New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 153 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Its amazing the fortuner driver were able to drive 90 kph in that stretch of Kennon.
    Almost expressway speed limit. Maybe if he drove a bit faster (or slower) the rock will miss him.
    My thoughts exactly. I've driven several times dyan sa Kennon, at never pa yata ako nakaabot ng 80kph even going downhill.

Kung di siguro sya ganun kabilis, malayo pa siya sa lugar nung bumagsak yung malaking bato.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Same here.

Yun tipong wala naman yan

hindi naman mangyayari sakin yan na mindset.

Damn aside sa mga suicidal UV drivers dagdag ito sa katatakutan ko hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ako simula nang mapanuod ko ito. Hindi nako dumadaan ng Kennon.

Note: makikita sa umpisa yung pagbigay ng malaking bato sa tuktok ng bundok.

https://youtu.be/TfvmbDOeo70

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I've driven several times dyan sa Kennon, at never pa yata ako nakaabot ng 80kph even going downhill.

Kung di siguro sya ganun kabilis, malayo pa siya sa lugar nung bumagsak yung malaking bato.

its his fate, no matter what speed he was on that day that rock was for him and his family or rather for his Fort?...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012

Walang kinalaman ang speed. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time sya

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Bro, a stone chipped my trunk when I was going at 40 kph on Kennon. On the other hand, I have not had any stones/rocks falling when I go at triple digit speeds. Does that mean I should always drive fast on Kennon? Vehicular Accidents

Rocks will fall at any time and they don't care what speed you're going.

The chances of a rock or boulder falling on you is not correlated with your speed.

The guy could have been driving slow but left 5 min later and he would still be at that place at that exact time.

There's no way to avoid rockslides in Kennon aside from not passing through Kennon. I love driving on Kennon but take Marcos in inclement weather.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My friend's Jag XE got its windshield busted when a wayward rock hit it near Calamba exit. The Jag was just a month old when it happened. Insurance covered it.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009

on 2nd thought, the lesser time you spend on kennon, the less chances you have getting hit by a falling rock.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Was driving on kenon downhill few months ago and a typical siento bente car keep on trailing dangerously close behind me. Prolly doing more than 50kph. I let the car pass because he is pretty aggressive even counterflowing on curves. A few km's in after the car passes, i saw him in an accident with another car. (Nothing major) Was lauging really hard but i felt sorry for owner of the car that he bumped in. Rule of thumb, know your cars limit.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Building that road was dangerous and arduous task then, precisely due to falling rocks or boulders

So when driving on a road with warnings like watch out for falling rocks, turn off your radio and be watchful of the side of the road where rocks could possibly roll

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; June 23rd, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'd just stay away from Kennon completely. Damn boulder reminds me of those Final Destination movies.