New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I read an article some time ago that a tow truck cannot tow a vehicle once the vehicle driver is there and available to start and move the vehicle. It is grounds for carnapping. Can anyone verify please? If I remember correctly, the article was written in a newspaper as a question and a columnist sought the comments of an LTO authority on the matter.
    Alam ko sa Parañaque ata tong issue na 'to dahil may mga sasakyan along Doña

Soledad na nakapark na nandun yung driver sa loob tapos tinow. Parang ganun.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Borrowed article from http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/feedback/...nd-regulations

"
    Sixth, the towing problem again. The MMDA has rules and regulations for towing. Yet their own towing companies do not know what it is and simply do not follow it. What saddens me more is that many motorists do not know it too. So they easily fall prey to these abusive towing companies. Why can't anybody publish these rules and regulations so that the general public are aware of it? I'll give you an instance of how abusive these towing companies can get. We have a closed aluminum van in our office. One time, our company driver had to pick up something with it. Since the van was parked behind another company car, our driver moved the car first then when the van was out, he parked it properly on the street and returned the car to where it was parked. While he was in the process of parking the car, a tow truck came by, one of its men suddenly boarded our van and drove of with it. Fortunately, one of our employees was able to block them off. But the man from the tow truck did not go down, they said our van was illegally parked. Mind you, there were two other vehicles parked in front of other houses in the same street. They didn't have drivers and the other one was beyond moving since it only had two tires. Yet they opted to take our van. Since the man from the tow truck did not want to alight from our van, our driver opted to go with them. When they were near the impound, they stopped the van and it was only then that they attached the van to the tow truck. One of the men from the tow truck even said that they should just flatten one of the van's tires so that the fine would be lower. Fortunately for us, we know someone from the MMDA and our van was released without any fine. But this is where my point comes in. Given that an illegally parked vehicle is found unattended, 1, they (the towing men) do not have the right to board your vehicle. 2, according to the MMDA rules and regulations, the tow truck should first blow their horn several times. If no driver still comes to attend to the vehicle, then that is the time they tow it. 3, based on the MMDA rules and regulations again, our van was not parked in any category that would fall under the instances stated in the rules and regulations.

The saddest part of this is that even if the towing company tows your vehicle falsely (not following the rules) and you want to fight for it, your vehicle will still be in the impound. Which would then account to you having lost plenty of important time. And even if it were proven that your vehicle was wrongly towed, the erring towing companies do not get punished for it."
    By:

concerned motorist.
    vgd2k[at]yahoo.com

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    That is technically carnapping.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the link kurby! That's exactly what I was pointing out. I believe a similar incident happened in Makati. A car was on hazard along Benavidez with the driver in it. I think he was waiting for a companion coming down from a building. Lo and behold, a tow truck came screeching out of nowhere, blocked his path and hooked up the tow truck's chain. It led to an altercation and I think the towing company got charged with carnapping.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks for the article, kurby.

I just have a question:
    2, according to the MMDA rules and regulations, the tow truck should first blow their horn several times.
    Are all towing companies in Makati under the MMDA?
    Nalilito na ko sa uniform ng mga traffic enforcers dun e. Sometimes there are yellow-uniformed TEs riding with their truck. I thought they were from the local government... What if the towing company was under the local government's jurisdiction, does anyone have the rules/regulations regarding towing of vehicles in Makati?

Regardless, I see that most of the cases posted here border on the criminal!
    Wala ba tayong masasalpak sa mukha ng mga ganitong towing companies pag di nila sinusunod ang batas?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    since walang aksyon from gov't/local offices.. sa MEDIA na tyo magsumbong... kakainis... ang kakapal ng apog ng mga toh! mga kampon kayo ni :evillaugh .. kung hindi kayo magbabago alam nyo na kung san kayo pupunta!

as far as i know regarding towing guidelines.. hindi pedeng i-tow ang vehicle as long as andun yung driver at willing na alisin ang sasakyan. pedeng file-lan ng carnapping ang tow company pagpinilit nilang i-tow. sabi pa, "if the vehicle is unattended, the tow truck driver shall blow the truck's horn 5 times twice in a row w/ a space of one minute in between. If the owner does not respond, the vehicle will be towed. - SECTION 7. Towing procedures, 7.3"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang mahal naman nun 10 pesos for 15 mins. daig pa ang internet shop. hehehe
    kung side street parking at loob ng makati...mura na yan...
    atleast walang magtatagal sa parking...at siguro mababawasan na din
    ang mga magdadala ng kotse.

saka dapat my loading/unloading zone din..para sa mga delivery truck or delivery boy na may motor..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Thanks for the article, kurby.

I just have a question:
    Are all towing companies in Makati under the MMDA?
    Nalilito na ko sa uniform ng mga traffic enforcers dun e. Sometimes there are yellow-uniformed TEs riding with their truck. I thought they were from the local government... What if the towing company was under the local government's jurisdiction, does anyone have the rules/regulations regarding towing of vehicles in Makati?

Regardless, I see that most of the cases posted here border on the criminal!
    Wala ba tayong masasalpak sa mukha ng mga ganitong towing companies pag di nila sinusunod ang batas?
    I think these are guidelines for any locality in Metro Manila. Besides kaya nga naitatag ang MMDA or MMA pa nuon. Hindi naman tayo federal government para mag-iba iba sila ng guidelines o batas. Di ba?

Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    kung side street parking at loob ng makati...mura na yan...
    atleast walang magtatagal sa parking...at siguro mababawasan na din
    ang mga magdadala ng kotse.

saka dapat my loading/unloading zone din..para sa mga delivery truck or delivery boy na may motor..
    Kung side street. Oo medyo mura na yan kung saglit ka lang, pero kung tatagal ka mahal yan. Tsaka, ang sarap magkaroon ng parking lot sa Makati ha? Kumikitang kabuhayan. hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    para coding lang yan e. ayaw natin pero sumusunod din naman tayo pag nasa Makati.

sundin na lang kasi...=)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    double post
    Last edited by puroy; September 8th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Towing in Makati Central Business District