New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep.
    medyo maganda na and malapad na slex.
    pag natapos na din yung calamba toll exits, bibilis na din siguro dun.
    yung alabang-sucat-bicutan area na lang talaga ang matraffic due to skyway construction.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jappy View Post
    yung alabang-sucat-bicutan area na lang talaga ang matraffic due to skyway construction.
    Yeah I'm really hoping for that to finish. That's more complaint-worthy than the toll hike IMHO, because the Bicutan-Alabang leg is just a huge accident waiting to happen. It's chaos out there especially on the southbound portion - too many lane markings not making sense.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    isa pang pinuputok ng buchi ko bukod sa traffic at di matapos na construction obstacles sa SLEX bago sila magpatupad ng increase ay tamang enforcement ng road rules! in particular LANE DISCIPLINE!

halos araw araw ako dumadaan at walang isang araw na may malaking truck lalo nang mga bus na mag-cut sa harap mo. di man lang makasignal. yang mga pasaherong bus swerve ng swerve akala mo may babaan at sakayan sa loob ng SLEX. tapos mga auto yung iba bulokis pa na kwarenta takbo pero todo babad sa overtaking o innermost lane maski ilawan mo parang tuod na walang napapansin. napakaluwag naman ng next 4 right lanes over pwersado ka tuloy sa kanan um-overtake at least sa NLEX mas madalas may nakakaintindi nito maski bus nagbibigay sa fast lane. isa pang bwisit ako yung mga straddling between two lanes! imbes na dalwang auto makadaan nagiging isa nalang tuloy na ho-hold up pa at bumabagal yung traffic sa likod.

na alala ko tuloy yung mercedes na spriter van na nasakyan ko dati sa autostrada sa italy 150km/h na takbo pero maski anong luwag ng kalye never sa kanan overtake maski libre. pull out ka lagi sa kaliwa muna tska pansin na pansin mo mas mabilis yun takbo ng auto uniformly sa overtaking lane kaysa 3 lanes sa kanan. haay...

sorry for the long winded post nakakainis lang isipin yung toll hike pero hilaw naman ang discarte nila.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The beef I have with paying higher toll for the SLEX is... what kind of service are they providing that they want us to pay twice the toll the NLEX charges?

Seriously?

The road is wider and smoother now... but the earliest built sections are starting to buckle and deform. Try driving over the "washboard" between Southwoods and Susana Heights (northbound) and you'll see what I mean. That area is bad enough that I've seen one bus simply lose control there in the wet, because tires skip so badly over the surface.

And when they block off lanes... instead of having warning signs up to half-a-kilometer ahead, with a blinking signboard, like they do on the NLEX, they have orange cones just fifty meters in front of terrified workers standing unprotected in the middle of the highway.

The ones in charge of modernization and construction haven't a clue what they're doing. Look at the NLEX. They've got wide gates, and extra wide gates set aside for trucks.

At several SLEX exits, they've had to build, rebuild, and re-rebuild the new gates because they're too narrow for trucks. Dozens of those concrete barriers bear numerous marks of damage even before completion, because they're all designed wrong. And even when they get it right... who's the idiot who decided to build the gates on a curve, where they would be difficult for trucks and buses to enter in the first place? So they build one set of temporary gates. Build the permanent ones. Find out the permanent ones are impossible for trucks to get through... then they have to widen the entire area and rebuild a new set of gates where the temporary ones were, using the first set of permanent ones as their new "temporary" gates.

I've had to sit behind trucks for what felt like hours as the driver turned in... found out the gate was too narrow... had to back out diagonally across two lanes to try to get a straight shot, and still hit the concrete curbs. Other truck drivers just back out completely and drive on the grassy shoulder.

So they're spending three times as much on construction as they should, because they keep ****ing it up. And they want to pass the price for their incompetence on to the consumers? To hell with that.

Normally, I'm against selling of national assets to foreigners... but I'll be happy as a clam if they sell the entire SLEX to the Koreans, as they're doing the Skyway.

Last edited by niky; June 4th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah, seems di maganda planning and design sa slex. and the washboard - 2nd lane from the left, if we're talking about the same thing - between san pedro and susana heights has been there since the start. di nag-degrade yung surface, di talaga maganda finish nung daan.

pero even if slex has been widened, i still get stuck behind slow moving vehicles driving side by side on all four lanes! madami pa ayaw umalis sa passing lane kahit mag flash or mag busina ka.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Magtataas na ba sila?

Wish ko lang taasan nila ang speed limit. sana 120kph max manlang tapos minimum 90kph. Tapos yung mga nagtitipid sa gas don kayo sa rightmost lane kasi ambabagal niyo nakakaabala kayo. Napapa ala-Paul Walker ako dahil sa bagal niyo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Magtataas na ba sila?

Wish ko lang taasan nila ang speed limit. sana 120kph max manlang tapos minimum 90kph. Tapos yung mga nagtitipid sa gas don kayo sa rightmost lane kasi ambabagal niyo nakakaabala kayo. Napapa ala-Paul Walker ako dahil sa bagal niyo.
    100kph lang max for safety. 90kph for minimum nman ay masyado mabilis parin.not all motorist nagmamadali tulod mo.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbyrider View Post
    100kph lang max for safety. 90kph for minimum nman ay masyado mabilis parin.not all motorist nagmamadali tulod mo.
    Sorry po mali nga suggestion ko. Drive Safe.

Wag naman sana sila humarang sa overtaking lane. Minsan takbong 80 andon sila sa left most lane.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    The fastest lane in the SLEX is the one next to the outermost lane. The overtaking lane is full of slow folks.

Gawd, the NLEX toll fees are way cheaper than today's SLEX fees. P60something through the NLEX vs P80something through the SLEX for the same distance. How much more could they jack up?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    The fastest lane in the SLEX is the one next to the outermost lane. The overtaking lane is full of slow folks.

Gawd, the NLEX toll fees are way cheaper than today's SLEX fees. P60something through the NLEX vs P80something through the SLEX for the same distance. How much more could they jack up?
    I suggest that you contact them and tell them your thoughts just as you shared here. Then maybe they would fix or solve your problems, than just ranting here but not telling them whats up.. Just saying it could be a greater help to all of us.. =]
    I'm not connected to SLEX, and I'm not defending them at all.. I just find it productive if you tell them the problems straight on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
slex toll fee hike