New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Well, I've seen too many of these that I've become skeptical of them. No offense to the original sources of the story. If they claim it's true, so be it.

Personally, I don't find their e-mail offensive at all. It was an honest inquiry and a chance for the establishment to dispell the stated rumors. I can think of a hundred different ways for the resort to craft up a response that would be a win for both parties.
    Double hearsay kung baga. Narinig o nabasa lang. Sa husgado po, inadmissible.

I must say this thread did a fine demolition job on Virgin. How do you effectively rebut an alleged employee's rudeness? Di ba natin pwedeng mahanap itong si Mrs. Kesner nang matanong nating mismo kung ano nga ba ang nangyari?

You have to realize that the Virgin Resort is reputably one of the better capitalized, designed and situated beach resorts in Laiya. Its cabana accomodations are upscale; the beachfront and the resort premises are kept clean and tidy. Resort employees are responsive, courteous, hardworking and trained to please the guests. You could tell, by being there, that great thought and creativity have been poured into the resort to achieve its finer points.

I've dealt with Virgin's reservations people in the Makati office several times and never experienced the insensitivity and rudeness of this "Grace" that Mrs. Kesner complained of. Grace's alleged reply seems too contrived and deliberate . . . parang sinadya at gawa ng iba, nang makasira ng reputation at negosyo. It has in fact effectively done that . . . whether the assertion is believable or not.

I cannot imagine a resort operator of Virgin's caliber to be so foolish to permit an employee to reply in such insensitive and crass manner. Isinulat pa.

How many of you have been to Virgin to actually experience even an iota of the rudeness complained of here? I have only praises and pleasant memories of the resort.

My first visit to Laiya 2 years ago was to Laiya Coco Grove with the family. The tree house we stayed in was adequate but nothing else was. The beach was silted and rocky. The pool bottom was slimy. The food sucked big time. I left the following day, convinced that I was never to return. But the lack of a weekend family destination brought me back to Laiya to further explore. I heard about Kabayan so I dropped by. It took no more than 10 minutes of a superficial look-see to be turned-off by its haphazard, crowded and free-for-all layout. It was a dump, in my opinion, regardless of its gated entrance. It reminded me of Matabungkay Beach in the early 70s. I haven't been to La Luz despite its favorable reviews, but recall having spoken to the well-manned owner this summer for a booking which got cancelled. Soon, I am sure.

Kung totoo man ang reklamo ni Mrs. Kevin, tanggapin natin na minsan, may problema rin ang iba sa ating kababayan makitungo sa kapwa Pinoy. Nagkaron lang ng konting American accent at bitbit ng banyagang kabiyak, naging demanding at suplado na. Kung humasta, talo pa si Donya Buding o Anabelle Rama. Kapansin-pansin . . . at di hamak na kahiya-hiya.

Hindi po ito paratang. Nothing personal. Simply, I am a satisfied customer of Virgin who believes that the right thing to do is to pitt my pleasant experiences of that lovely resort against what I feel is unsubstantiated banter.

Enjoy the last weekend of summer.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^^^On the other hand, where there's smoke, there's often fire dude. I don't see what the threadstarter has to gain from badmouthing Virgin resort. And I'm still curious why the concerned beach resort hasn't posted an explanation. An establishment of Vrgin's size usually has people monitoring the bandwidths in case of bad publicity. I'd be really surprised if the management hadn't gotten wind of this particular thread. No reply, no response. They're probably hoping it'll blow away and people'll forget about it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Virgin Beach Resort, Laiya  - Customer Disservice