New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by japeeps View Post
    update: kanina for some reason walang nag huhuli... pero distributed yung merging ng sasakyan before the flyover

result: walang traffic.. pero same lang ang speed ng sasakyan sa itaas ng flyover 30-40kph parehas lang kahapon pero sobrang traffic kase daming sumisingit..

lesson: if only people learn to think others rather than their own stupid reason of being late.. maganda sana... rather magturo kung sino at ano ang mali.. bakit di umpisahan ang tama sa sarili...

may isa palang makapal ang mukha towtruck ng mmda.. sya lang yung sumingit nung dumaan ako
    Not to dampen your hope and spirit, bro...

Nakabakasyon na ang mga sumisingit... Wait for next week...

21.4K:director:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    ^^ true! really poor design that promotes motorists to be undisciplined.

you are either given a choice na pumila at malate vs. sumingit at hindi malate.
    3rd choice: gumising ng maaga para kung abutin man ng traffic ay hindi ma-late.
    4th choice: lumipat ng bahay na malapit sa workplace at hindi maubos ang buhay sa traffic.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I still think one of the main issues here is that most Pinoys are generally dumb in merging lanes, plus the attitude na mahilig sumingit.

Sobrang obvious to sa Kalayaan elevated u-turns northbound (another dumb idea, this area of C5 was so wide before and the traffic was more bearable northbound with the stoplights than what it is today) and all other crowded places where there's a need for you to merge lanes.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by japeeps View Post
    update: kanina for some reason walang nag huhuli... pero distributed yung merging ng sasakyan before the flyover

result: walang traffic.. pero same lang ang speed ng sasakyan sa itaas ng flyover 30-40kph parehas lang kahapon pero sobrang traffic kase daming sumisingit..

lesson: if only people learn to think others rather than their own stupid reason of being late.. maganda sana... rather magturo kung sino at ano ang mali.. bakit di umpisahan ang tama sa sarili...

may isa palang makapal ang mukha towtruck ng mmda.. sya lang yung sumingit nung dumaan ako
    kinda a dog-eat-dog world on our streets. kung hindi ka hustler mag maneho, paniguradong late ka. people would always think of themselves first before anyone else. i always say, there should be a good system in place na kahit mga matalino, bopols, may malasakit at maton, eh chaos would be avoided.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This morning, it took me 20mins to get from Lanuza to the end of the flyover.
    The cause?

As I reached the peak of the flyover, merong beige na VIOS sa right lane na saksakan ng bagal ng andar! Nakabukas yung window niya tapos nakalabas pa yung elbow ng driver. The driver was mid-20ish. Hindi naman siya naka cellphone. Trip lang niya magmaneho ng 20kph sa flyover.
    Lahat tuloy ng nasa right lane, nagpupumilit sumingit sa left lane. Nung nalagpasan ko na yung VIOS na yon, wala nang traffic all the way to BGC.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I still think one of the main issues here is that most Pinoys are generally dumb in merging lanes, plus the attitude na mahilig sumingit.
    I agree here.

- Driver's don't know how to practice proper merging (i.e. zipper merging). At times when they do give way, I noticed that a lot of drivers still have this habit of continuing to move their car slowly, even if they are allowing another car to get ahead. The result is the other car tends to slow down some more instead of him switching lanes faster and thus traffic slows down some more.

- Drivers who stick to the proper lanes in choke points don't know how to position their cars defensively. If someone is breaking the line and cutting in, the tendency of the driver on the proper lane is to move his car away from the cutting vehicle. Yes he will get ahead of the offending vehicle but in turn, the vehicle following behind is compromised and ends up getting cut, and the line slows down again. All one has to do is to hold his ground on his lane and keep his car pointing straight when someone is cutting in; in most cases, they will have a harder time cutting in and the car behind will also be able to hold his ground.

Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Sobrang obvious to sa Kalayaan elevated u-turns northbound (another dumb idea, this area of C5 was so wide before and the traffic was more bearable northbound with the stoplights than what it is today) and all other crowded places where there's a need for you to merge lanes.
    If ever BF was convicted for any crime, his punishment would be to drive around those u-turn flyovers all day long with an unwashed pink urinal on his passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    kinda a dog-eat-dog world on our streets. kung hindi ka hustler mag maneho, paniguradong late ka. people would always think of themselves first before anyone else. i always say, there should be a good system in place na kahit mga matalino, bopols, may malasakit at maton, eh chaos would be avoided.
    Sad but true. I've countered this by leaving for work early and knowing what lanes to take on my daily route. I'm not a perfect motorist who abides by all rules but i do drive defensively and at the same time, i keep in mind not to inconvenience the car next to me and try to keep traffic flow smooth.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If ever BF was convicted for any crime, his punishment would be to drive around those u-turn flyovers all day long with an unwashed pink urinal on his passenger seat.
    Hahaha! I like this.

Not wishing for a big quake to strike Metro Manila, but when it does (knock on wood), I hope the Kalayaan elevated u-turns would be the first to give way so that we can rebuild the C5- Kalayaan intersection from scratch (properly, I hope).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Source of traffic sa C5 mga ASBU.

Pati sa EDSA source of traffic din yan. Cubao, Shaw, Santolan flyover, etc., mga sisingit pag malapit na sa flyover lalo na mga bus.

AGREE!!!... humaharang talaga sila...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Leading up to that portion of C5 I tend to keep all the way to the left once past the u turn slots. Slower overall, but far less stressful than playing the lane boxing match trying to merge, or against other vehicles trying to merge into the middle lane.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Leading up to that portion of C5 I tend to keep all the way to the left once past the u turn slots. Slower overall, but far less stressful than playing the lane boxing match trying to merge, or against other vehicles trying to merge into the middle lane.
    Same here. I leave early and relax lang on the left lane. If i'm in a hurry, i take the rightmost lane then go under the Bagong Ilog flyover.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast