New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i notified poorboy's ph about your concerns.

anyway im not connected to poorboy's the authorized dealer is just a friend and the the banawe franchise holder is also a friend. though i dont know the baguio franchise holder personally.

heres my take on the issue:
    nagpapacarwash din naman ako sa iba kasi taga paranaque & laguna ako walang poorboy's dun na malapit hehehe. i guess its common sense that you should never leave valuables in your car while its being carwashed, what i do is lock up valuables sa glove compartment and if its too big like a laptop i take it with me. not every dudung is a theif but its best that you dont give them the chance to be one.

i made a feasibilty study on the business kasi i wanted sana din put up my own carwash business.
    carwash boys are paid for thier hard work with barely enough to get by (same rate as your household help, buti pa katulong free food and lodging). well because carwash and detailers really dont make a lot of money you'll be surprised to know that they only make 10K a month on average minsan break even lang maganda na yung 20K. and for an initial investment of 300k mabagal talaga ang ROI mo. nakakagulat talaga na ganun lang kita sa carwash 5 days a week kasi wala halos negosyo. lalo na pag tag ulan.

well i dont know where im going with this but to get back on track...

kung may mawala man sa car while its being carwashed i guess i'll blame myself cause by leaving my valuables accessible i gave a person the chance to be a thief.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CEREAL_KILLER View Post
    i notified poorboy's ph about your concerns.

anyway im not connected to poorboy's the authorized dealer is just a friend and the the banawe franchise holder is also a friend. though i dont know the baguio franchise holder personally.

heres my take on the issue:
    nagpapacarwash din naman ako sa iba kasi taga paranaque & laguna ako walang poorboy's dun na malapit hehehe. i guess its common sense that you should never leave valuables in your car while its being carwashed, what i do is lock up valuables sa glove compartment and if its too big like a laptop i take it with me. not every dudung is a theif but its best that you dont give them the chance to be one.

i made a feasibilty study on the business kasi i wanted sana din put up my own carwash business.
    carwash boys are paid for thier hard work with barely enough to get by (same rate as your household help, buti pa katulong free food and lodging). well because carwash and detailers really dont make a lot of money you'll be surprised to know that they only make 10K a month on average minsan break even lang maganda na yung 20K. and for an initial investment of 300k mabagal talaga ang ROI mo. nakakagulat talaga na ganun lang kita sa carwash 5 days a week kasi wala halos negosyo. lalo na pag tag ulan.

well i dont know where im going with this but to get back on track...

kung may mawala man sa car while its being carwashed i guess i'll blame myself cause by leaving my valuables accessible i gave a person the chance to be a thief.
    [SIZE=3]Kahit anong business naman di madali ang kumita agad di ba? Pero hindi naman siguro justification yon para gawin kung ano yung hindi tama. By this thread alone, naging conscious na ulit ako sa mga gamit ko tuwing nagpapacarwash ako (lagi ko rin kasi iniiwan dahil sa tagal). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It’s always best to secure our valuables kahit saan. However, you can’t always expect people to bring out all of their valuables for a simple carwash at kung minsan nga hindi naman lahat ng gamit mo eh na aaccount mo on time. Some may be deemed worthless pero laking abala rin pag nawala (i.e car charger-mura lang naman pero abala din yung maghanap at bumili ng panibago)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The thing is, the shop should be aware that this sort of thing has happened at ng makapag imbestiga sila at managot na ang dapat managot and at the same time, it will give the bosses the opportunity to reiterate to their employees to respect customer’s property. Failure to act on a simple complaint is not only damaging business-wise. It will also embolden the culprits next time na may temptation ulit. May pattern na pwede mag emerge diyan at usually, simpleng bagay lang muna ang kinukuha kuha until eventually puwede ng lumaki ang puwedeng kunin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I think trust is the most important thing to be established lalo na sa carwash business because there will always be the tendency for customers to leave their car and keys in the shop. It would be good for customers to be more vigilant and for shops to better promote honesty in service. [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by emongedmund View Post
    1 day, I had to have my engine cleaned ksi d i reregister ng LTO kung marumi ang makina, then nakita ko yung poorboy's car wash and auto detailing ksi yun na ang pinaka malapit at siguro naman maganda service nila ksi may pangalan.. sabi nila na kung engine wash, may kasama na din na carwash at vaccum sa halagang Pxxxxxx.. then sabi ko ok, engine wash muna ksi nagmamadali ako para sa registration then balik nalang ako sa carwash.. bumalik ako ksi sayang din yung package deal na offer nila until that time na tapos na yung car.. umalis na ako at umuwi without knowing na nawala na pala ang ibang stuff ko sa loob ng car.. bumalik ako dun at tinanong ko kng nasan na ang mga nawalang gamit ko.. as usual, puro deny silang lahat na parang ayaw pa magpakita yung naglinis sa car kesyo nka break daw .. bka namis place ko lang daw yung mga gamit sabi ng supervisor..i dont even remember putting out those stuff at andun lang sa loob ng car ksi para sa car talaga yun.. sabi ko maliit lang naman ang halaga yung mga nawala pero sana d mangyayari sa ibang customers nila.. share ko lang to sa mga gustong magpaservice dun.. ingat nalang bka kyo ang nxt na ma MO..
    sir, my sincere apology for what happened to you at one of our franchise shop. I already asked the owner of poorboy's baguio to investigate re your concern.

