New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    ang alam ko madami ganyan pag Sunday tapos tawag ko sa kanila Sunday club

sobrang bagal pero pag akmang uunahan mo i-slant na nila tsikot nila.

what i do is I still attempt to overtake them tapos ako naman babagal tapos papa-overtakin ko lang sila sa shoulder kung kelan malapit na sa jeep. kung magbangaan man sila ng unloading/loading jeepney sa sobra gusto nya makaganti sa'kin, that's 2 birds in 1 stone
    tama yan!

basta you have the engine power, unahan mo na and harangan mo sa harap. then kapag nag-oovertake na, bilisan mo, or if galit na galit ka talaga, harangan mo siya and make sure he stays sa left lane, na hindi siya makabalik sa lane either in front or behind you. hehehe

pati na yung mga jeep na tumitigil sa gitna ng kalsada.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    didn't you guys know na nakakabawas ng pagkalalaki yung nao-overtake an? :rofl01: baka hindi na siya makahanap ng GF niyan, kaya pinagtatanggol niya yung kanyang manhood

Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    ang alam ko madami ganyan pag Sunday tapos tawag ko sa kanila Sunday club

sobrang bagal pero pag akmang uunahan mo i-slant na nila tsikot nila.

what i do is I still attempt to overtake them tapos ako naman babagal tapos papa-overtakin ko lang sila sa shoulder kung kelan malapit na sa jeep. kung magbangaan man sila ng unloading/loading jeepney sa sobra gusto nya makaganti sa'kin, that's 2 birds in 1 stone
    so mandadamay ka pa ng mga inosente na pasakay o pababa ng jeep? galing!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Madami talagang nagkalat na siraulong driver dito sa Pinas, hindi kasi tama ang pagbigay ng driving license dito, basta may pambayad ayos na. Madalas alam na ng mga sira ulong driver na nagkamali sila, mayabang pa pumorma, kala nila macho sila, di nila alam TANGA sila. Sana kunin na silang lahat ni Lord

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    didn't you guys know na nakakabawas ng pagkalalaki yung nao-overtake an? :rofl01: baka hindi na siya makahanap ng GF niyan, kaya pinagtatanggol niya yung kanyang manhood

so mandadamay ka pa ng mga inosente na pasakay o pababa ng jeep? galing!
    ok lang siyempre yung bumaba ng jeep, pero tumabi lang man sana. yung iba kasi, nasa middle lane nagbababa eh. dun ako naiinis. :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

I had an experience about this a few nights ago.

I had just turned into Araneta Ave. from Quezon Ave. on my way home when there's this slow moving almost brand spanking new white Honda Accord. When I tried to get ahead of him, he sped up.

Since I was aware of what his intentions are, I slowed down to see what would happen. True enough, he slowed down again. So what I did was blast him full brights but thought twice about using my spotlights on him.

When he was busy with another slow moving vehicle, I was already passing him on the passenger side as that was the only lane free.

He tried to close in on me to see if I would stop, I held my ground and just watched him come close. I guess reality set in for him when my side rails and steps grew larger as he closed in. The schmuck backed off when he realized I wasn't going to budge.

What a loser. Guess his dad pays for the bills.

As for PUJs, when they try to bully me by swerving into my lane, I bump their spare tire with my ARB winch bar with side rails and that usually makes them back off. Same goes for buses but they usually get the hint before I mark them.

Sometimes this is the only language these *$$holes understand. So better to communicate with them in ways they can understand.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    dati nung bago pa lang ako sa driving, medyo mabagal ako... then kapag inoovertake-an na ako, parang i get conscious na im driving to slow and i have to go with the flow so i speed up while the guy is overtaking...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    andaming ganyang drivers. nakakaasar talaga pag ganyan ang oovertake-an mo. lalo na pag 2 lane road lang. mabibitin ka sa bwelo mo pag bigla siyang nagaccelerate.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Just wondering..... What is the official speed limit at that street seeing that it's in a residential area. I remember riding with a friend at BF Homes Paranaque long ago*. We were going pretty slow even though there wasn't much traffic at all.

*Those trees were probably just saplings back then.

I deliberately did not answer this, because I needed to verify if there are street signs in the village, defining the max speed allowed. There was none.

Anyway, Aguirre Avenue, which becomes President's Avenue once you exit the main gate of BF on the south side is a 4-lane thoroughfare (2 lanes for each way).

So I guess, doing 55KPH to 60KPH is acceptable, probably a bit faster since it is early morning and traffic was just building up. 35KPH is just too slow, especially since the driver was occupying the left (inner) lane.

5808:bee:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I deliberately did not answer this, because I needed to verify if there are street signs in the village, defining the max speed allowed. There was none.

Anyway, Aguirre Avenue, which becomes President's Avenue once you exit the main gate of BF on the south side is a 4-lane thoroughfare (2 lanes for each way).

So I guess, doing 55KPH to 60KPH is acceptable, probably a bit faster since it is early morning and traffic was just building up. 35KPH is just too slow, especially since the driver was occupying the left (inner) lane.
    The Honda driver's still wrong, of course. But, the lack of speed limit signs is certainly something that needs to be addressed either by the city, BF Homes, or the Home Owner's Association. A case study should be done to see what the proper speed limit should be.

I always remembered the speed limit there as 40 kph because that's what everybody used to do over there, at least around where Tropical Palace used to be.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    speed limit signs, meron ba ganito sa Pilipinas? hehehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Slow Moving Vehicle, Pag Overtake Mo,- Biglang Makikipagkarera