New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a 2004 altis and brought it to casa for 20K PMS and to have 2 things repaired 1) ticking sound when making a deep right or left turn and 2) the leather on my steering wheel has some bubbles in it meaning parang natatanggal yun kapit.

buti nalang yun ticking sound papalitan ng drive boots daw (tagal lng nga mga 5 days) pero yun steering wheel daw ayaw palitan ng planta ng toyota since baka may mga chemicals daw nilagay and the casa is currently reappealing the decision.

nakakinis lang sinabi ko accord namin mas luma pa pareho lang naman pagalaga, and we had a corona before 10 yrs na walang nangyari sa steering wheel. just want to share with you guys and I hope palitan nila. Nakakapikon lang bibili ka ng brand new ang mahal ng mga PMS tapos mga ganon kasimple di aayusin

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    forgot to say na wala akong nilalagay na "chemicals". punas lng with damp cloth usually

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    davy: try mo contact Kelseat, baka sila ang contractor ng steering wheel. (I may be wrong)... but regardless, pag under the surface defect like that, dapat maclaclaim yan sa warranty.

Try to contact TMP directly and not the dealer, write a formal letter etc...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Try to contact TMP directly and not the dealer, write a formal letter etc...
    and if that doesn't work, try having your lawyer write TMP a letter. That usually works.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks for the replies, called TMP customer service and they said they will get back to me. pag wala pasulat nalang nga sa lawyer

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Theeved... unfortunately hindi kami contractor for the leather steering wheel of the Altis.

Pero thats something unfortunate because if there are bubbles then it means that the mounting of the leather is not very well done. But I fully agree that they should honor the warranty of that vehicle ... unless that is treated in the dealer's side.

TMP not honoring warranty of defective leather steering wheel