New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just to share an experience of mine:

i was in a road somewhere in batangas and there was a slight drizzle and there was dirt and mud on the road surface. I was driving a lancer and was running 50-60kph when suddenly i felt like the car was floating. so what i did was just step off the gas and keep the steering wheel straight until i felt traction again. the whole event took 10-15 secs.

nakakatakot lang yung 15 secs na yun kase baka biglang may tumawid or something.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er View Post
    again, Quintal was going at 80 kph. He wasn't speeding.
    Driving at 80kmh after a rainshower, knowing that the roads are wet and slippery is never a smart thing to do.

Re: this Deakin guy and blaming the PNCC, I remember an article he wrote wherein his brother accidentally ran over a puddle, splashing another motorist driving a Kia who had his windows open. Naturally, the guy was pissed and ran after Deakin's brother, who didn't even stop and apologize. The brother rationalized that he didn't stop as the other driver was raging like hell, and said he would have done the right thing if that wasn't the case. (Yeah, right!) Ang ending, hindi naabutan ng Kia yung kapatid, at obviously nagsumbong kay Kuya. Eto namang si Deakin, sinisi pa yung driver and even blamed his "genetically-deficient asset" for the Kia guy's seething behavior. Talk about abuse of power! Eh kahit sino naman, basta natalsikan ng putik sa mukha eh magagalit! Tapos tatakbuhan ka pa. Reading his column above makes me think twice about his motives. Obvious talaga na may bias.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ive read the article. natatawa lang ako at naging kasalanan pa ng PNCC. i wont be surprise baka sa susunod kasalanan na nung NAMATAY...kase naman bakit sila nagco-commute sa ilalim ng skyway...eh kahit anong oras pwedeng may magskid na Toyota Fortuner na hindi naman mabilis ang takbo, na pure accident lang, na naghydroplane at nakabangga ng Isuzu Trooper kaya tuloy sya nabagsakan!!! tsk...tsk...

peace :peace:

To determine the ideal speed, the formula is nine times the square root of the tire’s PSI in miles per hour. Say your tires are inflated to 32PSI. The square root would be 5.66. Multiply that by nine.
    dito ako natuwa at nalaman ko eto.
    To determine the ideal speed, the formula is nine times the square root of the tire’s PSI in miles per hour. Say your tires are inflated to 32PSI. The square root would be 5.66. Multiply that by nine. You would aquaplane at 50.4mph. Or 80.64 km/h
    ayun naman pala eh. pero hindi ba makaka affect yung tire design like say for example ang Goodyear Fortera at Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 kung parehong 32psi ang inflation magha-hydroplane at about 80kph???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is the very first time james deakin disappointed me in his column, his points are very clear, but it was bias, aquaplaning can even happen with a combination of a slight drizzle and dust from the road, to me, mr. quintal is not speeding, but he was fast for the road and weather condition. james deakin should've stuck to his usual writing work and avoided touching this issue. im very disappointed.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    so a 4WD, will just automatically spin around if it aquaplanes? even without braking or turning the steering wheel?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the formula posted is just an ideal one. it still depends on a lot of other factors, so for me, the end result ng equation is the maximum you could go, pushing the envelope kumbaga, before aquaplaning.

in the real world, sh1t happens for less than you'd think.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmm... come to think of it, Skyway users should stay on the Skyway, at all costs.
    LOL!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    c'mon, how many of you here knew about the formula before this week?

how many of you hever have NEVER driven at 80kph on a wet road?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    for SUVs use Mickey Thompsons

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hirap naman niyan, doing math while driving. baka sa sobrang concentration sa pag-compute, lalo akong maaksidente :rofl01:

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured