New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    in my opinion, marami lang talaga ang driver na hindi alam ang proper speed limit along city roads... But honestly, ang nakakainis eh ung mga jeepney na papara sa gitna, then haharurot ba na magugulat ka bila na gigitgitan ka na nananadya ba... pati ung mga driver na di kasama amo nila na kung magmaneho ng sasakyan eh walang pakialam sa sasakyan, pati sa mga kasabay sa daan, kasi hindi sa kanila, tapos pagnabanga, sory lang sasabihin nila

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ako din, mabagal lang ako to save GAS, below 2k rpm lang ako, lalo na pag sobra umaga

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    ako din, mabagal lang ako to save GAS, below 2k rpm lang ako, lalo na pag sobra umaga
    Ok lang ito, just as long as stay on the rightmost lane. If one-lane lang ang available and you see cars piling up behind you, sorry but you have to speed it up a bit.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    This is pretty selfish. It is common road courtesy to let faster vehicles pass especially if they have explicitly signalled their intention to do so (that's what the 'flash to pass' function of your headlamps are for!) and it is safe to execute a pass at the given moment.

Sarap siguro mag-drive ng walking speed sa harap mo just to exercise my 'freedom'. hehehe.

I'm not posting this because I drive fast. I'm posting this because I have been driving some of the slowest vehicles available in the market for the past 10 years and I know how and when to let others pass in a safe and courteous manner.
    First how can you define a slow moving vehicle? A vehicle running at 60 km per hr is still slow for vehicles running at 120 Km per hr. But again a vehicle running at 120 km per hr is still too slow for a vehicle that is running at 180 km per hr.

I agree with proper lanes when in an express way which defines limit per lane. Talagang kailangan dun ka sa linya mo, per on a 2 way road I don't think na dahil mas mabilis ang nasa likod eh dapat tumabi sa shoulder ang mabagal para lang makaraan ang mabilis na sasakyan.

Wala tayong batas na nagtatadhana na bawal ang mabagal ang magmaneho pero hindi rin naman bawal ang mag overtake. Hindi naman makakasuhan ng obstruction ang sasakyan na mabagal ang takbo.

Yan ang hirap satin eh porke mas bata o mas malakas ang sasakyan ng isa, gusto na mag yield ang mahina o mas luma.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa NLEX, they defined the innermost lane as overtaking lane. So it is supposed to be used for overtaking only. Sa SLEX or any other multi-lane road, dapat ganito rin dapat.

Not because some one is traveling at the posted speed limit of 100 Kph, that person has no right to stay in the overtaking lane, unless that person is doing an overtaking maneuver.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    First how can you define a slow moving vehicle?
    I was referring to cars driving with the average speed of 20kph within the city, staying in the leftmost lane, or in a single lane but with a clear road ahead of them while some cars are piled behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    Yan ang hirap satin eh porke mas bata o mas malakas ang sasakyan ng isa, gusto na mag yield ang mahina o mas luma.

Being the threadstarter (and the one to rant), I drive a 2005 1.3 Honda Jazz. I am 40+ years old and the cars that are driving slower are mostly newer or the same age as mine. So basically your observation does not apply at least here.

Habol ko lang ay dapat ang mga tao, dapat ugaliin na di sila magiging perwisyo sa mga ibang tao, be it sa kalsada or kung anuman yun.

Look at the behavior of people in HK or Japan. When they ride the escalator, they always stick to one side lang, usually the left. The right lane is there for people who are in a hurry or who walks faster than yourself.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can get charged with obstruction on the highway.

On the SLEX, you can be caught for underspeeding and obstructing the left lane. They rarely enforce it anymore, but it's a rule... left lane for overtaking only. Minimum speed for the SLEX is 60 km/h, and 80 km/h for the Skyway.

They used to be stricter, but nowadays, the enforcement unit only practices MMDA-style "traps" to catch people using the shoulder, and, (rarely), go after trucks with no lights. They don't often enforce the other rules (speeding, underspeeding, left-lane trolling) anymore.

I'm pretty sure they have the same rule on the NLEX. The fact that many people move aside for you there means that it's enforced occassionally.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can get charged with obstruction on the highway.

On the SLEX, you can be caught for underspeeding and obstructing the left lane. They rarely enforce it anymore, but it's a rule... left lane for overtaking only. Minimum speed for the SLEX is 60 km/h, and 80 km/h for the Skyway.

They used to be stricter, but nowadays, the enforcement unit only practices MMDA-style "traps" to catch people using the shoulder, and, (rarely), go after trucks with no lights. They don't often enforce the other rules (speeding, underspeeding, left-lane trolling) anymore.

I'm pretty sure they have the same rule on the NLEX. The fact that many people move aside for you there means that it's enforced occassionally.
    You get charged with obstruction if you park your vehicle on the road, even on highways. For going behind the prescribed speed you get charged with under speeding. You are right they are not strict on implementation of these rules : When I am using my owner type jeep I can only run at 40 km per hr at NLEX but I haven't been stopped for under speeding.

They are more strict in over speeding and using the shoulder to overtake.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala tayong batas na nagtatadhana na bawal ang mabagal ang magmaneho pero hindi rin naman bawal ang mag overtake
    If you want to be a lawyer about it, go ahead.

That's why it's called COURTESY.

Ang hirap sa Pilipino, hindi magpapatalo, naka-tricycle pero ayaw palusutin yung naka-sportscar. hehehe. Parang sa mga highway samin sa Bulacan.
    Heirarchy on the road is not isolated to the Philippines. It happens everywhere. That's just the way it is. It's not about pride, power, or your abilities in bed. It's just courteous to let faster vehicles pass instead of letting them bunch up behind you. Go to U.S., when I'm puttering around town in a shitty minivan and I see an E350 Super Crew getting larger on my side mirror, I let him pass. In Germany, there is also a heirarchy on the Autobahn.

When I'm towing a trailer with my former Pajero (my current vehicle still has no towing facility) at 60kph on the national highway (in my case the DRT highway heading towards Nueva Ecija) and I know the Honda SiR behind me can blow my doors off, I let him pass. I don't have to pull over and stop, you just have to make it easier for the faster vehicle to pass (e.g. by moving nearer to the shoulder and away from the median, not driving faster while the other vehicle is overtaking, and/or by explicitly signalling your intention to pass via a hand signal or flashing your right hand turn signal).

Habol ko lang ay dapat ang mga tao, dapat ugaliin na di sila magiging perwisyo sa mga ibang tao, be it sa kalsada or kung anuman yun.
    Tumpak.

Look at the behavior of people in HK or Japan. When they ride the escalator, they always stick to one side lang, usually the left. The right lane is there for people who are in a hurry or who walks faster than yourself.
    Ganito din ako sa escalator. Pero sa Pinas, you have to be on the right side and people will pass you on the left because left hand drive tayo dito. I dont' really care if about 90% of the Filipino people don't know about it. Maybe I'll get brownie points for trying and it makes it easier for me when I'm in another country since I'm already accustomed to the practice.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    And another thing na hindi ko rin maintindihan, iyong mga sasakyan na napakalaki ng mags iyong tipong ang tires eh super low profile na(5" to half an inch na lang ang aspect ratio). Akalain ninyo ba naman napaka bagal magpatakbo kahit meron lang kakatitiing na lubak or humps. Iyan yung mga taong walang consideration sa ibang drivers, ang alam lang eh mag-set up ng auto nila tapos idrive sa Metro na alam nila na malala ang kalsada, and super magmabagal kung magdrive; as a result sila ang nag-cacause ng traffic.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Slow Moving Cars