New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    In general, the U-turn schemes has been GREATLY beneficial -- as many of us who have been driving around the Metro more than five years can attest. Just look at Quezon Ave and most (but not all) of EDSA...

Those who describe the U-turn scheme as stupid haven't seen a fraction of what it's done to the traffic in many places.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    In general, the U-turn schemes has been GREATLY beneficial -- as many of us who have been driving around the Metro more than five years can attest. Just look at Quezon Ave and most (but not all) of EDSA...

Those who describe the U-turn scheme as stupid haven't seen a fraction of what it's done to the traffic in many places.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Just look at Quezon Ave
    True, the u-turn scheme works in some instances but not on all instances. I think it is particularly not suited at the intersection of Quezon Ave and Timog Ave. If you noticed that stretch of Quezon Ave is the worst affected by the U-turn scheme.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The U-Turn slot is 50/50 beneficial really... pero what makes it 50/50 I believe is not on the system, pero on those na sumisingit sa mga nakapila ng maayos sa u-turn slot. Yun nagko-cause na traffic kasi sinasakop almost lahat ng lanes eh. In my own opinion lang naman.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tamang disiplina sa mga driver ang kailangan, pero nakatulong ang u turn na ginawa ni bf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Watch Che-che Lazaro's Probe TV about MMDA's stupid Uturn schemes