New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    They probably do. I had to avoid a plastic bottle thrown out of a vehicle here in California, and I guess the guy was lucky since my phone was dead. I would have called the cops or highway patrol instead and report the license plate.

Incidentally a few minutes later a police cruiser passed by. Oh well just be careful if you see UFO's flying towards your car.
    How much is the fine for littering? $1k?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kasama na sa culture ng karamihan na tao yan eh, pagtatapon ng basura... Makes no diff if you're throwing a bunch of trash from a car or throwing a piece of candy wrapper while walking...

Little deeds snowball to bigger ones...

Sanay na sanay mga tao magtapon ng maliliit na basura lagi... bubuksan bintana tatapon resibo o wrapper, pagdudura, tatapon ticket ng bus sa kalsada kahit may tapunan naman sa exit ng bus etc.

Mayaman o mahirap, daming babuy na walang disiplina...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    it's sunday and you're out for a leisurely drive. you're enjoying the view and the scent of fresh air. not a care in the world when suddenly BLAM, something hits your windshield hard. you're surprised to see that it's a glass of coke from jollibee apparently thrown by a passenger in the jeep in front of you. what should you do? floor it and give the junkie a piece of your mind? let it go? take down the plate number and report it to uh...... who?

this again is something i see daily and i am deeply saddened by this. what would you do if you were in this situation?
    wait! is it a glass of coke? then your windshield should be broken to a million pieces by now, maybe it's just a plastic cup....just clearing things up....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    haha, yup, you're right, guess i was too caught up in the moment. well, aside from plastic cups i also come across flying fruit peels and tissue paper. other times it's jollibee plastic bags full of empty styros and plastic cups. man, you should see my car after a road trip, trash is everywhere. if there's no garbage can in sight, i just take home the garbage. my trash is my responsibility, that's my eco motto of the day.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Typical Pinoy. Concern o malinis lang within his bakod. Sa labas ng bakod nya, wala ng pakialam. Concern lang sa kanyang family, outside ng family, maski mali, makikipag patayan na. Tuwing giving ng peace be with you sa misa, mga kamag-ank lang pinaghahalikan. Sa iba deadma. Typical Pinoy

Dapat sa mga ganayan pede shoot at will. Hindi naman sila ang me mga me ari ng kalsada.

Dapat sa lahat ng kalye sa Pinas, No littering.
    Natumbok mo pare ko. Isa yan sa mga ugaling Pinoy na
    kinaiinisan ko talaga.

I dont know if you still remember but there was a commercial
    a decade ago that pokes fun at this.

Its a father and his son inside the family car. Kumakain
    yung anak niya ng sandwich and candies. Sabi niya:
    "Anak, tapon mo sa labas yung mga sandwich and candy wrappers
    mo so that "neat" yung kotse natin"!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    I remember that series. The theme was, "Sa mata ng isang bata, ang isang pagkakamali ay nagiging tama kapag ito'y ginagawa ng mas matanda." They should bring those back. Advertising money well spent!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post

I dont know if you still remember but there was a commercial
    a decade ago that pokes fun at this.

As I was giving it more thought, here is a more accurate version
    of the commercial:

Same scenario of father and son inside the family car.

The son is eating and puts all his "kalat" on the dashboard.
    The father rolls down his window and throws all the kalat
    outside.

He then turns to his son with a big smile and in a loud and
    proud voice says: "Iba na ang NEAT!"

Hahahaha! Hanggang ngayon pagnaaalala ko this ad
    natatawa pa rin ako!

Kasi yung gumanap na tatay mukhang engotz talaga!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pekto, sorry I don't know. Probably so around that much.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    regardless pa yan mapa bata or matanda, basta nagtapon ng basura from the vehicle or kahit saan pa, isa lang ibig sabihin non, pinalaki silang ganon.pag kasi at young age naturuan na ng tama yong bata mas malamang di nya gagawin ang basta basta magtapon ng kalat sa daan hanggang sa ito ay maging mama na.
    well said!
    I agree with you. Ang hindi ko rin gusto eh yung mga motorists na nagtatapon ng toll gate receipt out of the window. Diyan sa coastal toll plaza, meron na diyan sako yata yun para ihulog dun yung papel, naka yung iba sige paren ang tapon sa kalsada. Kahit sabihin natin na papel yun at biodegradable the thought na nagkalat ka eh ang panget panget parin! To all those who throw their garbage kung saan saan ito ang sa inyo . Ayan, mabukulan sana kayo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Swak na swak yung commercial ni BF about Metro Gwapo sa sinehan hehe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
throwing garbage out of a moving vehicle???