New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    If the pedal is way below rather than raised up it would be easily caught by a moving floor mat. Otherwise it would slip under the pedal and prevent the driver from pressing the gas pedal rather than press the pedal by itself. Even if a floor mat is stuck to velcro, in time it will loosen and move or drift slowly towards the front. Unless pasaway at pinatong patong floor mat sa driver area, this is a design flaw.

Dapat pala check natin pedals for this low design.
    Sir, mahahaba at both sides and velcro na inilagay ko kaya walang galaw and it won't get skewed. Yun nga lang pag maglilinis ka ng floor mat na kailangan tanggalin medyo dahan-dahan ang hila sa haba ng kapit sa carpet. Anyway lahat ng mats ko up to 2nd row and 3rd row naka velcro lahat kaya kahit magrambulan mga pasahero ko di nagugulo ang mats.

Mali nga yung patong-patong na mat sa driver side, may chance talaga na mag slide ito towards the front.

Safe driving to all tsikoteers.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Naalala ko tuloy yung lancer ex may hook sa flooring tas yung mat may butas...natawa ko nung una kong makita sabi ko naisip pa nila yun...may silbi pala

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    get one of those aftermarket pedals set. this will make your pedals wider, thereby lessening the risk of your pedals getting stuck under the mats.

... and if youre gonna be wearing flip flops, sandals, or any other loose footwear, do what my friend does - she drives barefoot para walang sumasabit sa pedals or loose floor mats.
    I just did this earlier. I removed my crocs and drove barefooted. It was weird but this little voice keep saying in my head...."safe...safe...safe...."

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correct, they could have just turned the engine off.

It didn't even crossed their minds just once?

and they're blaming toyota for this? C'mon.

Knowing Americans, a lawsuit is surely on its way.

All because of a lousy floormat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
search this in Youtube: Death by Floor Mat? Toyota Investigates