New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    oh well.....

they should. but still sounds no accident to me.

just my 2 cents lang naman ;) heheh

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The Fortuner rides on Bridgestone Dueller H/T 840.
    Dueller H/T nga ba? Gads, that was such a long time ago. Thanks for the heads up. I've driven so many cars in the past year that it's hard to keep details straight without a notebook, and my notes are in my laptop at the office. Thanks for the correction.

RE: grip of the tires, *boss M2: traction rating won't stop them from hydroplaning. In fact, the 265 width of the tires would make them even more prone to hydroplaning than the 235 width tires on other midsize SUVs

And *basti: read through, pare, as mazdamazda said, konti lang yung hard facts. Reports of racing, cutting and incredible speeds were from initial reports and the kuro-kuro of the first respondents on the scene.

Besides, the visible damage on the Fortuner doesn't even come close to suggesting that it went out of control at extra-high speeds. I'dve expected it to roll over if he'd 360'd it at 120+ km/h in the rain.

Which gives me an idea... anyone have more pics of the Fortuner?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    oh silly me, of course it is an accident. surely its not intentional. pero still its a result of the driver's carelessness that caused the death of an innocent commuter. they should really take responsibility.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    can an 80kph speed push a trooper over a bridge?

sino ba magaling sa physics dito, ano ba weight ng trooper ngaun hehehe

i'm quite suspicious na over 80kph yan fortuner.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    my former TL told me earlier while we were on the way to work that brother in law pala niya yung EIC ng C! (her sister was EIC's wife) and according to the EIC, total freak accident daw nangyari, but pananagutan nila yung nangyari.

oh well.

TL- True Love?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    there's no way for me to believe na nag-hydroplane din sya at slow or normal driving speeds... panigurado matulin sya. but if he would insist, di dapat pala magresign na sya sa C! Mag at hindi worthy maging test driver... nawawalan sya ng control sa normal driving speeds lang!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    his money and connections may buy him time in this particular case. siguro wait na lang tayo mahimasmasan yun trooper driver, and tell his side of the story.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    his money and connections may buy him time in this particular case. siguro wait na lang tayo mahimasmasan yun trooper driver, and tell his side of the story.
    Kung hinde konsyensahin yung Fortuner driver, o walang media magtutok sa kaso na 'to, we'll never know what really happened... With Mr. Quintal connections to media, lalong malabo ito.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    scientific approach?

let's try:

Actually, it's logical to assume that he is going VERY fast.

Law of Motion lang yan eh.

How can something move a vehicle as big as the Trooper, break the steel reinforced railings and push it over?

It would need Mass and Speed.

How heavy is the Trooper and the Fort?

Since apparently the Fort spun 360, it needed a LOT of speed to go into that state to be able to move the massive Trooper out of the bridge because it would be momentum acting on that impact. More speed needed than an actual head-on crash because in a spin, there's no more pushing force from the engine through the wheels, it's entirely the weight of the car and the speed that WAS applied to it before it spun.

Ergo, i don't believe it's only 80. 160+ is more like it. Speed of 80 will easily be extinguished in a crash of similar vehicles. You need a LOT of force, only available through mass+speed (momentum).

Good illustration would be a car hitting a dump truck at same speed, say 100kph. The truck, after being hit by a car, in most cases, wouldn't even move. BUT if the truck crashes to the car, it would often, fly several meters away.

In order for the Fort to move the Trooper, it needed a lot of force, derived through its mass and speed.

If we would devote time, we can actually calculate the speed of the Fort if we know the variables:

Trooper's weight and speed
    Fort's weight and speed (X)
    Strenght of the railings (i suppose it's a prestressed prefab concrete).

or we can calculate the force needed to slug a Trooper.

But that's a waste of time, given the premises above, it's safe to assume he is indeed going way too fast. hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ot:

sa physics 1 dati, midterm exam namin noong 1983* -- momentum, given ay muzzle velocity ng magnum 357, fired at an angle, given ang distance from the target. the target was a monkey on a tree.

*baka may magtanong pa kung ano ang hit noong 1983 he he he, magnum 357 ang clue

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured