New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    AFAIK, there could be no law against license plates that are faded and/worn. If there was, a lot of vehicles (private or public) would be apprehended as I see quite a number of vehicles on the streets with faded and/or worn licenses plates. Thing is, if the license plate IS faded and/or worn and the vehicle owner decides to pait it with the standard white and green, he/she could be apprehended as I think there is a law against this.

As for tinted (slightly or otherwise) license plate covers, matagal ng bawal sa Makati yan. In fact, ilang taon ng pinagbabawal ng LTO yan - marami lang ayaw sumunod. Para lang mga blinkers yan at sirens - alam ng bawal, marami pa rin nagpapakabit.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Makati city is very good in creating new offenses for private motorist to offend. It almost seems to be an INCOME GENERATING venture of the city government.

I really can't wait for Binay to get replaced.

How can we consider following the rules and regulation when the entire city itself is NOT following the rules & regulation for Metro Manila?
    amen to that!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OT lang: bakit kaya karamihan nagrereklamo sa batas ng makati? for me kasi ok sya (not all though) dahil lahat ng mga driver/motorist pag pumapasok sa makati area tumitino (obiding makati's traffic rules and regulations)...sana lang kahit saang daan ganito tayo. (di ako nagmamalinis, minsan pasaway din ako sa traffic) :peace:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Makati city is very good in creating new offenses for private motorist to offend. It almost seems to be an INCOME GENERATING venture of the city government.

I really can't wait for Binay to get replaced.

How can we consider following the rules and regulation when the entire city itself is NOT following the rules & regulation for Metro Manila?
    with this case meron naman talagang violation eh, and it's not only in Makati that tinted plate covers are not allowed, it was LTO who came out with the memo so in essense bawal na sa buong metro manila, it's only in makati na na-enforce lang ng mahigpit..

so I don;t see anything wrong with that.

if you're pertaining to the odd-even scheme window time, it's not only Makati that is not following the scheme,at least in Makati odd-even ais in effect while Pasig for one scrapped the odd-even all together..

Mayors have sole authority when it comes to local management, traffic schemes included.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    AFAIK, there could be no law against license plates that are faded and/worn.
    I have a copy of the listed LTO traffic violations and their corresponding penalties, and I think meron ganitong violation, siguro hinde lang na enforce ng mabuti.

dito ko rin sa tsikot nakuha yun link for the LTO violations and penalties.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Visible License plates...what does visible mean?