New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bad trip lang dito yung me transparent lens na masisilaw ka when then step on the brake....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Or who disregard safety and confuse other motorists by rewiring their tail lights or by replacing them with lenses of other colors.
    may na encounter akong ganitong taxi, akala ko umaatras kay abinusinahan ko yun pala pinagpalit niya yun brake light and yun reverse/back-up light niya

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    It's just sad to know that there are car owners/drivers who disregard safety by not fixing their busted light/s.
    Yeah. Sometimes it's just sheer ignorance. Some owners do not know how to replace the bulb and think they have to go to the casa to have it replaced. Wow. So much for reading the manual.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by e_chen View Post
    bad trip lang dito yung me transparent lens na masisilaw ka when then step on the brake....
    yung iba kasi tinatanggal yung red lens... stupid...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Talking about lights, bakit yung iba, parehong naka-On yung amber lights sa harap (and yung iba, pati likod)? what is that for? nakaka-confuse kasi kung ano ba ang balak kaya binubusinahan ko na lang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Talking about lights, bakit yung iba, parehong naka-On yung amber lights sa harap (and yung iba, pati likod)? what is that for? nakaka-confuse kasi kung ano ba ang balak kaya binubusinahan ko na lang.
    yung old na isuzu hilander at honda city ang park lights ay yung corner lights. naka-double contact yun kaya nakailaw parati.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Front amber lamps are called side marker lamps. They are required in the U.S., hence you mostly see them on USDM vehicles. Federal law states that when viewed from the side, the front of the vehicle must be marked by an amber lamp whereas the rear must be marked by a red lamp. This not only helps make vehicles more visible, it also allows other drivers to know what direction the vehicle is facing. Side markers are not only required to be illuminated, they are also required to be reflectorized (for when the vehicles are parked).

Locally, some pople put 'double contact bulbs' for the purpose of porma.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako magpapakabit ng third brake led lights pretty much useful since walang kasamang third brake lamp car ko
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Locally, some pople put 'double contact bulbs' for the purpose of porma.
    I assume this pertains to the side markers alternately used as turn signals but did not function that way from factory. Actually, this aids in safety too for vehicles flanking the blind spots of others. The vehicle with the added double contact bulbs on the side markers (wired properly) will allow the vehicle in its blind spot to see any turn signal indicators should it wish to change directions.

Of course, for vehicles already equipped with lights that are visible to vehicles in the blind spots, there is no need to do this. But there are a lot of USDM vehicles that do not have this feature and most of them also do not have the turn signal indicators behind the front wheel like other cars do back there. I've noticed this with some of our cars back there and their counterparts here in the US.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I assume this pertains to the side markers alternately used as turn signals
    Nope. Local guys 'double contact' the REAR facing REAR turn signals. It's actually pretty pointless. hehehe. Oh well, para maiba siguro.

In terms of signal lamps, local vehicles are usually patterned after their European counterparts. Hence, fender mounted signal lamps are considered the norm here.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Third Brake Light - What for?