New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    first topic ko ... hehehe ...

this happened last october 26 (not sure pero yun ang tanda ko).
    i was with my GF on the way home from tagaytay. then meron sa likod ko na may bright headlights. nakakainis kasi nakakasilaw. so i sped up. the car behind me (it was a civic, i looked at the headlights from my mirror) was still tailing me. so i picked up the pace once again. when we hit a series of corners, it was only then that i realized i was doing 80! not that fast ... but considering that i will fall of a cliff if i missed, it really got my adrenaline going. the civic fell behind, but only for a while. i came up behind two more cars and a truck which slowed the pace down.

the cars in front of me overtook the truck. i was next, but an oncoming carset me back. by the time i was able to pass, the two cars ahead already pulled away. since i don't like treading that route alone in the dark, i played catch up ... and so did the civic behind me. when we caught up with each other, i managed to pass the blue sentra and was now behind another civic. the four of us were locked in this position overtaking the slower cars in front of us but neither one attempted any stupid driving maneuvers that would endanger us or anybody else on the road. there was a time we reached 120 before hitting the brakes to slow down for a tight corner.

it was the best drive home i had (and my GF slept through it all). kung andito man sila, i wish we could do that again. it was really fun and exciting because it was midnight and the raods are dark. and all of us were safe drivers giving each one room to breathe. it may not be as fast and furious as initial D runs, but it's the best downhill drive i've had in years.

why don't we do it sometime. just give me a buzz. :twisted:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ingats sa pag drive nang ganyan...:wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    going down from tagaytay at 120,dude thats scary.tried it once and i'll never do it again.nagawa ko lang un kasi nakainom ako.and one more thing doing it on a weekend,ingat lang may mga nagkakarera dyan......:mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa sta. rosa expressway ba yan?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002

don't worry guys, your concerns are well registered in my mind already. there are very few (actually i think just 2) places that you can punch it to that speed (120).

also ... i've been driving that route in the day, in the night, in the rain, in the fog (now, driving in fog IS scary!). i usually go there in the weekends so i know the roads pretty well. i don't run that fast often though. i only reached 120 on the straights near PNP.

i know my limits. thanks for reminding me. let's do it sometime soon (in the day, and at much saner speeds) :wink:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can do 120 (or more, depending on the ride) in the straights after the PNP as you near Tagaytay. I usually drive to and from Tagaytay late at night (iwas traffic) and it is fun on that road, especially kung malakas yung headlights. I've also experienced the type of drivers you mentioned (saya nga) but in contrast, i've also experienced the opposite... pag ganyan, paunahin mo nalang sila. You'll catch up with them din naman as you get into Sta. Rosa.

If you want to extend the fun, drive until Calatagan. The roads are nice and smooth just as long as you don't drive during a long weekend or holiday as it get really traffic as you pass through the Tagaytay area.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mas ok sana kung wala yung mga reflectors sa gitna ng road eh .. because the cemented roads are clean and smooth .. pero shempre, safety first di ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep....grabe nga dyan minsan sa road na yan pababa from Tagaytay going Sta. Rosa.....ok lang kc mga kotse yung mga kasama mo....sometimes, me mga bully dyan na trooper o expedition ang dala na talagang nag oovertake kahit di nila kita yung sa unahan.......ikaw na lang ang magbibigay unless gusto mong mahulog sa shoulder.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    it was the best drive home i had (and my GF slept through it all). kung andito man sila, i wish we could do that again. it was really fun and exciting because it was midnight and the raods are dark. and all of us were safe drivers giving each one room to breathe. it may not be as fast and furious as initial D runs, but it's the best downhill drive i've had in years.
    Kulang na lang may Intial D sound track playing in the background.

When I still had a turbo in my car, my friends and I went to clark to spend the week-end there. Riding with me was my gf. Anyway, on the way back, I decided to go ahead of the others na. So from Dau to Bulacan, I kept an average speed between 120 to 170 kph with my Initial D sound track in the player. Sarap! My gf enjoyed the ride too, parang watching a video game daw.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "when you still had"? what happened to the turbo? i remember you had a lengthy list of mods to that ae111 back in the old board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
togue run down from tagaytay