New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agh.... beach house! Memories!!!

Pumunta kami last year sa UP pagkatapos ng gimik sa morato... para lang mag-isaw sa tabi ng post office... da best!

Dyan pa ba sa may MWSS yung bottomless rice na kainan?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    onga sa mang jimmy's! the best dun puro mantika at pampabata!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oh so subsidized lang. Wala lang kase the govt. wastes money on the school hiring commie profs better use the money on other more importnat things.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oh so subsidized lang. Wala lang kase the govt. wastes money on the school hiring commie profs and most students are against the govt who pays some of their tuition if I get it right. better use the money on other more important things. no offense sa mga taga UP or alumni ha.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    oh so subsidized lang. Wala lang kase the govt. wastes money on the school hiring commie profs and most students are against the govt who pays some of their tuition if I get it right. better use the money on other more important things. no offense sa mga taga UP or alumni ha.

bro, iskolar kami ng BAYAN.
    hindi ng gobyerno.
    the government does not pay some of our tuition.
    the people are.

"commie profs"?
    i don't think they even compose
    1% of the teaching population.
    sa 5 1/2 years ko sa UP, i can't
    even remember a single instance that
    a teacher encouraged us to join rallies,
    or espouse a particular ideology.

"most students are against the govt who pays some of their tuition."
    assuming you got this right, that most students are
    against the government, then that gives the government
    the right to deny them affordable but quality education?

i don't like the present administration but
    i love this country.

don't confuse the two.

imo, nakakalungkot ang pananaw mo bro.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by laracroft
    "commie profs"?
    i don't think they even compose
    1% of the teaching population.
    sa 5 1/2 years ko sa UP, i can't
    even remember a single instance that
    a teacher encouraged us to join rallies,
    or espouse a particular ideology.
    Yes, there are commie profs, some of my dormmates were/are under one of them. But they're really the exception rather than the rule.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In my experience, the only "commie" or even "leftista" professors I had were from Political Sciences.

But PolSci professors, no matter what the school, public or private (and I should know, we own one) do tend to the left.

Panoorin mo lang ang rally sa UP. If the students were all anti-government, di ba kaya't mas malaki ang rally? And even among the aktibistas, these people are not anti-government per se... just anti-corruption. Let me remind you... the President isn't the government. Marcos wasn't the government, Cory wasn't, Ramos wasn't, Erap wasn't, and Tita Glo isn't.

And the level of activism in UP is actually pretty low. By my time, it wasn't much higher than in other Universities and institutions... and judging by the rallies... it's even lower now.

Yes, the government should spend its money better. Spend more of it to buy votes... ehehe... ballot boxes pala.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    For some reason, there are a few profs from Arts and Letters that are commies (one of my dormmates had an English prof, rally or a report on a really thick book!). And yes, activism isn't really big in UP, just loud. There are twice as many Engineering freshmen than there are UP activists in any given rally.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sorry to you guys, mali lang siguro perception ko, kase always pag may mga rally, sa news most students come from UP, I guess they are a minority lang pala, and most of the outspoken teachers or profs are from there also, not only during this administration but even before. Glad that you explained it clearly. Thats why i was asking if free ang tuition sa UP coz I really dont know anything about it only that it is one big school.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. Sobrang laki nga siya, and UP is a great place to send your kids... or yourself, actually, as it allows them to interact with all levels of society and to know how they feel and think.

Imagine mo lang, sa isang class, meron ka nang class C na taga-Maynila (tsinelas and shorts la-ang), taga-Benguet, taga-Davao o Cebu, class B na taga-Maynila o Laguna, mga super-nerds na galing Manila Science High o Philippine Science High atsaka half-a-dozen or more rich kids na anak ng businessman, school owner or politician. Not to mention the guys at the back of the class who have been in college since the 80's... plus the odd aktibista (who could be any one of the above) as well as the war-freak fratman and the religious kid.

In short, masaya. No matter where you're from, may mahahanap ka namang ka-sosyo.

For me, mas maiintindihan mo ang mga tao kung well-exposed ka, and for better or worse, well-exposed ka talaga sa UP.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
UHK 680, XLJ 610, and a blue Landcruiser: Respeto naman!