New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i agree kahit san naman meron uneducated drivers, mas halata lang sa slex. antayin nalang natin matapos lahat ng ginagawa (from alabang to calamba), im sure mag-iimplement din ng traffic laws dyan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know...

The south is full of truck drivers in the wrong lane, and people who don't know how to merge alternately when the road narrows, true...

But every time I go to Manila, I'm astounded at how bus drivers assholically swerve from the leftmost to the rightmost lane on EDSA... how cars will cut you off for no reason at the U-Turn, and how nobody can wait their turn in line...

C5 is usually insane, too.

Go further North, and Commonwealth is one gigantic demolition derby. IMHO, it was really stupid to make the road eight lanes wide... Buses zoom left and right, recklessly, people do the 100 meter dash across the road. Even with two whole lanes set aside for U-turners, jeeps will go left at the last minute, and people will merge right from the U-turns going at a snail's pace into 80 km/h traffic.

Go even further north and you have Manilenos mixing it up with northerners, truck and bus drivers careening down the left side of a two-lane two-way road, "kulig-ligs" and tricycles pulling straight out into traffic (and often getting killed), scooteristas about as bad as those down south.

Errh... so it's only us Southerners that are uneducated?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Errh... so it's only us Southerners that are uneducated?
    niky, i'm sure southerners are very much educated. i married one i think what the TS is referring to are the undisciplied and uneducated drivers using SLEX regardless where they come from...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i've driven on both sides a lot of times. not much difference. nagkalat ang 'uneducated motorists' sa pilipinas. gaano nga ba kahirap kumuha ng lisensya dito sa tin?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
South highways filled with uneducated motorists