New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There's (possibly) a new MO of car thieves. A friend of my wife recently fell victim to this. The MO went like this:

My wife's friend parked her vehicle at one of the big open parking lots at a major mall. After parking, a woman (selling car perfume) approached "friend" to sell her wares. Seeing that the woman was aptly dressed (as a sales person, I presume) she proceeded to engage the woman in a discussion as the perfume the woman was selling looked, well, fragrant. To really entice her from buying, the woman called out to a male colleague who also happens to be selling the same perfume. After a "convincing" sales talk she gave in to the woman's enticement to smell the perfume.

That's the last thing she remembered.

"Friend" was waken up a few minutes later by bystanders and security (thinking that she had fainted). After getting back to her wits, she saw that her car was gone. As usual, nobody saw who took the car and head of security didn't remember allowing anybody to sell perfumes on the car lot. When asked, the (roaming) security guard on duty at the car park thought that the culprits were either promo persons or car wash persons. This, the guard didn't think much about two people roaming about the carpark.

Story true? Most probably as my wife ain't a person to believe and to tell tall tales. She told me this story because I have a penchant for parking in open spaces.

Anyway, just wanted to give everybody here a heads-up.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you re-posting this from your email ??

It sounds pretty much like the old email "warning" about the same "M.O."

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Are you re-posting this from your email ??

It sounds pretty much like the old email "warning" about the same "M.O."
    No, typed it fresh-out but possibly an old MO (see question mark on thread title) as this is the first time I heard of it. If there's an existing thread about this MO, paki delete na lang ito GH.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Strange... but still... good reminder... don't talk to strangers inside isolated parking lots.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I think another good question is...

Why would you even give your attention to products/services that have aggressive sales personnel? By now, you should know that almost everything that is being hawked by these people are garbage since they still have to rely on aggressive sales tactics instead of having the product speak for itself.

Not to mention the truckloads of scammers using such procedures, too.

WARNING: New(?) MO of car thieves