As an advise.....I always remind all of my clients (Teammeguiars Fort, Poorboys Makati) to take care of their personal belongings. And based for my years of experience I never recieved any complaints for my clients na nawalan sila ng gamit or anything. I am not blaming anybody sa nangyari but as much as possible be always on a lookout sa mga nakapaligid sa atin....one of my friends car wash was victimized by salisi gang who poised as clients also. Since busy most of the time yung mga tao doing their carwash job sometimes hindi nila napapansin yung mga dumadaan or kung sino yung clients or hindi na nakapaligid. Be always vigilant.

Again my apology for what happened.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Whether na misplace ng owner, nanakaw ng either staff or salisi gang...I think this should serve as a lesson na huwag mag-iwan ng valuables sa kotse as much as possible. Hindi lang siguro limited ito to pag nagpapa car wash. I have been a regular Bigbert's customer since early this year and everytime I'd leave the car to eat, iyung supervisor mismo nagtatanong sa akin if may naiwan akong valuables sa car. Kung meron man siguro a few coins para pag nawala hindi ganon kasakit sa bulsa. Kahit regular na ako doon, I wouldn't leave my wallet, cell, etc sa kotse while I'm away. Mahirap na. Iyung ibang customers din kasi would look at the other cars, so may possibility na natiyempuhan si TS. Not sure with poorboys...pero kung sakaling no choice talaga at dapat mong iwan stuff mo sa car, prepare a checklist para may basehan kung may mawala man pagbalik Meron nito sa Bigberts

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav_5 View Post
    Dapat maayos yan ng May ari.

Hindi kasi ganyan dito sa poorboys Banawe at Poorboys Makati. iniiwan ko sa Car yung Cellphone ko at wallet pag nag papa carwasha ko sa kanila. pero hnd naman nawawala. kahit nga yung mga barya eh nandun pa rin.
    i second this. kaya minsan dapat ibackground check ang mga nagfrafranchise. sayang un pangalan ng poorboy's kung masisira lang siya

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    or pwede rin mga tambay dun na squatter kung merun man.. sa banawe kase marame un pagala gala tapos magsaamanthala pag hidne ka nakatingin

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think its better be safe and keep your valuables with you at all time. dont leave cameras, ipods, wallets (?!), phones and/or laptops.. not just in car wash places, but also pay parking lots and malls.

if you really have to go away and cant take those with you, am sure you can ask the establishment to safe keep your things while you are gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sa mga taga Baguio.. Ingat sa Poorboy's Carwash