New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by puroy View Post
    i agree sir, but i think part of getting an online purchase successful will still need info's like birthdate, last 3 digits at the back of the card and contact number. in my life, twice pa lang ako nag-purchase or order online. kasi takot pa rin me mag-transact on the internet.

come to think of it, may risk din ang electronic statement...what if na-hacked po yung email nyo and nakuha yung info nyo via emails (wag naman sana).
    Like I said, most fraud are committed by people close to you. For example, someone in the office knows your birth date. You go out for lunch with them and you pay the bill using your credit card. They pick it up, look at the expiration date and inspect the last 3 digits. They know your billing address (it's the office or the home).

The electronic statement I get from Citibank is password protected. 13 characters long. Too long but I guess there is a reason for it.

Ordering online is safe if you only order from reputable sites like Amazon, Crutchfield (for audio/video), BH Photo, Micromark, Yourhotcar, etc. Just make sure they have the Verisign logo, Visa Secure, etc. I've been ordering most of my stuff for years (including buying stuff from eBay, paid through Paypal) and never had a problem. Touch wood.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    tagal ko na rin pinutol citibank ko. nakakainis sa finance charge eh.. buti pa bdo, metro and bpi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    per day kase ang interest ng balance sa citibank. kaya one time namura ko yung isang sumagot sa'ken sa hotline, as she was encouraging me to make a minimum payment lang, not telling that i'd be charge daily until I settle my account. Buti na lang someone tip me, that it's that way. So, just when I was about to end our conversation, I asked to confirm if indeed my balance would charged by the day if i left it unsettled or just made a minimum payment, she said that yes i'd be charged daily. I f***ing said some nasty words to her, as she was encouraging us to make minimum payment yet she has no plans of telling the consequences about the act. I know they are just doing their job but they could have been more balance towards their concern about their customers and their company. Isa pang panget sa citibank is that nagpapa dala sila ng cards without the terms and conditions of the card and APRs, fees and stuffs yet they have this one sided CS when you asked for infos naman.
    Last edited by basti08; September 8th, 2008 at 04:16 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Warning on credit cards, everyone.  At least, on Citibank credit cards.