New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Totoo ba ito? I know there's a link to a blog and all, but maybe we're being taken for a ride? I smell an urban legend in the making. Or a smear campaign.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    parang pareho lang sila mataas ang pride, customer and grace.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    parang pareho lang sila mataas ang pride, customer and grace.
    Hindi naman siguro.

The customer always has the right to raise concerns/anxieties regarding a particular product or service that s/he wants to avail of. In turn, the provider has the responsibility of allaying those fears and providing the necessary reassurance to the client regarding the quality and value of the product or service that they have to offer.

In this given instance, the inquiring client gave Virgin Resort the benefit of the doubt, despite the prior negative feedback she received about the place. The least that Grace could have done, being Virgin's representative, is to give the same courtesy, and presume the client's sincerity in addressing her concerns.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 30th, 2007 at 07:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dapat kasi sa La Luz na lang sya nagpunta.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My take:

The client wrote a poorly-worded, undiplomatic letter, although in the end he/she tried to be polite. The provider over-reacted. But I doubt if "Grace" wrote the letter on her own, bypassing the owner. Malamang may consent na din yung may-ari, kasi na-insulto siguro.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tingin ko SMB naman yun client, dami demands taking advantage of bad feedbacks tapos playing good cop sya

yun naman owner este si grace, mataas ang ere sa resort nya.

i am either a businessman and a customer, I'll avoid these types of people. deadma na lang, dami pa naman alternatives. no sense fighting over pride.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    not to mention, sobrang overpriced jan sa virgin resort.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yung mga resorts na laging fully booked minsan nawawala ang hospitality kasi alam nila ok lang na mag back-out ang isang guest kasi alam nila maraming gusto mag pa book sa kanila.

Pero to reply such a harsh email sa customer na naka pag down na (50%) is not a good call sa part nung Grace.... they are considered guest already when they paid the 50%. Ako minsan if Im not satisfied with the service nung resort I complain upfront sa manger pa and they will not react to insult me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Totoo ba ito? I know there's a link to a blog and all, but maybe we're being taken for a ride? I smell an urban legend in the making. Or a smear campaign.
    Here are some of the i.ph forum discussions and developments:

Hi Jen, hope you could update us if you had contacted the resort already and gotten their side of the story. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve posted this in the tsikot.com forum. Someone, however, from the forum doubted the story and smelt urban legend in the making.
    Posted by jay at May 30, 2007, 8:18 am
    ------------------

hmmm…pwede nga jay no? anyway, please update us agad nalang. i used to work for the Dept of Tourism… isusumbong ko sila sa accreditation pag totoo yan.
    Posted by the wanderlust at May 30, 2007, 9:26 am
    ------------------

urband legend? hahaha! i wouldn’t go that far to do this kind of story.
    please i got other better things to do and to worry about. but getting an email like this from a resort we wanted to check out and spend our 3 days is not what we expected. we were already so excited after the call they made about our questions. then during the weekend, we got this from them. how rude is that.

not only they ruined our vacation, first ever that is, since we are a new family, they also insulted us.
    Posted by isi at May 30, 2007, 4:41 pm
    ------------------

they didn’t apologize whatsoever. because they kept on telling me that they don’t know about this. the owner is away, that grace person is on-leave. i don’t even have time to react to every person at that tsikot forum. all we want is to talk to the owner, and this grace person. demand an apology. that’s it. it’s not even about the money. we were insulted, we were given a call and confirmed everything and you know, i wonder, how did they know about these questions, kung sinasabi nila na wala silang alam, they called me nga right after i emailed the questions and told me they were granting our requests.

tapos iinsultuhin kami nyang grace na yan thru an email sent during the weekend.

i just want people to know what these people did to us. they even assumed we’re foreigners. we are not. we are pure blooded filipinos, born and raised here. what more if they knew that? lalo siguro kaming tinira at ininsulto.
    Posted by isi at May 30, 2007, 4:54 pm
    -------------------

Hi guys! I apologize for replying only now. It’s the anniversary week at GSIS and I was busy with the festivities…plus no internet connection for us rank & file in the office… anyway, I was able to talk to someone named Jade from their Makati office and they do know Grace as one of the reservation officers. So definitely this is not a hoax. I asked if she and the rest of the staff knew about this inicident with Ms. Isi Kesner and said that they are aware of this. So I pleasantly asked what happened with it? She sounded hesitant to give her own opinion and instead read me a message that came from the manager/owner daw saying: “because of Ms. Kesner’s unpleasant email, we see that she will be very difficult to please so we refunded her money”. This is a loose quote as far as I could remember but that’s fairly accurate. She couldn’t tell me anything more except the name of their manager — Federico Campos, who is still out of the country. She can’t even give me the guy’s ****ing email or number. One thing is for sure though — their staff seemed untrained. Tsk, tsk, tsk. So what do we do now? If it was really the manager who said those things and Grace was just following orders, by all means, Isi, and those who have contacts at DOT, let’s complain about Virgin Beach Resort now. This is unforgivable!
    Posted by ***y Nomad at May 30, 2007, 11:55 pm

:toma: 2975

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    A very demanding client and a very lousy customer service. Of course this means WAR!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Virgin Beach Resort, Laiya  - Customer Disservice