New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    OT napansin ko lang

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 42 (28 members and 14 guests)
    tsupermario, Mguy, rab, HyBrideVo, pajerokid, Beefcake, mazdamazda, makoantz, ghosthunter, CaRGirL, HIFI, Mile2, rlp1099, drayver, vicoyski, Innova_Boy, Syuryuken, afrasay, herbularyo, JagXtrm, phat_azz, vilaern, nugundam93, ZeroToSixty, vinj, stelvio, Bravoexo

dame
    Hehehe... It's like we're rubbernecking while driving by an accident scene.

But, I think it's the tips to prevent hydroplaning that is catching the interest of the readers...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even half an inch of water can cause you to hydroplane. One can never know when you'll hydroplane as a pool of water could accumulate after a downpour. Just like in a skid, I would suggest that, when you feel in the seat of your pants that you are in one, you take your foot off the gas and brake pedals and just steer in the direction of the skid and to where you want to go. Use your gas or brakes once you have regain control of your vehicle. Happened to me a couple of times during provincial trips. Di mo rin maiiwasan mag hydroplane. In a sudden downpour at night ma surprise ka nalang that your a$$ wants to break away from you. Basta pag feel ninyo na ganun, DON'T PANIC. And slow down when it rains. Stay safe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    im from pasay, it didnt rained that hard during the time of the accident. so that means inorder to have poor visibility the fortuner driver should be driving too fast.

iba pa rin talaga ang trooper di lang pang rough road, pang rampahan pa!

sadly ang mga passenger jeeps walang safety pag dating sa katawan. dapat maregulate din ang pag gawa sa mga passenger jeeps ng body protection din kahit paano.

but like what most people said in this thread...kung oras mo na, oras mo na. akalain mo death came from above. di lang pala ulan ang nahuhulog sa langit pati suv rin. kaya from now on i will not look left to right but also up and down.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On a lighter note, baka mag pickup ang sales ng Trooper with skyroof.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Slippery when wet... period..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ako naman, in my opinion the guardrails are not sufficient enough for vehicles that pass the flyovers/highways. I mean consider that they're low; the guardrails mismo are not built to act as a continuous rail but will buckle when hit and will break. Here in the US the center medians are as tall as cars (1.5 meters tall). Considering it's a high speed flyover (I think max sa skyway is 80?) the guardrails should be taller. That way kahit mangyari ito, the Trooper would still bounce back onto the highway and keep those below safe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    What do you call 2 vehicles SPEEDING against each other? Hindi ba RACING?
    :peace:
    Was there any other evidence that these two vehicles was "racing" against each other in the first place? The only circumstancial evidence is that they collided against each there. If that is the only reason why calling it "racing", then the jeepney was also racing as well.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... let's just wait and see for the Fortuner's driver to clear this up. If he is indeed the EIC of C! Magazine then I expect them to have an article about this.

Stay tuned also to K-Lite's Counterflow later this evening, James Deakin might have an update or two regarding this.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
    akalain mo death came from above.

holy kamote indeed. parang atlas doing a DFA maneuver on a poor jenner.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    Hehehe... It's like we're rubbernecking while driving by an accident scene.

But, I think it's the tips to prevent hydroplaning that is catching the interest of the readers...
    i think ang inaabangan ay yung confirmation ng driver ng fortuner... hehehe

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured