New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006

Siya yung pinakita kaninang umaga napanood ko to sa Unang Hirit. Sinabi pa nga nyang hindi nya tatakbuhan financial obligation sa mga biktima.
    Last edited by Syuryuken; October 11th, 2006 at 07:20 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sinabi sa akin yan ng kapitbahay ko.Hindi ko napanood sa news yang accident na yan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    Here's a link to the C! Magazine Philippines Website... There's a pic of the Publisher, Kenneth Quintal. Is he the same guy you saw on TV, o baka kapangalan lang?

http://www.c-magazine.com/behind.asp

Yes , he's the one. He's with a companion during the incident. Baka taga-C! rin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think sasagutin naman ni Quintal yung damages(may pera naman siya kaya kaya nya yan) ayon sa balita yesterday.Mamaya paguusapan to sa radio program ni Deakin tong accident na to.Grabe buti nabuhay yung driver nang Trooper.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post

Siya yung pinakita kaninang umaga napanood ko to sa Saksi. Sinabi pa nga nyang hindi nya tatakbuhan financial obligation sa mga biktima.
    Dapat may criminal liability din itong taong ito. Although unintentional , his action killed someone. Swerte nya nabuhay yung driver ng Trooper na binangga nya. Kung hindi, multiple murder kaso nito.

Dapat dito makulong. Advocate pala ito ng fast and furious driving eh. Nakakatakot kasabay ito sa kalsada. Dapat dito sa race rack na lang magmaneho.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys, let's not be quick to judge...

We found out from experts here that we don't have to speed that much in order to hydroplane. Maaring below the speed limit sila when the accident happend. It may be that the road and weather conditions just conspired against the drivers involved.

Ingat na lang talaga tayo mga partners, especially when driving during inclement weather.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    Guys, let's not be quick to judge...

We found out from experts here that we don't have to speed that much in order to hydroplane. Maaring below the speed limit sila when the accident happend. It may be that the road and weather conditions just conspired against the drivers involved.

Ingat na lang talaga tayo mga partners, especially when driving during inclement weather.
    I agree with this one.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    being an automotive enthusiast, he should have known his and his vehicles' limitations more than others while driving in wet conditions

i would also assume a newer vehicle still has an ample amount of tread to resist hydroplaning to a certain extent

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Now, all he could offer is his money. Unfortunately, that can't bring back the life of the victim killed in his stunt.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... 4x4 or 4x2 yung Fortuner?

On the drive of the 4x4 Fortuner, when I rode in the back and the company driver was driving, I noticed a tendency for it to start oversteering, even at low speeds, but the 4x4 system would catch it. The stiff ride actually lulls you into thinking that there's still enough grip, when in fact, the rear tires are starting to give way. It's something you learn about the Fortuner driving on an isolated road, that though the Fortuner feels like it can carry a good clip of speed, the tires can't, giving way to understeer and oversteer, depending on the conditions.

And local SUV/AUV truck tires are notoriously bad at resisting Hydroplaning... even with over 90% tread depth left, my Crosswind's tires are scary in the wet, and that same company driver almost killed my Mom driving through the rain (they slid a dozen feet or so after a patch of water), and this was at just 70-80 km/h.

Oh, notice it was a 4x4... that tears it... what have I been saying about 4x4 and the rain? False confidence... no matter whether the car is 4x4, FWD or RWD, once you lose grip, you lose it, period.

RE: Guard-rails... they really aren't enough. The base of the guardrails are curb-type, which will either cause the suspension to buckle and the vehicle to roll over the rail, or the tires to hop onto the curb and through the rail. The Skyway should have the US-style retaining walls, with a properly angled lower portion, which reflects the vehicle back towards the road. With the proper angle on the curbing, the energy of the impact is pushed upwards and back towards the roadway.

What do they have instead? (on our multi-billion peso showcase road?) They have the old concrete and steel rail that doesn't do jacksh*t.

Lesson for us all, no matter how good you think your vehicle is, slow down in the rain. I guess without an in-depth investigation, we'll never know if they were speeding or not, but you don't have to be going any faster than 80 km/h to hydroplane... but it's stupid to be going that fast anyway in a tall vehicle with less than optimum tires in inclement weather.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured