New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im guilty of this..one night, naghahabulan kami ng hinayupak na SiR sa coastal road...e ang daming pylon car, ginawa ko overtake sa isang bus using the shoulder road..o shet, yung balls ko umakyat sa lalamunan ko..may celyrosa ordinary bus na nag papalit ng gulong in front of me while i was running at around 150 to 160Kph ..and one of the seats ang ginawang early warning device....buti na lang nag give way ung bus na na overtakan ko...hayy...nakakadala...never na ako oovertake don...too riskY!
    Last edited by SunTzu; June 10th, 2004 at 06:08 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by SunTzu
    im guilty of this..one night, naghahabulan kami ng hinayupak na SiR sa coastal road...e ang daming pylon car, ginawa ko overtake sa isang bus using the shoulder road..o shet, yung balls ko umakyat sa lalamunan ko..may celyrosa ordinary bus na nag papalit ng gulong in front of me while i was running at around 150 to 160Kph ..and one of the seats ang ginawang early warning device
    Buti na lang walang nangyari. Kung saka-sakali kawawa naman yung mga ma-a-apektuhan sa bus dahil sa pagkaka-bangga mo. :whoa:

The only time I used the shoulder was when I had to check my car's engine bay because of an unusual nose. I gradually slowed down sa shoulder(pumping the gas pedal once in a while) and turned on my hazard lights. While I was opening my engine bay, I saw a galant and BMW using the shoulder lane. They had to stop because of my car was blocking their way. The galant merged with the inner lane after bumusina tapos yung BMW, sa part na may grass dumaan. Parang sila pa ang galit because I had to use the shoulder for a legit reason. :mad:
    Last edited by legtu; June 11th, 2004 at 03:47 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    That's bad, kaya guys stay alert and obey traffic rules. Drive wisely.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapag daily user ka diyan sa slex at bumper to bumper ang traffic di pwedeng di ka gumamit lalo diyan sa may parteng ginagawa yang Caltex pag sobra traffic pa north bound pinapacounterflow ng mga traffic polis sa south bound lane at sila pa encourage yung mga south bound na dumaan ng shoulder dahil two lanes na nga lang dahil sa counterflow, so paano ka makakaiwas? minsan ganyan din ginagawa sa may parteng bicutan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I must say, anyone who drives his car on the shoulder lane without any apparent reason or legitimate purpose is f*****g plain stupid! I'm just sorry for you. You know who you are. (No pun intended to my co-tsikoteers..)

kiper.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Linkk: I think iba naman yung "authorized" use of the shoulder by the PNCC... same thing with counterflow that's previously "coned" before use... Pag ganun it's not "illegal" since sinabihan kayo na yun ang gagamitin.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I'm proud to say that today, on the SLEX from Calamba entry point to Nichols toll plaza, I did not use the shoulder to overtake even once.

Maraming sasakyan, pero wala naman nung halos sabay tapos bina-block both lanes. Meron pa ring nasa fast lane na slow.

Ang nakakatawa, merong mga gumagamit ng shoulder tapos babagal din naman after a while, naaabutan ko rin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know, those who pass on the shoulder have no right to bitch about reckless PUV drivers and chaotic streets.

come on guys... those who don't know and do wrong are ignorant, but those who know and still do wrong are just plain arrogant, and tragic.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    proud to say that in the countless times that I drove along slex, i've never used the shoulder lanes for overtaking

and I've always been conscious of my speed when Im in the fast lane, going to the outer lane when I notice a faster car approching my tail

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sa mga gumagamit ng shoulder pang overtake.