New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This morning, the U-TURN slot at the base of the flyover going to C-5 (yung malapit sa PRESTO plant) was closed! Yeah! Traffic became smooth again. The only problem I experienced was the bottlenecking caused by the stoooooopid drivers from the rightmost lane trying to squeeze in to enter the flyover.

I was able to get to my office at Ft. Boni 15 minutes earlier because of this. :D

I hope they make this permanent.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem with that slot was it was too close to the foot of the flyover and canley road (taas kilay). I think this was also the reason why they opened up the right turn slot at the base of the flyover going to pasig.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It helped improve the traffic flow again. But now the traffic going North from Makati got a bit slower on the flyover because of the cars turning right in the Pasig-bound old slot that was opened up. They should finish that exit they're constructing after the C5 bridge for Northbound lane cars going to Pasig (under the flyover).

I agree with PJKid's observation, the u-turn slot was just too near to the base of the flyover and to Canley Road.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They should close that damned right turn, too.

May dalawang flyovers naman... we should just do it Singaporean style and close ALL the turns between the flyovers. It's not that far to go to U-turn... just about one kilometer. Add nalang ng pedestrian lights at the old intersections for people crossing the street.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tagal ko ng hinaing to buti naman at sinarado na. deim lagi na nga akong napwesto sa kanan pag malapit na ko sa lintek na flyover na yan eh..kahit ngyng sarado na nakakalimutan ko pa rin. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baliktad na ngayon sir benchph1, iwas naman sa kanan to avoid the right turners going to pasig.

On a related note, i think theyre gonna make an exit going to pasig from the C5 bridge. Well, i hope theyre gonna.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bwisit nga yung right turn... tuwang tuwa ako nung sinara yun... tapos binuksan ang U-Turn... bwisit ulit... sinara ang U-Turn... masaya... tapos binuksan ulit ang right-turn.... Syeeeeet man!!! make up your minds!

sana nga bilisan nila yung exit ng Pasig galing south... ang gulo naman nila.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    they should close also the u-turn slot sa e. rodriguez tapat ng eagle street. vehicles northbound intending to go to j. vargas should take the u-turn at the ortigas flyover. the problem with u-turns that are close to the intended street is the u-turners dont have enough lenght to change lane gradually going to the outer lane. hence, they literally cut accross the road instead of making a u-turn. the proper way to u-turn is to align first the vehicle with the inner lane then gradually change lane going to the outer lane for their right turn. but, the u-turners must have ample lenght to change lane safely, otherwise they will just intersect or cut accross the road and defeat the purpose of the u-turn. there a lot of u-turns that are badly positioned, hence conducive to accidents...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pati na rin yung U-turn slots sa may C5 - Shopwise Libis (near Greenmeadows)... the place is too congested and there are other slots not so far down the road (after Eastwood and before the Ortigas-C5 flyover). From what i see, this is the u-turn slot that usually causes the traffic to reach the C5/Ortigas flyover during rush hour.

U-TURN slot before C5 flyover closed!