New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 153 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    i used the dedicated lane, once.
    "never again."
    masyadong makitid for my taste, even if i was driving an innova only.

the authority figure might insist otherwise,
    but then,... why does it happen oh-so-regularly?
    Last edited by dr. d; August 15th, 2020 at 10:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "never again."

driver was too fast? distracted? I bet there is a dashcam, but it was taken before police arrived.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba meron CCTV buong Edsa. Pinagmamalaki nila yan nun start ng anti distracting law. Ilabas nila para makita kung ano talaga nangyari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    "never again."

actually malapad naman yung lane.. kumain pa nga ng space yung barrier sa adjacent lane eh.. kaya lang pag ganyan medyo annoying yung barrier and you need to keep a steady hand..

dapat pag nasa loob ng barrier nasa 40kph lang takbo mo.. kaso madami sa mga pinoy na galing galingan eh nag 100 kph sa loob ng barrier..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    actually malapad naman yung lane.. kumain pa nga ng space yung barrier sa adjacent lane eh.. kaya lang pag ganyan medyo annoying yung barrier and you need to keep a steady hand..

dapat pag nasa loob ng barrier nasa 40kph lang takbo mo.. kaso madami sa mga pinoy na galing galingan eh nag 100 kph sa loob ng barrier..
    in that case, they should install effective signage near the entrance,
    1. "for xxx or less meters wide vehicles only", and
    2. 40 kph maximum speed.

also, in my opinion,
    "our edsa lane divider lines make for lanes narrower than industry standard."

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Diba meron CCTV buong Edsa. Pinagmamalaki nila yan nun start ng anti distracting law. Ilabas nila para makita kung ano talaga nangyari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think the driver will get the footage hehehe. he knows he is at fault. I wonder if that footage is publicly available though.

The MMDA should prosecute him for reckless driving, government property damage and traffic delay lol

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

so good to see some common sense

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    in that case, they should install effective signage near the entrance,
    1. "for xxx or less meters wide vehicles only", and
    2. 40 kph maximum speed.

also, in my opinion,
    "our edsa lane divider lines make for lanes narrower than industry standard."
    Signage na 40kph? Di naman pinapansin ng pinoy yan.. basta maluwag hataw lang... parang stupid person na hindi nag iisip.. mahal ang picha pie

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    aren't ambulance drivers supposed to be "creme of the crop" "top of the line" kind-a drivers? i mean they're supposed to be "the best" drivers in the basket so to speak, but hey, look even to the best of the best these things happen. Isn't it about time that they should consider taking these barriers somewhere else? on the other side perhaps? I've driven along edsa since day one they put these barriers and I too get distracted not from anything else but from these barrier themselves! all people have different perspective when driving but when you suddenly see things (barriers at that) you will definitely feel nausated or just plain distracted that's why i always avoid that side of the road if i could
    Last edited by box_type; August 20th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    aren't ambulance drivers supposed to be "creme of the crop" "top of the line" kind-a drivers? i mean they're supposed to be "the best" drivers in the basket so to speak, but hey, look even to the best of the best these things happen. Isn't it about time that they should consider taking these barriers somewhere else? on the other side perhaps? I've driven along edsa since day one they put these barriers and I too get distracted not from anything else but from these barrier themselves! all people have different perspective when driving but when you suddenly see things (barriers at that) you will definetly feel nausated or just plain distracted that's why i always avoid that side of the road if i could
    the traffic authority insists it's not the barriers' fault.
    he blames the drivers.
    doesn't he understand, that if it happens with alarming regularity,
    ...he should be alarmed?

it's like the driver who has so many dents and dings in his car,
    and insists for every single dent, that it's always the other drivers' fault.

i mean,
    the barriers' presence, has made it dangerous to traverse that roadway...
    it challenges the drivers' skill and judgement!
    who in his right mind, would design a main roadway to be an obstacle course!
    Last edited by dr. d; August 20th, 2020 at 03:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    the traffic authority insists it's not the barriers' fault.
    he blames the drivers.
    doesn't he understand, that if it happens with alarming regularity,
    ...he should be alarmed?

it's like the driver who has so many dents and dings in his car,
    and insists for every single dent, that it's always the other drivers' fault.

i mean,
    the barriers' presence, has made it dangerous to traverse that roadway...
    just like with the "barrier" again barrier with the backride of a motorbike angkas, they keep insisting that its for everybody's safety and now what? you can do away with the barrier if "your guess is as good as mine" you are living together in the same house, wtf?!!!