New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes. i yield to the pedestrians with or without pedestrian lane. provided that they are already on the my path. of course when it is safe to do so, i let them through.

it is a responsibility of a driver to give way to pedestrians at any cost.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes. Because they'll be in danger if they stay longer in the middle of the road.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nakakinis lang yung mga peds na tumatawid sa ILALIM nag ped overpass. How hard is it to climb the stairs and use the overpass? Maraming ganito sa buendia...sayang naman yung mga overpass na kinita ni Connie Dy :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pinakamahirap mga jaywalkers na di pa marunong tumawid... Yung mga:

- Tumawid na ng kalahati, babalik pa sa pinagumpisan dahil takot ituloy.
    - Mga tumatawin na sugod lang ng sugod (di titingin sa traffic)

...give way to pedestrians at any cost.
    I don't agree to the last part...

Pass by Libis coming from the flyover (from Tiendesitas to Libis route), and quite often, you'll be running around 60+kph, the road is dark and there are jaywalkers all the time who tries to cross the 4-lane road. I've personally seen 2 accidents where cars were rear-ended coz the cars tried to let the pedestrian cross... Who's going to pay for the damages? Kasalanan mo pa na huminto ka sa gitna ng daan...

Ditto with stupid people boarding/disembarking from foot of flyovers...

If it's relatively slow traffic and wala talagang designated tawiran, yes, dapat kang huminto para makatawid sila.

But if the road is planned to relatively fast and flowing traffic, and you try to cross it by sheer bravery (or stupidity), then that's another story...

Don't know if this is related to this thread but... couple of years ago I saw a preggy lady (from the squatters area i presume), standing on the middle of the rightmost lane along Roxas Blvd, obviously nagpapasagasa. Ingat na lang in this kind of situations.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I try to, but sometimes if you let one in, sunod sunod sila sobrang siksikan pa, tapos aandar yung katabi mo haharangin lahat. Is it worth letting them pass when the others won't? I think it still is, nakakainis lang yung di marunong magbigay. Especially if they're on the "ped xing" :p

On the other hand kapag go yung sasakyan tapos tatapag sa kalye attempting to cross, I flash my lights or honk the horn. Minsan may nakakalusot, tapos ang bagal pa maglakad.

If I'm crossing the road on the ped xing at the right time, and somebody doesn't stop, I tap on the car/trunk/door hard enough for them to think twice the next time they don't let peds cross.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    when they are crossing within the perimeter of a pedestrian lane, we should give way, 2 lang ang paa nila, apat ang gulong ng auto natin.

when they are crossing at stoplight, i also give way, alang pedestrian lane but there a sign ped xing especially in taft ave going to la salle form city hall

BUT when they are crossing where no pedestrian is seen e its there risk so kung mabangga mo sila you must not be held liable, its your discretion if you be kind to them nor be even, mayroong tamang tawiran dapat dun sila tumawid, police dont or very seldom caught jaywalkers, we respect pedestrians they should also respect drivers=)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    of course im in the US, its a must!!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kapag umuulan at walang kotse sa likod ko, titigil talaga ako with or without ped lane. ang akin kasi, gusto ko mga tumatawid is out of harm as soon as possible. its my little way of being responsible for world peace :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Related issue..

How come most people here don't know how to cross BEHIND a car instead of chasing the front of the car?

Picture this, let's say a person is crossing the street in a stop-and-go traffic situation. Kitang kita na aabante na mga cars, instead of walking behind the vehicles who aren't moving yet, they keep on trying to walk in front of the car who's about to move, and continues to attempt to "outrace" the car so makatawid...

While he could've just walked leisurely behind the "about-to-move-forward" car and cross the street since there's NO WAY the car behind can move until the one in front does...

Drives me nuts.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
when you see a pedestrian crossing the street do you let them through...