New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camote (oo naman peace tayo ),

Check the MOA with the PNP regarding leaving identification on the scene. Dun namin nadali yung mga tiga-Land Bank. It covers emergency/high risk transport units. It states (though not in verbatim) than even in an emergency, should a mishap occur, the operators of the emergency/high risk vehicle should acknowledge to the other party that they are aware that such situation has occured either by stopping (unlikely given the nature of operations these vehicles are subjected to), by gesturing clearly, or by leaving identification as to how they can be reached at a later time.

Otherwise, it is hit and run. Ang palusot kasi samin dati, dapat sumunod kami or we take down the numbers written on the side. What if sa sobrang layo ng destination ng unit nila? What if i-deny nila ang incident if we call the number. Court decided in favor of us. We overcharge them. Case closed.

I have nothing against firetrucks or firefighters in general (well except maybe for a certain 'volunteer' firefighter driving around in a red pajero with tinted plates). Siguro dapat intindihin din nila yung other side. Minsan wala na talagang room to maneuver ang ibang motorista thats why they just stop dead in their tracks in hopes that there will be enough room to clear whatever vehicle will be coming through. Not all motorists who get involved in crashes, do so because they played chicken with emergency vehicles.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    buti naman peace tayo... hehehe.... :D

Check the MOA with the PNP regarding leaving identification on the scene. Dun namin nadali yung mga tiga-Land Bank. It covers emergency/high risk transport units. It states (though not in verbatim) than even in an emergency, should a mishap occur, the operators of the emergency/high risk vehicle should acknowledge to the other party that they are aware that such situation has occured either by stopping (unlikely given the nature of operations these vehicles are subjected to), by gesturing clearly, or by leaving identification as to how they can be reached at a later time.
    i wonder which parties signed the MOA... i am not aware of any such MOA (memorandum of agreement ba???) regarding this... maybe it's between pnp and the owners of high risk vehicles (armored vans) / banks???

again, imo, the clear markings of the fire truck is enough identification in itself... unlike most armored vans which only has body numbers, sometimes not even a plate number displayed...

also, the officer in charge of the response team, by radio-ing his/her base of an accident, its general details and location, already acknowledged his awareness of such accident...

and oh, if i may add, it is SOP for fire trucks responding to fire calls involved in incidents like this to make sure that in all cases, they should make sure that no one is hurt.. if there are, they would stop and attend to the victims...

most of the hits are cosmetic damage anyway... so they continue on with the fire call...

Ang palusot kasi samin dati, dapat sumunod kami or we take down the numbers written on the side. What if sa sobrang layo ng destination ng unit nila? What if i-deny nila ang incident if we call the number.
    i understand and i agree boss... but then again, i still feel that the same incident would be different for a high risk transport unit and a clearly marked emergency vehicle...

I have nothing against firetrucks or firefighters in general (well except maybe for a certain 'volunteer' firefighter driving around in a red pajero with tinted plates).
    parang nag change color na yata siya boss... kung tama pagkakatanda ko, parang di na red e... blue na ata... not sure though... and also, his plates are no longer tinted... he's now sporting one of 'em luneta plates... :D

Siguro dapat intindihin din nila yung other side. Minsan wala na talagang room to maneuver ang ibang motorista thats why they just stop dead in their tracks in hopes that there will be enough room to clear whatever vehicle will be coming through. Not all motorists who get involved in crashes, do so because they played chicken with emergency vehicles.
    i agree... and if its worth anything, i think it must be noted that all drivers of fire trucks of volunteer fire brigades are car drivers/motorcycle riders themselves, so they understand how it is to be behind the wheel of cars or bikes... i know a few of them who are also tsikoteers, and as much as possible, they would avoid hitting any other vehicle on the road... as i've mentioned earlier, if they hit another vehicle, their truck would also sustain damage, which they themselves would pay for...

but i must tell you that a lot of pub/puj and taxi drivers are really bastos on the road... they would even block you while on your way to a fire call, while they load or unload passengers...

one time, there is this jeep who was even racing a fire engine along quirino...

another time, a taxi was sandwhiched between two fire trucks on the counterflow because he wouldn't let the fire truck behind him pass.... he would go as fast as the lead truck, swerve when the lead swerves... trying to by pass traffic courtesy of the firetrucks...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    tama lang na binangga nung fire truck yung taxi, abusado rin karamihan mga driver ng puv. narinig na nga nila ang serena, nakitang naka ilaw, makikipag unahan pa sa intersection o di kaya biglang hihinto para kumuha ng pasahero. minsan nga naisip ko sana mga bahay nila ang nasusunog nung mga panahong iyon ng matuto sila ng leksyon.

imho, d kasalanan ng firetruck driver ang aksidente and if they are responding to an emergency and met an accident. at most of the volunteer firetruck drivers are very well educated pagdating sa defensive driving at may mga seminars bago sila makapag hawak ng firetruck.

eto pa isang bad habit ng mga drivers, ke private o puv, yung bumubuntot sa likod ng firetruck para makaiwas din sa traffic. delikado ito pano nalang kung biglang pumreno yung firetruck???

