New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^I am seriously thinking of getting a dash cam too. I don't avail of valet services. I got that habit from my Dad. He is very OC with his cars, we can't even just drive his car, let alone strangers

Sa mga nag aral sa Taft, sanay na sa "Valet"

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    EDSA SHANGRI-LA PLAZA (Mandaluyong)

Heads up to share what I personally witnessed approx 2 weeks ago.

While rounding the corner to enter the carpark building (yung katapat ng EDSA) that weekend there was this Chevrolet SUV being driven aggressively by what we assumed to be one of "those kind of drivers".

It was the car ahead of us, and the moment the barrier lifted when he got the ticket from the machine, todo hataw at pinwersa talaga yung diesel engine kaya feeling ninja na nagiwan ito ng itim na smokescreen habang karipas paakyat dun sa circular ramp paakyat. My window was open to get our ticket, and we could really hear his tires squealing throughout the building. I just shrugged my shoulders and told kummander "Ah, some guy just testing his machine I guess"

Akalain mo ba naman, pag akyat namin, madatnan namin nagmamaneobra pumarada dun sa area reserved for valet parking?!?!

As a fellow car enthusiast/owner, I could not help get pissed at this betrayal being committed by this arrogant employee na pinaglalaruan yung kotseng hindi naman kanya na pinagkatiwala sa Edsa Shangri-la, and at the same time, pity for the clueless SUV owner. Tempted nga ako murahin when I passed but nag prevail si kummander saying "Its not your car, don't get involved".

She had a point. If the car owner won't complain, I'd (generally) be on a bad footing to do so... but how would the owner know right?

===============================
    The moral lesson, NEVER entrust your precious vehicles to these goons na hindi naman nila pinaghirapan yung mga pinagtritripan nilang mga sasakyan, at hugas kamay naman sila if something happens.
    ===============================

Since it wasn't too long ago, I'm pretty sure these j*rks are still working there, so fellow Tsikoteers, if you happen to be in the area and have the time to spare, sundan nyo minsan yung mga nagpapa-valet and see for yourself.

Note: Post is intentionally written partly in Tagalog, to emphasize certain points.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Valet Parking Horror Stories