New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Anyone who agrees even slightly with the way this Grace handled the situation has obviously no experience whatsoever with the service and HRA industry. Granted, the customer's letter was somewhat tactless, any decently trained resort employee would have simply resonded point by point while avoiding any reaction that could be construed as offensive.

I have been to many resorts, both high-end and low-end, and have never experienced appalling behavior or communication even approaching that of this Grace employee. Plainly and simply, binastos niya yung customer, a customer who had already paid in part for their service and accomodations. If this reply from Virgin resort is authentic, then the writer should have been fired immediately, and profuse apologies offered to the offended customer.

I, for one, have no intention of ever patronizing Virgin resort (mahilig pa naman ako pumunta sa Laiya) or recommending it to anyone pending acceptable action from the management regarding this incident. Lousy management leads to lousy employees and lousy service. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions to quickly, but that's precisely why those in the service and hospitality industry must be so patient and courteous when dealing with customers; even a rumor of bad service is enough to drive business away.

PS- To the agrieved party, try La Luz, you'll have no problems whatsover with their service and hospitality.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerbz View Post
    Anyone who agrees even slightly with the way this Grace handled the situation has obviously no experience whatsoever with the service and HRA industry. Granted, the customer's letter was somewhat tactless, any decently trained resort employee would have simply resonded point by point while avoiding any reaction that could be construed as offensive.

I have been to many resorts, both high-end and low-end, and have never experienced appalling behavior or communication even approaching that of this Grace employee. Plainly and simply, binastos niya yung customer, a customer who had already paid in part for their service and accomodations. If this reply from Virgin resort is authentic, then the writer should have been fired immediately, and profuse apologies offered to the offended customer.

I, for one, have no intention of ever patronizing Virgin resort (mahilig pa naman ako pumunta sa Laiya) or recommending it to anyone pending acceptable action from the management regarding this incident. Lousy management leads to lousy employees and lousy service. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions to quickly, but that's precisely why those in the service and hospitality industry must be so patient and courteous when dealing with customers; even a rumor of bad service is enough to drive business away.

PS- To the agrieved party, try La Luz, you'll have no problems whatsover with their service and hospitality.
    agree on this. and I saw nothing wrong on her queries and on as to how she worded her letter. tama si yebo. balat-sibuyas naman yan for them to react in such a manner.

but nevertheless, she should get to the bottom of this first.

OT: ok nga dun sa La Luz! hindi na ako nakalangoy kasi puro kain sa buffet.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT: sulit sa laluz, the food is good , and bottomless! Pwedeng pwede i-date si labs dun!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^^^Hahaha! Nagiging good publicity for La Luz 'tong thread na 'to ah! I admit, biased ako kasi pamilya ng barkada ko ang mey ari kaya anlaki ng discount ko palagi dun. Pero even when I make reservations without namedropping, ang ganda lagi ng communication nila. At laging sulit ang stay namin dahil sa bait ng staff

Unsolicited advice to the owner of Virgin resort should he or she ever come upon this thread: it takes a lot to get customers to say good things about you and your product, but it takes very little for them to start complaining loudly and in public.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I have to disagree somewhat.

The brazenness of the resort's response indicates that this isn't the first time such a legitimate query was met with outright rudeness and lack of decorum. Pansinin niyo, ang lakas ng loob ni Grace na sagutin nang ganun ang customer. Heaven knows how many potential clients have already been turned away by this kind of attitude. True, only one employee (as far as we know) has demonstrated this lack of ethics, but if this same erring employee turns out to have repeated the same negative behavior toward other clients, then the entire company itself may well be held responsible for its own demise.

This is exactly what the resort management should have done -- instead of immediately reacting adversely to a legitimate customer inquiry, they should have gotten to the bottom of things first, and evaluated why such negative feedback exists that prompted one customer to express her concerns about their services.
    The problem is what if management is not informed about the wrongdoings of this Grace?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The problem is what if management is not informed about the wrongdoings of this Grace?
    Well, this is one way that management becomes aware of Grace's misbehavior, although it is unfortunate that they should have to read about it online. If this spreads out far enough, then the management of Virgin Beach Resort can no longer claim to have no knowledge of their employee's misbehavior, and as such act accordingly.

Assuming, of course, that Grace acted on her own accord, without her bosses prodding her to do so. Otherwise, all of them could be held liable. Either way, they need to re-evaluate the way they do things within their organization, if instances like this are to be avoided, and if they really want to match other resorts that are known for excellent customer relations.

Two words come to mind: command responsibility. Generally we frown upon a superior who feigns ignorance of a subordinate's wrongdoing. Since this principle is being applied on matters concerning people in uniform i.e. police and armed forces and the government itself, this might as well apply to civilian organizations, especially those that are in the service sector.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 1st, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree ok sa la luz, been there before the food is good, they served nice kapeng batangas, bonfire at night, its fun snorkling, the fishes that you see while snorling looks like the tiny fishes served at the buffet table nevertheless the overall is great=)

been to coco groove as well last may 1, the secretary is rude, di kinaya ng charm ko, siguro yung matabang secretary nila sinumpa ng sama ng loob, anyway we were able to talk to the owner of coco groove he is nice, instead of lending us a small room for a day stay, he gave us the tree house, with two room, not bad.

i heard the virgin beach is good but havent tried it yet, i dont want to see grace there if ever

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Maybe Grace is still a virgin with PMS or an old virgin with MPS! Oh, I'm just joking!

:toma: [SIZE="1"]2988[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka nga virgin si grace, old maid virgin

joke too po

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    depende rin siguro sa presence mo if you command respect. Siempre, kung di ka naman mukhang karespe-respeto, natural, they won't. hehehe.

And hindi sa damit or kotse nakukuha yun. Attitude, the way you carry yourself etc. Ika nga, money can't buy class.

The other week we went to a upclass resort in Anilao, daming foreigners. Pero you can say na kahit mga pinoy kami, they respect and served as well. Overtime pa nga kami ng 3hrs, pinagbigyan, isang sabi ko lang. Lahat ng mga extra requests ko (like free use of some facilities na dapat may bayad), pinagbigyan lahat. Naka Tee (na butas pa) lang ako non tsaka pambahay na shorts. Maayos lang siguro ako makipagusap. hehe

so, definitely, babalik ako don kahit mahal. hehe

tips naman dyan sir

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Virgin Beach Resort, Laiya  - Customer Disservice