New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Poblema nga lang di ka pa nakarating sa office ang baho mo na Siguro dapat may shower na sa office these days

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ang trend dati : piso kada litro

ang trend ngayon : piso kada lingo

bumaba daw $1 pero barrel ang oil sa world market
    but oil firms dito sa pinas says; who cares

a**f*^%ers

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    They can't adjust the prices as the world oil prices move since those fluctuate rapidly on a daily basis, heck even within the day it moves very fast. Do you want to pay $4 more today then less $2 tomorrow or heck even pay $4 more 9AM today then later nalaman mo 3PM bumababa ng $2 yun price, its just chaos so they have to streamline the pricing as best as they can... And they have not yet fully recover the under-recovery that they need. At $130/barrel they should be priced at P62-P63, nasa P52 pa lang tayo so maskin bumababa yung oil in the market today that will not reflect in your gas price. What we need is for this bubble to pop then you get your relief in the pump, short term corrections in the crude price won't cut it...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Time to call Hayden (Jumper)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Time to call Hayden (Jumper)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I feel guilty everytime I use my car so I've been going out less and less and I end up feeling depressed coz I'm home most of the time. Hay. If only I could get a hold of that Japan Surplus Bike that I want.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    i think di sya unstable. stable nga sya in going up eh.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I believe in the world's ability to adapt to higher gas prices -- especially the pinoys. As we speak, US driving habits have gone down and SUV sales have shrunk in favor of compacts. In the Philippines, long the bastion of compacts and diesels, cleaner and more fuel efficient CRDIs, sub-compacts, and LPG vehicles are quickly becoming the norm. Even richer people bothered by high prices have begun taking out 2nd, more fuel efficient vehicles, saving their guzzler for the occasional weekend jaunt or road trip. I'm sure the burgeoning economies of India and China will react in a similar manner sooner or later (and this is key). After all, without the rest of the world able to buy, what'll their growth result in?

Still, I believe reaction is lagging the price increases due in part to those &!^*$%*!& speculators whose panic statements are becoming self-fulfilling prophecies. Also, demand declines arrive in chunks. As a consumer, for example, my first reaction to an increase is a mere rant. When it starts to hurt me, I do a small step getting larger in increments until the pain is alleviated or stops. At worst, I sell my car ahead of time or buy a 2nd car that is much, much more fuel-efficient or install an LPG system. The good news is that, the higher the price of gas is, the more fuel-efficient vehicles will be and likely, the greener the environment.

As of now, I have added 3 psi to my tire pressure and minimized my use of fuel octane above my recommended minimum. It has relieved the pain somewhat. If I feel more pain, sterner measures are necessary.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here, added 5psi to our sportivo tires, kahit diesel sasakyan nmin, ramdam na din ang taas ng presyo ng gas. Better do small steps now para pag sumobra tlaga taas, nakapag adjust na tayo ng konti, kesa ung mabigla tayo sa paga adjust

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I think the government should start creating more bike lanes and not waste their time on those pink lines that nobody cares about. They need to help encourage people to bike more and companies should start creating parking spaces for bikes and set up shower room.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
unstable gas price