New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have noticed several traffic signs that do little to guide motorists. I sometimes think they are traps for the kotong cops. Some of these signs are hard to see and if you are new to the place will most likely be a victim.

Here are a few examples...

1. Quirino Ave. in Plaza Dilao in Paco Manila -- moving east, a lot of motorists (including me :oops: ) will notice a solid white line separating the left turn vehicles from straight ahead vehicles. Heavy traffic, and you are following other cars, you will not notice that the broken white line is not broken anymore. Gotcha!

2. Shaw blvd in front of JRC -- try the mornings, it's hard to see the stop light if you are coming from Kalentong towards Edsa. That's why you don't see any cops there in the PM.

3. Quirino Ave cor. Osmena (South Super HiWay), if you are going west straight towards Roxas blvd, always use the last two outer most lane else ...
    4. Shaw (forgot corner but this is the only sharp bend of Shaw) -- a very low stop light and it will not be seen unless the vehicle in front of you is a sedan. Good luck.

If you know of others, please post so that we can come up with a list to e-mail DOTC.

Have patience fellow motorists.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    south triangle

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ung mga traffic lights na kahit minsan di pa gumana..sa visayas-congressional.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    share ko lang yung nangyari sakin kanina...

i was driving sa may bambang road sa manila going to tutuban when i came across to this intersection. tuloy-tuloy lang ako kasi wla akong nakitang one-way... ayun huli raw ako kasi one-way.

nagusap kami ng pulis na humuli sakin pero sabi samin ako raw mismo makiusap.. nung sinabi ko na pasensya na at wla akong napansin na oneway hindi na raw pwedeng makiusap kasi nasulat na sa ticket.

bad trip lang.. pero im sure wlang one-way na sign dun. sa if meron man... hindi visible sa driver lalu na pag hindi taga roon. nakakainis i think.

ingat kayo dito.

lastly... since nangyari na ito.. ask ko lang magkano penalty sa one-way violation?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ang alam ko sa one-way violation ay P2,500 + 3 months suspension of driver's license + seminar ang fines and penalties.

Dahil sa dami na ng one way dito sa Metro Manila, I see first kung talagang my one-way sign before entering.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3038[/SIZE]

huwow! P2,500? grabe pala..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
    share ko lang yung nangyari sakin kanina...

i was driving sa may bambang road sa manila going to tutuban when i came across to this intersection. tuloy-tuloy lang ako kasi wla akong nakitang one-way... ayun huli raw ako kasi one-way.

nagusap kami ng pulis na humuli sakin pero sabi samin ako raw mismo makiusap.. nung sinabi ko na pasensya na at wla akong napansin na oneway hindi na raw pwedeng makiusap kasi nasulat na sa ticket.

bad trip lang.. pero im sure wlang one-way na sign dun. sa if meron man... hindi visible sa driver lalu na pag hindi taga roon. nakakainis i think.

ingat kayo dito.

lastly... since nangyari na ito.. ask ko lang magkano penalty sa one-way violation?

most probably one way talaga yun napasukan mo, dahil hinde nagpalagay yun police eh..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ;63741
    Have noticed several traffic signs that do little to guide motorists. I sometimes think they are traps for the kotong cops. Some of these signs are hard to see and if you are new to the place will most likely be a victim.

Here are a few examples...

1. Quirino Ave. in Plaza Dilao in Paco Manila -- moving east, a lot of motorists (including me :oops: ) will notice a solid white line separating the left turn vehicles from straight ahead vehicles. Heavy traffic, and you are following other cars, you will not notice that the broken white line is not broken anymore. Gotcha!

2. Shaw blvd in front of JRC -- try the mornings, it's hard to see the stop light if you are coming from Kalentong towards Edsa. That's why you don't see any cops there in the PM.

3. Quirino Ave cor. Osmena (South Super HiWay), if you are going west straight towards Roxas blvd, always use the last two outer most lane else ...
    4. Shaw (forgot corner but this is the only sharp bend of Shaw) -- a very low stop light and it will not be seen unless the vehicle in front of you is a sedan. Good luck.

If you know of others, please post so that we can come up with a list to e-mail DOTC.

Have patience fellow motorists.
    Di lang the 2 lanes kundi use the outermost lane kasi other vehicles are taking over also the next lane to it to make a left turn to osmena hi-way

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If you're in J. Abad Santos Ave, then turn right to Bambang, ok lang kasi one way yun. But if you turn left (going to Tutuban), 2 way doon.

Dami din talagang nahuhuli sa intersection ng Quirino Ave & South Super Highway. It's a haven for corrupt MMDA officers.

Mga bros, ingat din kayo if you just came from 168 Mall & Meisic Mall in Manila, don't turn left to Reina Regente, bawal dun. Unahan sa paghuli yung mga MMDA & Manila brown traffic cops ni Atienza. You can only turn right going to Binondo. If you wanna turn left, you have to go through either the Caltex or Petron station so you'll drive by Soler Street.
    Last edited by 3ple4; June 17th, 2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: additional comments

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Shaw blvd. edsa intersection; daming Mandaluyong cops na gutom dun, samahan pa ng mmda.

from shaw samat going to edsa north bound. yun stoplight hindi ata nag yellow... green & red lang.. kaya pag alanganin ka at tinuloy mo 1. beating the red light; pag nag stop ka at naka usli car khit konting mm. lang 2. may violation parin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Traffic Signs that feed Kotong Cops