New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    First thing that I usually do (kasi ilang road accidents na din ang nasangkutan ko, both as a passenger and driver) ay i-check ang kalagayan ng mga taong sangkot. Pag biker, I ask them if there's anyone hurt? This diffuses tension. So, mas madali ang usapan. I don't usually argue, I let the police investigator do his job. Pag medyo nakakaamoy ng "lutong-makaw", e dun na ako umaalma. But diplomacy is still the best policy.

Biker man o cager, depende pa rin sa position ng (mga) sasakyan na sangkot sa aksidente or kung sino ang bumangga (esp. pag sa likuran ang tama). Kaya nga sa isang bangaan, medyo matagal muna bago matanggal ang mga ito sa kalsada kasi the police/traffic enforcer has to establish the "position" of the involved vehicles. This is the reason why there is too much queue on the road when it happens . . . isama mo pa mga "uzi".

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Yep. Usually, incompetent police investigators just resort to filing a criminal case of reckless imprudence (whether resulting to homicide or injury, or damage to property) without conducting a proper, exhaustive investigation. Kung hindi lang abala sa oras at pera I'd take my chances in court and watch these idiots wilt under intense cross-examination.
    ok cge,,,kung sakaling magfile ang both parties ng kaso,,,yung cager magfifile sa rider ng damage to properties tapos yung rider magfifile ng damage to property and wreckless imprudence resulting to physical injury e parang talo talaga ang mga nakakotse db? kase yung wrekless ipmrudence is a criminal offense e...tama ba o mali?

sana naman yung mga attorney dyan ay makapagbigay ng suggestions and comments plus yung mga may personal experience sa ganitong pangyayari...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    ok cge,,,kung sakaling magfile ang both parties ng kaso,,,yung cager magfifile sa rider ng damage to properties tapos yung rider magfifile ng damage to property and wreckless imprudence resulting to physical injury e parang talo talaga ang mga nakakotse db? kase yung wrekless ipmrudence is a criminal offense e...tama ba o mali?

sana naman yung mga attorney dyan ay makapagbigay ng suggestions and comments plus yung mga may personal experience sa ganitong pangyayari...
    Not so fast. Both reckless imprudence cases are criminal in nature and are, therefore, subject to higher evidentiary requirements i.e. proof beyond reasonable doubt.

Kaya hindi mo masasabi na nakakalamang ang naka-motorsiklo kapag nag-demandahan. Its really all about how much evidence you can present and how much of it you can prove or get admitted into evidence and considered by the court. Eh kung sa testimony palang ng driver ng motor o kotse man merong lumabas na pagkakamali, o kung pareho mang meron mali, mas mali ang isa, the court will decide accordingly.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Not so fast. Both reckless imprudence cases are criminal in nature and are, therefore, subject to higher evidentiary requirements i.e. proof beyond reasonable doubt.

Kaya hindi mo masasabi na nakakalamang ang naka-motorsiklo kapag nag-demandahan. Its really all about how much evidence you can present and how much of it you can prove or get admitted into evidence and considered by the court. Eh kung sa testimony palang ng driver ng motor o kotse man merong lumabas na pagkakamali, o kung pareho mang meron mali, mas mali ang isa, the court will decide accordingly.

oic...may isa pang gumugulo sa isipan ko e. Kasi may friend ako na nakapagtanong sya sa attorney nila sa company tungkol nga rin sa ganitong sitwasyon at ang sabi sa kanya ay mas pinapanigan ng batas(judge) yung taong naaksidente. Hindi ko talaga sure kung totoo ito kasi yung mga attorney iba-iba rin ang sinasabi pag huminge ka ng advice sa kanila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    oic...may isa pang gumugulo sa isipan ko e. Kasi may friend ako na nakapagtanong sya sa attorney nila sa company tungkol nga rin sa ganitong sitwasyon at ang sabi sa kanya ay mas pinapanigan ng batas(judge) yung taong naaksidente. Hindi ko talaga sure kung totoo ito kasi yung mga attorney iba-iba rin ang sinasabi pag huminge ka ng advice sa kanila.
    Trust me, its better to ask a practicing lawyer personally. Better yet, ask a lawyer who is into litigation practice. Just because one party happens to suffer a more serious injury than the other in an accident doesn't automatically mean that the other party is guilty of a crime. For all you know, its the reckless imprudence of the injured party which was the proximate cause of the accident and a contributory to his injuries.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    first of all, understand that motorcycle drivers ( with a very few exception ) are among the most undisciplined and illiterate in so far as traffic rules and road etiquette is concerned. they pass right and left without concern for other vehicles under that crooked mentality that they have right of way all the time.

why is this? obviously while a car driver will take a minimum number of driving lessons with his tutor-companion before going at it alone, bike riders by their nature, go at it alone as soon as they climb on board. in my case for example, i started learning to drive in high school but actually start driving alone after graduating and already working. while motorbike driving, like learning to bicycle, you start as soon as you balance yourself alone.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    shouldn't the question be, "what would you do if a motorcycle hits your car?"

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    shouldn't the question be, "what would you do if a motorcycle hits your car?"
    this is a nice one...what if you are driving in your lane then suddenly a MC counterflowed, thus driving facing you...You stepped hard on your brakes but the MC refused to slow down. Now the freaking thing happened, the MC hits you head on and the rider suffered major injury...Now the big question is, should the car driver pay for everything (hospitalization, MC repair, more money, etc.) and at the end still go to jail because he can't give more money..? Any lawyers here???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
what would you do if you hit a motorcycle..?