New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    As I recall, meron thread na dito about hydroplaning... meron pa nga gumawa ng test using a trooper na nag-hydroplane doing 40 kph im not sure though

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Question: meron bang Electronic Stability Control yung fortuner? medyo hi-tech na rin kasi yan diba or di siguro naka-ON?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er View Post
    if i remember correctly, si Kenneth Quintal yung editor sa C! na nagsulat na he would rather drive fast and go beyond the speed limit than waste an extra 11 mins. per trip due to driving within the speed limit. This saves him 10 hours per month ata? I can't rememeber. I may be wrong though...
    wow. hassle yan. confirmed na ba na sya yung drive ng fortuner?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    1 dead as van falls from Skyway
    By Rhodina Villanueva
    The Philippine Star 10/11/2006

One person killed while four others were hurt after a van fell off the Skyway and landed on a jeepney along the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) in Pasay City yesterday.

Abner Ditaunan, one of the passengers of the jeepney (DNT-589) being driven by Marcelino Tolentino II, was declared dead on arrival at the Villamor Air Base Hospital.

Ditaunan suffered serious head injuries. Tolentino, Froilan Garcia and Imelda Garcia sustained minor injuries.

Florencio Celada Jr., supervisor of the PNCC Skyway Corp. motorcycle unit, said the jeepney which came from Quezon province. It was on its way to deliver vegetables and fruits when it was hit by an Isuzu Trooper (XDS-431) on the SLEX at 1:50 p.m.

The Trooper had crashed into the railing before falling some 14 meters from the Skyway and hitting the jeepney below.

Randy Danlag, 27, driver of the Isuzu Trooper, suffered a contusion and was rushed to the Villamor Air Base Hospital.

He was later transferred to the Pasay City General Hospital, where he regained consciousness.

Danlag said his vehicle fell from the elevated tollway after being edged off by a Toyota Fortuner near the Nichols interchange.

The Trooper and [SIZE="4"]Fortuner (ZBH-895), driven by 46-year-old Kenneth Robert Quintal[/SIZE], were on the southbound lane.

Orly Lanuza of the PNCC Skyway Monitoring Center said it was fortunate that when the accident happened, a Muntinlupa City ambulance was in the area.
    The driver of the Fortuner is a certain "Kenneth Robert Quintal" . The only person I know with the exact same name as that is Kenneth H. Quintal, the publisher of C! Magazine. He once compared the Fortuner to a "Victorinox" (in other words, he was impressed with the vehicle and declared that the "wait" was worth it) in one of his monthly column in C! Magazine. I wonder if they are the same person.

edit: someone else brought up the subject already. Didnt read the previous posts before posting.
    Last edited by number001; October 11th, 2006 at 06:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er View Post
    if i remember correctly, si Kenneth Quintal yung editor sa C! na nagsulat na [SIZE="5"]he would rather drive fast and go beyond the speed limit than waste an extra 11 mins.[/SIZE] per trip due to driving within the speed limit. This saves him 10 hours per month ata? I can't rememeber. I may be wrong though...
    That person would be Hernan Mapua, C!'s techinical editor.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Here's a link to the C! Magazine Philippines Website... There's a pic of the Publisher, Kenneth Quintal. Is he the same guy you saw on TV, o baka kapangalan lang?

http://www.c-magazine.com/behind.asp

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala bang forums ang C! para maitanong na lang sa kanila directly? :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sir Vicoyski, may takip yung mukha nung fort driver (video edited) sa Ch.2 eh which is quite unfair, yung family driver nung Trooper pinakita nila.

pero sa Ch.7 pinakita daw mukha nung Quintal. mas balanced talaga news sa Ch.7 IMO.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang bilugan yung ulo ng Fortuner driver na pinakita sa 7. Kaso ang labo nung internet version. Hindi ko din marecognize.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Sir Vicoyski, may takip yung mukha nung fort driver (video edited) sa Ch.2 eh which is quite unfair, yung family driver nung Trooper pinakita nila.

pero sa Ch.7 pinakita daw mukha nung Quintal. mas balanced talaga news sa Ch.7 IMO.
    Ako, I'd prefer na may takip ang mukha ko, if this happened to me. It is not something to be proud of talaga.
    Last edited by vicoyski; October 11th, 2006 at 06:28 PM.

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured