New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Doesn't the Labor Code prohibit deducting from an employee's salary for mistakes at work? (Lawyers definitely welcomed to clarify this ). I understand the need for employees to be very precise in doing their work, and this includes ensuring compliance to practices (such as reciting off a marketing/sales spiel). However, sanctions for mistakes shouldn't include deducting from an employee's pay; instead sanctions should be something like a memo for not following standards or lower appraisal ratings which will affect pay increases and/or opportunities for promotion.

A lot of us work in the offices. Imagine if for every mistake we do, our salaries get deducted. Would that be something we'll be willing to put up with?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    No such thing as free in this world. To think so would be naive.

OT:Take Jojo Binay (yes please take him away). Free so and so in Makati. Free for him to give away while business, real property owners and tax payers shoulder all the expenses while he "gives" it all away. And he plans to do it nationwide!
    Tumpak ka bro, wala talagang libre! Everything is computed and added on their mark up sigurado.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    well, lahat naman ng company may some kind of penalty scheme when it comes to not meeting expected performance from their people. so i guess it is legal. mahirap lang talaga iswallow yung cost ng isang pagkakamali as compared sa salary nila. e halos 1 day minimum wage na ang 1 litrong langis! especially since asking if someone wants an oil check is not a "mission critical" thing. being rude is another issue altogether. imagine if you lose a day's salary for not saying 'good morning' when you answer the fone.

pero since may penalty scheme sila, hopefully meron din silang corresponding reward scheme.

IMO
    Precisely my point. It's bloody useless. So it's twisted to punish someone for something utterly useless.

Blundering on gasoline filling, being rude and ignoring you is another thing.

My pet peeve in gas stations is when attendants can't seem to follow the simple task of "first-come, first-served".

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Could you ask the same thing over and over again for the whole day with the sun's heat up on you without forgetting one single vehicle ? Heh. I don't think so.

YES! simple because it's part of their job to ask those things to their customers! if they can't do it then they are not doing their job properly and they ought to be penalize.

sun's heat? come on, let's not be a puss here, they have roof over their heads. farmers are far more worst than gas boys, farmers are the one who are literally under the sun's ray the whole day.

Better if you try it first before you say that " it's so easy to follow it up with the spiel."
    if it's my job then I will make sure that I'll do it right.
    And sometimes, I experience gas boys who DON'T ask you anymore in what fuel is going to be filled in your tank.
    that's exactly the reason why the Total management implemented the promo, to give their employee consequences if they didn't do their job right.

when you experienced that incident, you didn't feel important did you? did you feel like they don't need your business there?

fortunately for me I have never encounter gas boys like this.

In my experience, I just give them a single honk for one of them to notice me, then when they go near my window I just tell them. No questions are asked.
    it's really getting odd, first they don't ask you what type of gas you wanted to fill then now they don't even acknowledge your presence that you still need to call their attention.

the gas station or gas boys that you go to, should give you a lifetime of free gas for not doing their job.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AnK View Post
    YES! simple because it's part of their job to ask those things to their customers! if they can't do it then they are not doing their job properly and they ought to be penalize.

sun's heat? come on, let's not be a puss here, they have roof over their heads. farmers are far more worst than gas boys, farmers are the one who are literally under the sun's ray the whole day.

Don't you feel hot even though you're under the roof without electric fans or aircons near you ?

if it's my job then I will make sure that I'll do it right.

I`m sure you can't do EVERYTHING right.

that's exactly the reason why the Total management implemented the promo, to give their employee consequences if they didn't do their job right.

There are other options that could have been considered. It was stated here in this thread, too.

And with the options that was stated the salaries of the boy's aren't at risk.

when you experienced that incident, you didn't feel important did you? did you feel like they don't need your business there?

No.

fortunately for me I have never encounter gas boys like this.

Good for you then.

it's really getting odd, first they don't ask you what type of gas you wanted to fill then now they don't even acknowledge your presence that you still need to call their attention.

the gas station or gas boys that you go to, should give you a lifetime of free gas for not doing their job.

Okay, you don't get it.

1st, I call the gas boys by honking at them.
    2nd, when they go near me, they don't ask me anything they just stare at me outside the window and wait for anything that I`ll say.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Don't you feel hot even though you're under the roof without electric fans or aircons near you ?
    maybe in an enclosed place but gas stations are relatively open air.

I`m sure you can't do EVERYTHING right.
    geez! it's not really hard to ask customers if they wanted their oil check. as I've said they already have interactions with the customers by asking how much they want to fill up. is it really hard to follow it with "Sir, do you want your oil to be check?"...

There are other options that could have been considered. It was stated here in this thread, too.

And with the options that was stated the salaries of the boy's aren't at risk.
    like what? not receiving your salary is a more effective motivation to do your job right.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    like what? not receiving your salary is a more effective motivation to do your job right.
    Here is an effective way that digitalron had suggested.

instead sanctions should be something like a memo for not following standards or lower appraisal ratings which will affect pay increases and/or opportunities for promotion.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    promotion? it's easier for a big corporation to replace those bottom tier employees, if they f*ck up on their job.

pay increase? they are receiving the minimum wage, no chance for salary increase.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    That's it I guess. I don't have to argue no more because it seems that you won't be having any remorse for those poor gas boys anyways, all you care about is excellent service good service and fair service.

No one in this thread can even change your point of view, sir. ;)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    That's it I guess. I don't have to argue no more because it seems that you won't be having any remorse for those poor gas boys anyways, all you care about is excellent service good service and fair service.

No one in this thread can even change your point of view, sir. ;)
    so expecting excellent service from gas boys is wrong nowadays? and expecting them to do their job right is bad?

should I feel bad that they are being penalize by their employer bec they are not doing part of their job properly? I don't think so.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
There's no such thing as free oil [ column of vernon b. sarne of topgear.com.ph ]