New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've hydroplaned unintentionally a couple of times already.

First time was:

I was running fast (because i was so hungry but i want to eat at home that night because mom cooked my favorite dish) but not sure how fast because speedo cable broke so no functioning speedo. My estimate is around 110-120kph.

I ran through a shallow body of water which i didn't think was quite deep. Rain was over and it was just drizzling then.

Suddenly, everything went slowmo, as i was running through the water, i felt that the steering is not working when i turn it to follow the curve of the road, it's as if the tyres aren't touching the road. I thought that i should run straight because i might spin. I've seen this in the movies i said to myself.

Seeing that the road is clear and the approaching asphalt is dry, i stepped on the gas because my thinking is that the longer i stay in hydroplane, the higher the risk of me being hit by other motorists or vice versa. A few moments later, i felt traction. I surely thanked God at that moment. It was 3am * C5, i'm on my way home from AAVA after delivering electronic goods (laptops and digicams) my VIP clients from ADB ordered.

It was a bit scary. Since then, I avoid being in that situation as much as possible by driving not so fast in the rain.

It was exciting though.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Fortuner was a 3.0 D4d variant. The Trooper was a 4x2 variant.

Sure na 4wd yong Fortuner. Kung 4H mode ba sya pwede bang ma prevent itong nangyari? Kung minsan kasi at umulan nasubukan 4H mode iba ang kapit or pakiramdam ko lang yon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4WD only helps you get going on slick surfaces. It does not help the vehicle stop. It is also not intelligent enough to keep the vehicle pointed in the right direction.

And it is not designed to defy the laws of physics.

Btw, fulltime 4wd ang Fortuner so siguradong nasa fourwheel drive mode siya when the crash occured.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Aah i see, the only way to prevent this is to slowdown when the pave is wet.
    I tot that if your are on 4H mode it can somehow improves the handling of a vehicle. Minsan kasi hindi maiwasan magmadali specially when your schedule is very hectic. Tendency is speeding. Its a good thing that here in Bulacan McArthur H-way area you cant go on a high speed he he he buti nalang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It can prevent oversteer (common to RWD) and understeer (common to FWD) to a certain extent. But it will not make miracles happen.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Was there any other evidence that these two vehicles was "racing" against each other in the first place? The only circumstancial evidence is that they collided against each there. If that is the only reason why calling it "racing", then the jeepney was also racing as well.
    Sus Ginoo! Could you please refer to my original post! I was ASKING if they were racing... I didn't say they were INDEED racing...

Peace tayo... I'm not VBS and I don't even work for TGP. Cool ka lang.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    holy kamote indeed. parang atlas doing a DFA maneuver on a poor jenner.
    Death from above... Kawawa Jenner (Jeep)... Pero kaibang Atlas (Trooper) ito... Didn't even use his jump jets...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Dapat kasi ganito kagaling yung driver nung fort:

hehehe
    Last edited by OTEP; October 11th, 2006 at 12:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Di kaya nagtext or may kausap sa celphone yun driver ng fortuner kaya nabangga niya yun isuzu trooper....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    OT napansin ko lang