New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    mukhang mahilig nga sa ahas yung dalagita

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    muka ngang pinalaki lang ..... di naman syempre ilalagay ng zoo owner sa visitors kung may kamagdag yung ahas.

Pero sa manila zoo ay di pwedeng makakagat yung ahas dahil parang naka tape or tahi yung bibig nya.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph View Post
    muka ngang pinalaki lang ..... di naman syempre ilalagay ng zoo owner sa visitors kung may kamagdag yung ahas.

Pero sa manila zoo ay di pwedeng makakagat yung ahas dahil parang naka tape or tahi yung bibig nya.
    Bos kung ganun po paano nila pinapakain ang ahas na tahi ang bibig?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    blender saka straw

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Her finger was bloodied so I quickly ask where the clinic was located. I saw
    a sign that read Hospital/Quarantine, I quicky open the door but found
    nothing inside but some cages and two people talking. I ask if there's a
    doctor there and they said none. Then the king snake handler came over
    and directed us to follow him. I thought we would be brought to a
    clinic. To my dismay, we were brought to a dirty pantry full of flies.
    And the handler administered Betadine to my daughter's finger, which was
    stored in a soy sauce gallon container. A park with no clinic, no doctor
    and no medicine.
    Totoo kaya ito? Kung totoo, mukha nga namang hindi tama.....

Is it required by law to maintain a clinic (doctor/nurse?) sa ganitong establishment?

5101:pcwhack:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    judging from the video. a snake that small wont causee excessive bleeding. unless may nakagat na major na daluyan ng dugo.cartilage at balat and muscle lang malamang ang maaabutan nya dun at blood vessels...baka OA lang si mr Liao. bantayan na lang nya dalagita nya baka dyan mag start yun fascination nya w snakes! patay

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The latest from the news...

From the Manila Standard Today website, 1/14/08:

Zoo faces closure due to snakebite
    By Gigi Muñoz David

Pasig City Mayor Robert Eusebio wants to close down the Arc Avilon Zoo in Ortigas Center if it is shown to have ignored guidelines to ensure the safety of visitors.

He said he was taking action amid reports that a child was bitten by an Albino King Snake last Jan. 5.

“If they fail to adopt safety measures for their patrons, we may have to have it closed,” he said.

Eusebio wrote a letter to Avilon’s operator to explain how the facilities are secured to prevent a repeat of the incident.

He said the zoo opened Nov. 30 last year in time for the holidays after securing a business permit from city hall.

A pro-nature advocate with his Green Pasig campaign, Eusebio ordered Racquel Naciongayo, the chief of the City Environment and Natural Resources Office, to check if the zoo had violated any provision of the environmental law on the custody and display of animals.

He said any permit or license issued could be canceled or revoked if warranted.

Earlier, a parent of the alleged victim circulated a “hate e-mail” against the zoo in Frontera Verde.

The writer, identifying himself as Jerry Liao claimed that there neither was a doctor nor a clinic to attend to his daughters bleeding finger.

“To my dismay, we were brought to a dirty pantry full of flies. And the handler administered Betadine to my daughter’s finger, which was stored in a soy sauce gallon container,” he stated in his letter.

Unsatisfied with the first-aid procedure, Liao said he brought her daughter to a hospital.

“Thank God that the king snake was a non-venomous one. But the doctors wanted to be sure so they gave my daughter an anti-tetanus drug and asked her to take antibiotics for seven days.”

Liao said that he texted the owners of the said zoo whom he identified as Jake and Tina Gaw about the incident and received a reply that was less than reassuring.

“Jerry, if that’s how bad you felt, I respect your personal feelings concerning the incident. I wish she [Jerry’s daughter] could have been more careful in handling the snake or other pets as well especially this one is exotic. Even tame ones like rabbit, tortoise, mouse, pig bite when they felt hurt or frighten when not properly handled. And it is really sad when you felt it became a horrible issue,” quoting the couple’s answer.

Liao said the highlight of the zoo visit was for patrons being allowed to touch the orangutans, donkeys, parrots, eagles, rabbits, tortoise and snakes.

Wow. Wala pang investigation as to how the incident happened and yet there's already a show cause notice from city hall. Dapat maglagay ata ng security cam ang Avilon para magkaalaman kung sino ang merong responsibilidad.
    Last edited by boybi; January 15th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mga politiko talaga oo...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Talagang pet at your own risk ang situation na ito. There should have been a greater degree of care on the "victims".

Anak ng kapit bahay namin nakagat ng Rotweiler namin kasi nga pumasok sa compound namin without telling us beforehand. I couldn't blame my dog because she just had pups and was just reacting naturally to protect her lair.

Binatukan ata nuung bata yung ulo ng aso . Aside from the fact that all our dogs are vaccinated, buti nalang hindi nag-lock yung jaw ng aso kundi .

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ano kaya pag pinisil ng daughter nya yun donkey, baka tumalsik yun

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Snake Bite Story at the Arc of Avilon at Tiendesitas