New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last week 3 men came to my house posing as bank/collection agents. They were claiming that my 2nd hand Altis, which was bought early this year, is a subject of a court order resulting from unpaid balance of the car loan by the original owner. They presented court documents, together with a picture of our car. They wanted to take the vehicle and threatened to include us (present owners) in the court case if we refuse. They also wanted to enter my house to discuss the details of the court document, but we wisely refused.
    We had a heated argument and we stressed out that we have the original "OWNER'S COPY" CR (registed under the 2nd owner) and deed of sale, and that there is no way that we're giving them the car. I demanded a copy of the court documents so I can have it verified. They agreed to give me the original document, but changed their mind immediately. Instead, they said they'll give us a copy if we'll give them a copy of the CR. I told them I'll give them a copy once I have a copy of their legal document. Then they said they'll just have the court document photocopied and will return.
    After suspecting that these people are not who they claim to be, I called the police and reported the incident. They also waited for the 3 men to return, which never did.

Please be on a lookout for this new modus operandi. The 3 men used an ISUZU HIGHLANDER, Dark Green 2 tone with grey. I didn't get the complete plate number but according to a witness, it is W*V453 or WV*453 or 443.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Umatake nanaman pala yung mga tarantado, nakaisip na ng bagong kalokohan.

Dapat diyan pinapatay eh. Kawawa naman yung mga madali maloko.

Pag ako pinuntahan ng mga yan, t*ngina sapakin ko sila. Brand new ko binili oto ko. :rofl01:

But kudos to you sir for having a presence of mind. Kung hindi nako, baka nag-bye ka na sa Altis mo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikboy2010 View Post
    They presented court documents, together with a picture of our car. They wanted to take the vehicle and threatened to include us (present owners) in the court case if we refuse. They also wanted to enter my house to discuss the details of the court document, but we wisely refused.
    Wise decision indeed Sir..BTW what kind of documents did they have of your car? VIN / Engine number correct? etc? Previous owner data, etc?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by christel_chops View Post
    Wise decision indeed Sir..BTW what kind of documents did they have of your car? VIN / Engine number correct? etc? Previous owner data, etc?
    I was also looking for those details in the document, but they kept on distracting me. That's why I was suspicious and demanded a copy. That's part of their modus, they'll distract you and immediately threaten you para mataranta ka.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    kakainit ng dugo amp. thanks sir for the heads up!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Their technique is to present you with a court document with a picture of the car attached. But upon taking a better look at the picture, I noticed that it was just taken in front of our house. Which led me to suspect more.
    I think I was able to contest a lot of what they're claiming, that's why they got discouraged and decided not to pursue. Looking back, if one of us allowed them to enter the house, I might be telling a different story now.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikboy2010 View Post
    Their technique is to present you with a court document with a picture of the car attached. But upon taking a better look at the picture, I noticed that it was just taken in front of our house. Which led me to suspect more.
    I think I was able to contest a lot of what they're claiming, that's why they got discouraged and decided not to pursue. Looking back, if one of us allowed them to enter the house, I might be telling a different story now.
    ...or you wouldn't have told this story at all.

pero grabe ha. well planned yung modus na yan. pano nila nalaman na 2nd hand yung auto mo? tapos nakakuha pa sila ng pic. engot lang na kinunan ng picture dun na sa bahay niyo. IMO, parang taga sa inyo lang yung nag-tip sa kanila.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    grabe na to. Thanks for the Heads up TS

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    ...or you wouldn't have told this story at all.

pero grabe ha. well planned yung modus na yan. pano nila nalaman na 2nd hand yung auto mo? tapos nakakuha pa sila ng pic. engot lang na kinunan ng picture dun na sa bahay niyo. IMO, parang taga sa inyo lang yung nag-tip sa kanila.
    Oo nga eh. Iniisip ko nga rin yun. Malamang pinag aaralan nila talaga yung mga bibiktimahin nila. Naging attractive pa siguro sa kanila the fact na female yung gumagamit (my wife) nung kotse. Inisip siguro nila madali takutin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Still, be on the lookout TS kahit na na-discourage mo sila. Grabe ang modus magagaling mag-isip palagay ko may nakapag-tip sa kanila na second hand nabili yung car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Warning! New modus operandi on 2nd hand vehicles.