New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    these thieves are pathetic, pati spare tire at side-mirror tinitira (parang tirador ng sunog na kaning-lamig!), wala man lang self-respect. hehe
    If you're a thief, then it's automatic that you don't have self-respect. These guys are the type who will kill for a buck.

Well, pay parking or not, such theft can happen. You don't pay parking for someone to watch over your car and assure its security. Pay parking, especially heavily metered ones like in Greenhills, is there simply for moneymaking, regardless of its road condition, lighting, etc. We pay them, period. Who gives a damn about our rides?

Metrowalk may be of free parking, but I have a feeling that such modus operandi can trigger customers to complain and the management can start charging. People who work in Ortigas may tend to use it to park their cars also.

But one thing's for sure, a car isn't 100% safe from theft or sabotage. Each time we park our vehicles, even in our own garage, there are always risks entailed.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Marantz View Post
    Hi All,

Just want to warn you guys on the syndicates going around metrowalk parking area. I frequent that place, i'm there maybe 3 times/week and nothing ever happens to the car I bring. ...but last friday I decided to bring a newer car with its spare tire padlocked and chained under. (you know what i mean?) ...well it was stolen, to think i parked on the corner wherein traffic was non stop cause metrowalk was full during that time. These guys are quick, I was parked in clear view to passing motorists. Hopefully metrowalk security is not playing blind on this matter!

In addition, i was with my officemates that night, this morning I told him about it, and his side mirror was also stolen that night. So there really is a group going around.... Just because its guarded we always have to be extra cautious.

Cheers
    Bro baka naman officemates nyo na inggit sa inyo yan? Haha sabay pa tinira mga auto nyo haha. Anyway better nga if wait na lang tayo na maging available ung mga parking sa tapat mismo ng mga establishments. Kitang kita talaga. Sa likod kayo nagpark no? Baka ung mga autoshop din kumukuha dun hehehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I usually hang around at Metrowalk twice a week and luckily wala pa nman ako na eencounter na ganyan...tsk.tsk.tsk

Hindi ba mag aalarm un habang binabaklas ung side mirror or ninanakaw ung spare tire o wala ba alarm ung mga otong nanakawan?

Pero pansin ko madami rumorondang mga sikyu dun ha o baka nman bantay salakay sila...the Metrowalk Management should do something about this!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz View Post
    did u report the incident sa security management? lagi din ako dyan but kadalasan naka bike ako and i park it dun mismo sa open grounds sa metrowalk. btw san corner ka nag park? front mismo ng metrowalk? side? mugen bar side? entrance/starbucks side or sa likod? im sure nde sa harap yan dami guards dun at dami makakakita kung nakawin yang sasakyan.

Parked on the meralco side, entrance only, right in front of the buy and sell area maybe 3rd row pababa after the building

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Warning! Metrowalk parking