of concern that driving might just be an headache.
    medyo mahal nga oto dito even compare to the U.S, malaki yung tax.
    buick,chevy or GM lang yata nkikita kong american cars dito. mostly talaga euro at japanese (tska pala geely,qq at greatwall)cars at ngayon may mga sightings na ako ng mga ferrari, lambo, bently at maserrati...plus perforamance cars like evo5-8, STI, M3,M5, MR2, sylvia, gt skyline..etc.

insurance? halos ganon din sa pinas, mahal lang sa tansta ko ng 10-15%.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    Wow bigat nila... siguro yung mga Chinese na magawi dito ay sasabihin na puro ordinary cars karamihan tumatakbo sa PI!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    yuichi, You mean insurace sa car? I guess the company is more concerned on the overall cost of insurance as a foreign employee hospitalization, accomodation, allowances, fees when injured, paperwork etc. Anyways...

mura dito chinese cars, like the chery QQ - 40K rmb... which is like 250k?

Dito lang ako nakakita ng Brabus merc dealer aftermarket professional tuner ng merc. sa atin cats lang ata merc dealer.

Not sure if totoo(maybe) I heard that since the Auto industry is new in china, car loans are not yet established as in some areas. (The company I work does not have car loans here in china, but in PH we have) so most people buy cars in cash - wow!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Come to think of it, all of the above answers are valid reasons.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    =yuichi;620830]
    - napansin ko mas importante pera dito kesa buhay. kaya pag may aksidente hinahayaang nakahilata sa daan yung taong duguan anggat di dumarating yung "insurance guy". marami n rin akong nakitang aksidenteng ganyan at parang gusto kong itakbo sa hospital.
    ot:
    tutuo yan sa pilipinas; kung ang mga bus drivers daw sa atin nakabanga silang ng tao, tapos kapag ung tao daw,di pa cya talagang patay. aatrasan pa daw nung bus ung tao, para tuluyan ng mamatay. kci daw, kung nabuhay pa ung tao, ipa-pahospital pa nila un ng habang buhay(kung nabaldado lang) at maraming babayaran sa hospital ung bus company. kaya ang ginagawa daw talagang sasagasaan ka na talaga para walang ng problema. kci nga naman ung pang palibing lang daw ang babayaran, at maliit na kompensasyon sa biktima. grabe talaga mga bus drivers sa atin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Why Pinoys make lousy drivers