New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Around 10:10 am. Saturday Oct 27, 2007

While traveling on SLEX towards Sucat exit., and already on the solid painted line divider exit lane. This reckless Beige 1st Gen Honda CRV WJE-970 just swerves inside my lane without any warning or signal lights and with very little gap bet. the large elf van infront of me and my vehicle. Since he just popped out of nowhere, I had to brake hard since I almost rear-ended him.

He should have not swerved inside my lane bec. if he remembers anything from his driver's license exam, solid painted line on the road means no crossing towards that lane.

If he really wanted to cross into the solid painted line lane then he should not be doing it abruptly without any warning. Turn your turn signal on you dimwit.

I always like to keep a little more than car's length allowance when driving esp. behind big vehicle that obstruct my front view, but it seems drivers use this as a sign for them to insert themselves into that space.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Madaming sasakyan dyan sa SLEX na lipat ng lipat ng lane na di gumagamit ng signal light.

Pinaka malalala na mag change lane ay mga bus. Kahit may sasakyan sa tabi nya, dahan dahan niyang pupuntahan ang lane na gusto nya tapos iyong nasa lane na pupuntahan ay ay either nag brake para iwasan siya o mag swerve sa ibang lane.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    buti nalang hindi ako yun.
    970 ang plate number ko but 2nd gen red crv... hehehe..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    its hard nga to drive without getting mad these days. what happen to drive defensively? the big and old vehicle (w/ nothing much to lose) do the bullying on our roads. i just hope that someday we will be like singapore where there's alot of hidden cameras so these no breeding guys will be apprehended.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    What can I say, you are driving in pinas!

Been here in the U.S. for over 17 years now. Used to drive there pero everytime uuwi ako, I was always scared to drive. Nasanay na ako sa disiplina and no busina

Get rid of corruption, impose hefty penalty, widen the roads, lessen the vehicles and maybe, maybe...magkaka disiplina ulit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    He should have not swerved inside my lane bec. if he remembers anything from his driver's license exam, solid painted line on the road means no crossing towards that lane.
    Sadly, this does not apply in the Philippines. The last time I saw this being followed was in Makati, when a traffic enforcer was manning the area.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Driving conditions here psychologically forces us to change from cool-headed folks to hot-headed drivers (well, not sure how many of us, but when you go on the road, that's proof enough).

That act of that "dimwit" or for any other offender could be minimized if only that Sucat exit has a dedicated E-Pass lane and an additional exit toll lane as well. At the moment dalawa lang e, kaya gahaba ng pila. Ginagawa ko tuloy e imbis na jan mag-exit e sa Bicutan exit na lang ako. Di baling lumampas ng onti kaysa masayang ang gas ko kaka-stop and go sa Sucat exit na yan.

*sigh... sorry kung SLEX lagi sinisisi ko. Kaya lang, sila talaga e. :tok2:
    Last edited by batang_raon14; October 29th, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

Swerving CRV WJE-970 at SLEX exit to Sucat