i had an experience once when we're responding to a fire, ang lakas ng tunog ng serena namin at bukas ang blinkers, ayun yung isang fx nakipag unahan pa sa intersection sa may san lazaro/andalucia, sumalpok sya sa truck namin, la naman sya magawa kasi lahat ng sasakyan sa left and right nya nag yield samin.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    fireman111001, sang brigada ka???

in fairness dun sa taxi driver, di nga naman natin alam kung ano mga circumstances sorrounding that incident... kilala mo ba brigadang involved??? pm mo naman sakin...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman111001
    tama lang na binangga nung fire truck yung taxi, abusado rin karamihan mga driver ng puv. narinig na nga nila ang serena, nakitang naka ilaw, makikipag unahan pa sa intersection o di kaya biglang hihinto para kumuha ng pasahero. minsan nga naisip ko sana mga bahay nila ang nasusunog nung mga panahong iyon ng matuto sila ng leksyon.
    tama lang dahil karamihan ay abusado?

pero hindi lahat dba? paano kung late nang nakita nung taxi yung mga firetrucks? hindi ba huminto na nga siya para paraanin yung mga firetrucks?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    tama lang na binangga nung fire truck yung taxi, abusado rin karamihan mga driver ng puv. narinig na nga nila ang serena, nakitang naka ilaw, makikipag unahan pa sa intersection o di kaya biglang hihinto para kumuha ng pasahero.
    hindi lang PUV - maraming private vehicle owners na ganito. marami mi ring PUV at PV drivers na mahilg bumuntot sa ambulance at firetrucks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    yup.. hindi lahat... at gaya ng sinabi ko dun sa nauna ko pang post, di natin alam kung ano ang nangyari talaga kung bakit nabangga....

pero nangyayari talaga na may mga nasasagi/sinasagi na sasakyan ang fire trucks pero malamang sa oo na makulit at matigas ulo sa kalye nung mga yun....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ako naman muntik ng tumbukin ng firetruck sa likod while cruising in EDSA. langya ang lapad ng EDSA ah muntik pa ko pano yung tangang taxi sa kanan ko instead na tumabi siya sa kanan, pa-cut pa siya sa way ko pakaliwa kaya hindi ako makatabi parang nananadya. ayun pag lampas ng fire truck sa kaliwa ko medyo ginitgit pa ko. sana siya yun

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The accident shouldn't have happened in the first place. Both parties are at fault here.

That is if the one driving the truck had training and is aware of the safety considerations when driving any emergency vehicle. The fire truck driver should have stopped when he arrived at an intersection with a negative right of way [emergency vehicles don't have "automatic" right of way; he should have signaled any vehicle blocking his way and other vehicles [by blowing his horn/sirens] to give way before crossing the intersection; he should consider first his safety and the safety of his crew; etc.

The taxi driver on the other hand shoud have move to the side or give way to the approaching emergency vehicles [which should be the case always, unfortunately this is not so here in the Philippines]. I believe that said vehicles had their light bars on and sirens blaring.

Conclusion: Both drivers are unaware of road regulations!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This should settle the pending issue:

Land Transportation and Traffic Code
    (Republic Act No. 4136, as amended)

Section 43. Exception to the right of way rule. — (a) The driver of a vehicle entering a highway from a private road or drive shall yield the right of way to all vehicles approaching on such highway.
    (b) The driver of a vehicle upon a highway shall yield the right of way to police or fire department vehicles and ambulances when such vehicles are operated on official business and the drivers thereof sound audible signal of their approach.
    (c) The driver of a vehicle entering a "through highway" or a "stop intersection" shall yield the right of way to all vehicles approaching to either direction on such "through highway": Provided, That nothing in this subsection shall be construed as relieving the driver of any vehicle being operated on a "through highway" from the duty of driving with due regard for the safety of vehicles entering such "through highway" nor as protecting the said driver from the consequence of an arbitrary exercise off such right of way.

Section 49. Right of way for police and other emergency vehicles. — Upon the approach of any police or fire department vehicle, or of an ambulance giving audible signal, the driver of every other vehicle shall immediately drive the same to a position as near as possible and parallel to the right-hand edge or curb of the highway, clear of any intersection of highways, and shall stop and remain in such position, unless otherwise directed by a peace officer, until such vehicle shall have passed.

In other words, when a police car, fire truck or ambulance (as well as other emergency vehicle) is operated (a) on official business and (b) the driver thereof sounds an audible signal of his approach, such vehicle obtains a right of way. All drivers of other vehicles are mandated by law (a) to immediately drive the same (their vehicles) to a position as near as possible and parallel to the right-hand edge or curb of the highway, (b) to clear any intersection of highways and (c) to stop and remain in such position, unless otherwise directed by a peace officer, until such vehicle shall have passed.

All drivers of other vehicles (as well as the owners and passengers of those vehicles) have no legal right to seek indemnity in case of damage or injury when they (the drivers of other vehicles) fail to comply with their legal obligation to clear the road, street or highway in the manner stated by law. This is because under such circumstance, the police car, fire truck or ambulance has the "right of way". It literally owns the road.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Taxi hit and run by firetruck...