New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 154 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I wonder who is at fault, the dark colored car or the light one?
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "idiots."
    ayaw mag-bigayan.

but i like the lighter car. sentra ba yan?
    My take on that is that the Nissan failed to slow down for whatever reason. Based on the extent of its frontal corner damage and the final position of the Honda (passenger side rear end on the curb), the Nissan came in from behind, at speed, and ended up wedged between the Honda and the toll booth.

The Honda had no frontal damage so it stands to reason that he was already ahead of the Nissan when the latter came in from behind.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    or, at the last split second, the nissan saw the honda, and reflexively veered to his left to avoid it.

but why is the honda on the wrong side of the tollbooth? did he reflexively veer off to his right, to avoid the oncoming nissan?

my guess is, they were both playing chicken, expecting the other to cluck.

if them number plates were visible, i would paste these on my monitor, and avoid them in the possible for-sale ads.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 4th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    or, at the last split second, the nissan saw the honda, and reflexively veered to his left to avoid it.

but why is the honda on the wrong side of the tollbooth? did he reflexively veer off to his right, to avoid the oncoming nissan?

if them number plates were visible, i would paste these on my monitor, and avoid them in the possible for-sale ads.
    The Nissan simply pushed the Honda to the side. It gives you an idea how fast the Nissan was moving... enough so to push the rear of the Honda up the curb. You can see that the rear-driver side tail light of the Honda is destroyed as well. The Nissan came from behind.

I don't buy the idea that the Nissan got surprised of the Honda. The extent of the damage definitely suggests that he was driving too fast..... not the kind of speed when you're just a few meters from the toll booth. In fact, he was so fast that it took a Honda and a toll booth to stop him in his tracks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    perhaps the tollbooth video was working at that time, and got a ringside footage of the event.

wala bang banggit sa ibang onlines?
    baka may explanation from wet-nesses...
    Last edited by dr. d; October 4th, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    iirc di sa pinas yan nangyari
    nabasa ko lang din online. not sure
    Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Lumang photo na yan. Nakita ko na dito yan sometime before eh. Di dito nangyari yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    pano nangyari na mabilis yun sentra, eh ang haba ng traffic sa likod

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    pano nangyari na mabilis yun sentra, eh ang haba ng traffic sa likod
    Tingin ko, parang behavior din dito sa atin.... nag-traffic nalang dahil sa mga uzi.

And syempre the fact na nabawasan ng toll lane.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    "nakakalalaki ka kasi!"

If I may ask, how do you translate that in English? You see, I don't want to see red lines on my screen.
    Vehicular Accidents
    Don't you dare touch my birdie

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    perhaps the tollbooth video was working at that time, and got a ringside footage of the event.

wala bang banggit sa ibang onlines?
    baka may explanation from wet-nesses...
    It was posted here years ago, iirc. I'm trying to recall, seems like it happened in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk