New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Actually, I was thinking of getting the Fortuner's Forteras (despite my sentiments on grip), because they are better, at least, than the stock XUV tires... but after this... uhhhh... we're probably just getting a better vehicle... and it probably won't be a Fort. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

RE: Tires of the Fortuner. If it were Forteras then AFAIK it would have an "A" rating for traction. These are street-biased tires against its rival the Dueler (which have a traction rating of "B" only). That is if it was rolling on stock tires since every other Fortuner that I've seen is sporting bling-blings on high performance tires.

The Fortuner rides on Bridgestone Dueller H/T 840.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whoah i just read everything. ngayon ko lang nalaman ito kasi ilang linggo rin akong nawala sa mga balita puro trabaho at internet lang ginagawa ko. minsan talaga wag tayong masyadong bilib sa mga sasakyan natin at wag tayo masyadong bilib sa mga sarili natin na ang tingin natin magaling na tayo mag-drive. i'm not judging! this is just a reminder that even if you feel perfect and even if you feel you have the perfect machine to drive, there is still that chance that something bad might happen. please be alert and careful always!

RIP sa namatay. condolence sa mga namatayan.

yung may nagsabi na siguro kung truck driver or jeepney yung may sala kulong agad. tama ka pre. nagkataon na yung may sala ngayon ay mayaman at may abugado kaya di talaga na-detain or makukulong yun.

OT: yung fortuner na bumunggo ng expedition sa cavite ganyan din black ang kulay pero di ko alam kung d4d variant. matagal na yun pero nakakapangilabot pag naaalala ko.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    question re: hydroplaning

kelan mas malamang mangyare eto ? pag kaunting ambon lang or pag basang basa ang kalsada ?

question on skyway

permanente na ba yung southernmost exit ? wala na bang balak ituloy yan papuntang alabang ?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post

kelan mas malamang mangyare eto ? pag kaunting ambon lang or pag basang basa ang kalsada ?
    Hindi po ito based on the amount of rainfall sir bayonic. Judgments re driving style and speed depends on visibility.

Basically, you should be going only as fast as you can CLEARLY see at least 3 car lengths ahead (around 15 meters). This gives you enough time for preventive maneuvers. Even ambon can produce a life-threatening puddle.

Also make sure that during wet conditions, do not engage in conversation, billboard ogling, texting, singing to the radio, receiving a blowj**, or any other distraction. Otherwise, relax, enjoy whatever you're doing and slow down.

Be alert always for puddle depth, as well as water accumulation on the grooved parts of the roadway.

(Re grooves: Notice how, over time on asphalted roads, grooves appear where tires usually pass through - this includes the Skyway)
    Last edited by Flagg; October 12th, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post

question on skyway

permanente na ba yung southernmost exit ? wala na bang balak ituloy yan papuntang alabang ?
    i found your question incoherent.. nonetheless.. mangyayari sa yo ang hydroplaning kapag nag absorb ng tubig ang tire at a rate faster than it can dispose it.. what happened is the tyre loose its traction..

so kahit na bumagbagyo or di na umuulan, regardless, basta matubig pa rin ang kalsada you might experience this kung di ka mag iingat..

kahit bago pa ang yung gulong, kahit Class A ang traction nya.. still, ingat pag dating sa matubig na kalsada... rather safe than sorry...

jaz me!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sorry for the incoherent question sir ...

its just something i've read or heard somewhere that i would like some clarification:

it is claimed that there is more danger of skidding ( i assume this is the same as hydroplaning ) when there is just a slight drizzle i.e. the road is only slightly wet ... compared to when there has been a real downpour.

is the depth of water on the road also a deciding factor ?

my concern if the above statement is true is that most of us would slow down when there is a real downpour and visibility is reduced but not when there is only a slight drizzle and it is not so obvious that the road is wet ?

am i still incoherent ?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    You are right sir bayonic.

Visibility is the main consideration so that you can see the amount of water on the road.

It doesn't matter whether there is a drizzle or a downpour.

What matters is the amount of water on the road... and if you can see it.

Oh yes, hopefully, the driver also knows one's car's limits.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bayonic:

actually the problem posed by drizzle early on a downpour is the film of mud on the road.

dust+drizzle=mud

mud=slippery

In that line of logic, a heavy downpour is better because it washes the road and your tires, giving you more grip under normal speed.

BUT, if your tyres overlflow with water, hydroplaning occurs and you slide above the water, losing control. Losing control can lead to crashes, bodily harm and possibly death.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    bttt:

Danlag (driver of the Trooper) and the Fortuner (Quintal) driver were reportedly cutting each other's path at the Skyway shortly before the incident occurred, highway authorities told dzBB.
    Hydroplaning is the result of your tires moving FAST across a wet surface - so, fast that they do not have sufficient time to channel that moisture away from ...
    i was disappointed dun sa driver ng Fortuner. knowing that he's a test driver sa isang local magazine...telling things about how a car performs, how to explore a car's limits, how to drive safely yada-yada but he seems cant practice what he preach. nakakainis lang may nadamay pa sa kagaguhan nila sa daan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    my former TL told me earlier while we were on the way to work that brother in law pala niya yung EIC ng C! (her sister was EIC's wife) and according to the EIC, total freak accident daw nangyari, but pananagutan nila yung nangyari.

oh well.

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured