New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    delikado yung ginawa nya na magpahalata na may baril sya. kung nagkataon na ikaw ang nakatapat nya na ganun din ang ugali. hindi na nya magagawang bumunot pa, syempre uunahan mo na, sabay sibat. pero di naya kayang iputok yon. parang aso baga, pag hindi tumatahol dun ka matakot. sagpang na lang bigla yun. pag maingay, duwag yon.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    At least your not hurt! malay nyo sir laruan lang pala ung baril nya pero at least bossing your safe and you handled the situation very well!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FedEx View Post
    At least your not hurt! malay nyo sir laruan lang pala ung baril nya pero at least bossing your safe and you handled the situation very well!
    Sa mga attorney dito, tanong ko lang.
    Ano asunto mo kung sakali sinagasa-an mo ang ganoon klase tao at napuruhan mo? Pwede kaya ilusot na self-defense, napagkamalan mong holdaper?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm not a lawyer, but I think you can be charged with manslaughter.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    On hindsight, I would have still done what I did. And thanks for those who agreed with the course of action I took. Medyo, gusto ko pa rin balikan by tracing the owner of the scooter, profiling and using another vehicle to do a dastardly deed with impunity. Pero kahit yun I have to stop myself from thinking such thoughts.

Kung halimbawang sinagasaan ko nga at may nasaktan o di kaya'y dead on the spot (usually resorted to by bus drivers para mas mura at less hassle - P 100,000 na yata buhay ng tao ngayon). If I can live with a very guilty conscience I probably can make up story of on self-defense but that would be more difficult to prove than just flat out hit him and run then deny all the way. With the present state of the criminal justice system here in the Philippines there is a good chance na hindi ka na mahuli o di kaya maglagay ka na lang sa pulis for sure less than P 100,000 gagastusin mo. At kung may independent witness (assuming wala ka na talagang kunsensya) duruin at takutin o di kaya bayaran mo na lang din. Explain mo na lang na holdapper yun at tumakbo ka dahil baka may ibang kasama pa. With his gun - probably unlicensed - this can be used to persuade the police, potential witnesses.

Kung sa US nang yari malamang manslaughter ang indictment. Dito sa Pinas walang ganun most likely it will be homicide throught reckless imprudence lalo na kung patay pati yung passenger nya who could testify on the presence of intention to kill.

Why not self-defense? I would not advise about it unless there's no other way to explain the killing just like in the case of Senator Loren's hubby. Kasi, the accused would then have to admit that a homicide took place, that he did it, that he was attacked, he did not provoke the attack, he did not use unnecessary force to repel the the attack among others.

On a purely legal standpoint for the defense, kung flat out denial then invoke your constitutional right to remain silent, right against self-incrimination and host of other rights and technicality. Tatahimik ka lang and your conviction will not be based on the weakness of your defense or alibi but it must be because the overworked and lowly paid government prosecutor was able to gather enough evidence to prove your guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. Plus, dapat nagdaan sa inquest fiscal or may determination of prima facie evidence through preliminary investigation, there was a valid warrant on the right address, that it was properly served etc, etc.

I'm not at all supporting making human road kill whenever na-argabyado tayo. But in the end, I'm still smiling and enjoying life with my family.

By the way, I was on my way to conduct a Bible study when that incident happened and was preparing myself in prayer. And I know enough of Philippine laws not to get caught in the messy justice system. Finally, lawsuits are more often than not a no-win situation for all parties except the lawyers.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    You made good in choosing that decision. The situation would have been different had you made a different reaction and at the end of the day, you look back and you feel good that that was your choice.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, tama lang yung ginawa mo. It doesn't make you less of a man pag pinatulan mo yung mokong na yun, tapos may dala pang bakal. At least, you're alive and well, and that's all that matters.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ditto on that. san nga lang kunin na ni lord ang ganyan klaseng mga tao. in danger ang loved ones natin. ingats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Troll on Scooter TP 7944