New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    mabilis magfade ang paint ng mga new rizal plates. a plate cover prevents this.

natutupi accidentally yung front plates kung matamaan ng mga pedestrians. a plate cover prevents this.
    just wondering how come nafa-fade ang rizal plates nyo? i have a 2001 car with rizal plates and it is still ok. Washing my car almost every other day..

hitting your plate by a pedestrian will not cause much damage that simple pliers cannot fix..

my point is.. if the government says that all sorts of covers is illegal..then it is illegal.. no other interpretations needed .. if you feel that the rizal plate's paint is inferior and fades..then I think this is what we should be telling LTO to fix.. if your cars sticker gets torn my vandals, then request for another one from LTO.. plain and simple..

lastly, dont we have a sticky on plate covers in good squad?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Pulis po ba or MAPSA yung nangpara sa inyo? AFAIK kasi, di nalalagyan ang MAPSA dahil masyado malaki ang benefits nila sa Makati.
    nahuli ako dati ng MAPSA or Pulis makati ata. naka-blue e. no left turn kasi ako. pero nung nakita calling card sa license ko, sinoli, sumaludo, sabay sabi ng "ingat po kayo ser". at hindi calling card ni pareng jejomar yun. ang yabang ko talaga. hehe. gusto ko lang i-share to. medyo OT. mali ginagawa ko, pero im just using my resources.
    Last edited by aceshark; March 12th, 2007 at 08:04 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    First of all, kung MAPSA yun, hindi sila "Police"...the PNP law mandates the exclusive term of the word "Police" to uniformed members of the Philippine National Police (but CMIIW).

2nd, kung talagang clear yung plate, then there should be no hair-splitting on this matter. The fact that the MAPSA contested the color/shade seems to me that it does have a particular shade. Not unless ignoramus talaga yung taga-MAPSA or out to make a quick buck. Pero if you contest it naman sa adjudication board, I'm sure panalo ka (kung talagang clear yung plaka mo).

I have a clear cover plate (sa likod lang) on one of my rides, and I've been to Makati several times. Ni minsan hindi ako nasita, and the MAPSA were all around me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: a Cayenne S is NOT more expensive than a Lambo Diablo. even a used Diablo

anyway, ganyan talaga ang traffic enforcement. whether or not you have a different interpretation of the law, or if it is ambiguous, panalo lagi ang interpretation ng enforcer. i've had the same issue with aftermarket equipment and window tints.

if you disagree, i suppose you can contest the interpretation of the ruling in court, but most people don't bother.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark View Post
    nahuli ako dati ng MAPSA or Pulis makati ata. naka-blue e. no left turn kasi ako. pero nung nakita calling card sa license ko, sinoli, sumaludo, sabay sabi ng "ingat po kayo ser". at hindi calling card ni pareng jejomar yun. ang yabang ko talaga. hehe. gusto ko lang i-share to. medyo OT. mali ginagawa ko, pero im just using my resources.
    That's a very subtle way of avoiding the hassle, and not contributing to their corruption (if ever man)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    2nd, kung talagang clear yung plate, then there should be no hair-splitting on this matter. The fact that the MAPSA contested the color/shade seems to me that it does have a particular shade. Not unless ignoramus talaga yung taga-MAPSA or out to make a quick buck. Pero if you contest it naman sa adjudication board, I'm sure panalo ka (kung talagang clear yung plaka mo).

I have a clear cover plate (sa likod lang) on one of my rides, and I've been to Makati several times. Ni minsan hindi ako nasita, and the MAPSA were all around me.
    Bingo!

We also have plate covers on all our rides. It helps keep them straight and in one piece. The plate covers we're using are the sandwich type (no color, and no stainless steel border). I work in Makati, and so far haven't been pulled over by MAPSA for it. Perhaps swerte lang na walang gustong mag-trip. Or perhaps coz wala silang masabing may konting kulay.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    just wondering how come nafa-fade ang rizal plates nyo? i have a 2001 car with rizal plates and it is still ok. Washing my car almost every other day..

hitting your plate by a pedestrian will not cause much damage that simple pliers cannot fix..

my point is.. if the government says that all sorts of covers is illegal..then it is illegal.. no other interpretations needed .. if you feel that the rizal plate's paint is inferior and fades..then I think this is what we should be telling LTO to fix.. if your cars sticker gets torn my vandals, then request for another one from LTO.. plain and simple..

lastly, dont we have a sticky on plate covers in good squad?
    Pliers cannot restore a bent plate to its old condition. Once it is bent, there will be mark (line) left behind. 99.9% guaranteed.

I myself use clear plate covers. It doesn't make my plate number any harder to read, if anything, it even makes my plates easier to read because it looks so much cleaner. I have been using it for three (3) months already, and not even once have I been stopped.

PS: I live, work and drive mostly in Makati. AFAIK, dito pinakamahigpit.

don't wash your plates or car with a detergent, it will fade, a car shampoo will do ok.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post

once, yes. several times, magkakapunit yan sa may fold... like mine. that's also why i bought clear plexiglass covers. thinner and less visible.
    Last edited by caloyski5; March 12th, 2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added info
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala bang plate number protector para sa may mga euro or jap plates... :hihihi:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Smoke plate glass daw...