New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung minsan talaga yan pa mga kano ang kuripot. naka dalawa na kami ini-entertain na ganyan. halagang P200 na t-shirt, pinanghihinayangan. pina-buy back niya 2002 Expedition nya for 970k, parang lalo sya nalugi dun ah.

in a way naisahan nga sya ng Ford alabang, parang pinagpalit niya Exped niya sa Everest hahahahaha

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    in a way naisahan nga sya ng Ford alabang, parang pinagpalit niya Exped niya sa Everest hahahahaha
    Based on fireblade's stories, I'd say he screwed himself.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kung minsan talaga yan pa mga kano ang kuripot. naka dalawa na kami ini-entertain na ganyan. halagang P200 na t-shirt, pinanghihinayangan. pina-buy back niya 2002 Expedition nya for 970k, parang lalo sya nalugi dun ah.

Don't you think P970t for trading-in an 02 Expedition is reasonable? Also, please note that he wanted to sell his Expedition because of his imagined decree that gas-guzzlers will be taxed even more.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're selling to the casa, you're not getting full price. They have to make up their margin when reselling it.

They could possibly sell a three year old Expedition for around 1.2 or 1.3 million, but no way are they going to buy it for that much.

You only sell to the casa if you're desperate for a trade in and need approval for financing right now... otherwise, you go for a private sell.

So... 970k pesos from a dealership isn't bad.

And he's the one who wrangled with them, got a test drive, a free new rear differential, and financing. And he's using his unit... which is being financed, as black propaganda against Ford....

weird guy. Almost weird enough to belong here. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    Don't you think P970t for trading-in an 02 Expedition is reasonable? Also, please note that he wanted to sell his Expedition because of his imagined decree that gas-guzzlers will be taxed even more.

what can we expect from Casas? hehehe they earn profit from brand new, they earn profit from servicing your vehicle, and then they'd price their own 2nd hand product as if it was a plague. more than 50% off for a 2002 Exped! grabe din mang-isa ang Casa na ito. it's as if they are contributing to the fast depreciation & market value of their own Ford vehicles products just because of their own selfish interests.

I assumed yun 2k2 Exped niya eh yun new body na. Talk about one-sided. well, I guess this is true for any CASA other than Ford, they're just ..... oh well, Capitalists! hehehe

dont get me wrong ha ... we own a Ford Explorer EB. and we love our Ford so much. ang nakakainis lang eh sobrang American kung mag-market yan mga taga Ford Casa, "american-suv, built tough, luxurious, prestigious, hi-resale value etc....." tapos pagdating sa 2nd hand, lumalabas ang pagkabaratan Pinoy na!

in the end, makiki-ride on din pala sa public perception na costly ang gas guzzler vehicle hence they'll buy back low.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's just a fact of life. Selling back to the casa is like selling to a secondhand car dealer... they'll always give you below market value. They're not into the business to lose money, y'know.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    given na naman talaga. but out of delikadeza, dapat they shouldn't buy back in behalf of Ford Philippines. they're a dealer I agree, and they're in it for the money lang, walang ng iba pa.

sana man lang out of business ethics eh magtayo sila ng 3rd party dummy company kung mag-eengage sila sa pawnshop-like or surplus 2nd hand-like biz of devaluating your item hehehe. at least the trail is not so easy to sniff.

come to think of it, Amerkano pa pala yan kausap nila, pero binarat nila Pinoy style ... eh pano pa kaya kung Pinoy?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A lot of dealerships trade in secondhand cars, but it's the salespeople themselves doing the trading, haggling and mark-ups.

Some of them also have contacts with third party companies.

I don't know if this is dishonest, but hey... who said selling cars was an honest business in the first place?

Pero dapat nga siguro i-follow nila yung certified-pre-owned style ng BMW. Would make much more business sense. Ford Alabang, though, buys anything for trade ins (including the odd BMW, by the way... weird!) and advertises it for sale.

Hehe... the guy just hustled himself by buying the vehicle even after test-driving it. He should've gotten an Explorer.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dang, can't get MR BSs' version of the story. My investigation ends here I guess, for now......

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ford Everests are manufactured in Thailand, siguro mas maganda lang ang workmanship ng Ford Philippines kaysa sa Thailand. The ranger is also manufactured there (Before it was in the Philippines). It is imported by Ford Group Philippines as CBU. I've driven a Ford Everest, It is a bit rough because of the leaf spring suspension but it handles very well than other SUV (Mas rough nga ang Pajero 3 door that I drove before)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sighting - A Ford Everest in Alabang town center